Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 128 of 132 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1314

Thread: Will President Trump run for a second term?

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    01:27 AM

Re: Will President Trump run for a second term?

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    I wonder whether we could try predicting when Roger Stone will get a Presidential pardon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51580160
    I hope Trump quickly pardons Stone. It should make for some jolly good entertainment.
    “The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
    Gang aft agley.
    An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
    For promis'd joy!

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    07:27 AM

Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    I hope Trump quickly pardons Stone. It should make for some jolly good entertainment.
    But surely this might polarize popular opinion.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    12:27 AM

Current odds are 6-4 for a pardon before the end of term.

I expected them to b much higher
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    01:27 AM

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    but surely this might polarize popular opinion.
    Really?

POLARIZE
    “The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
    Gang aft agley.
    An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
    For promis'd joy!

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time

We appear to be at the dawn of a new format White House press briefing after a long interlude.

The new format consists of the President, flanked by stony-faced high-ranked apparatchiks, making an announcement. A coronavirus death in Washington State, if I heard right, prompting bans on all foreigners entering the Homeland if they've visited enemy territory recently - I'm sure that ban will widen over the coming months - and, naturally, all Iranians.

Then the stony-faced high-ranked apparatchiks all take a turn, each passing the baton, starting with the VP. What the Pentagon chappie was going to say didn't get as far as the news channel but my word he was weighed down with a lot of gold braid. I expect he'd at least ordered someone shot in Grenada given the rows of ribbon on display.

The way it will go is pretty clear, and President Trump must be as gleeful as Boy George chortling over his trifecta on live TV. Mexico will get a thousand cases of Covid-19 and the President is going to demand his wall again. Immediate, now, no dissent, America must wear a full-length condom to keep out those diseased Hispanics with their filthy viruses. The likelihood of extreme domestic emergency legislation is also in the air.

I think someone should build him a life-size Lenin Mausoleum in front of the Capitol just so they can all stand on it for these events, those department heads all had an identical power-hungry look about them to the ones behind Nikita.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time

If I may, I’ll post all you need to know of the Oval Office address.

My fellow Americans … coronavirus outbreak that started in China … marshaling the full power of the federal government and the private sector … the most aggressive and comprehensive effort to confront a foreign virus in modern history … we will ultimately and expeditiously defeat this virus … Our team is the best anywhere in the world … sweeping travel restrictions on China … we've seen dramatically fewer cases of the virus in the United States than are now present in Europe … large number of new clusters in the United States were seeded by travelers from Europe … these prohibitions will not only apply to the tremendous amount of trade and cargo, but various other things as we get approval. Anything coming from Europe to the United States is what we are discussing … waive all co-payments for coronavirus treatments … anti-viral therapies available in record time … vast majority of Americans, the risk is very, very low … action today will prevent the spread of the virus tomorrow … life-saving move with early action on China. Now we must take the same action with Europe. We will not delay. I will never hesitate to take any necessary steps to protect the lives, health and safety of the American people. I will always put the well being of America first. If we are vigilant, and we can reduce the chance of infection, which we will, we will significantly impede the transmission of the virus. The virus will not have a chance against us. No nation is more prepared or more resilient than the United States. We have the best economy, the most advanced health care, and the most talented doctors, scientists and researchers anywhere in the world. We are all in this together.

We are all in this together so long as we’re not foreigners, by the sound of it.

Would someone please impeach Mike Pence before this fruitloop gets led away to the happy farm clutching a dribble-cup.

"The virus will not have a chance against us"?

"These prohibitions will not only apply to the tremendous amount of trade and cargo, but various other things as we get approval. Anything coming from Europe to the United States is what we are discussing".

Please, America, put an upper age limit of fifty or so on first-time Presidential candidates in future. You need protecting from this sort of mortifying debacle.

Donald Trump is old enough, and looks it, to be Boris Johnson's father, and acts it.

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time

The trouble with the Trump bozo base is that it's not small, it's not mythical and it's not going to go away whether you retain the Trump presidency or you don't. These people exist, they're pugnacious, they love gloating and they're not going to just go home and stop doing it.

And they have a vote.

A mass refusal to vote for whoever the MAGA bozos are supporting would be a sensible way forward for the whole of the rest of America.

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    04:27 PM

I was watching the endorsement of Biden by Obama the other day. Biden would have to be the most unenthusiastic runner I've ever seen. He positively looked depressed.

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    12:27 AM

Quote Originally Posted by magentaflame View Post
    I was watching the endorsement of Biden by Obama the other day. Biden would have to be the most unenthusiastic runner I've ever seen. He positively looked depressed.
    Biden is the master of understatement in today's political world.

Besides, His lack of enthusiasm probably is in part because he knows all too well just what he has set himself up for if he wins.
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    04:27 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Biden is the master of understatement in today's political world.

Besides, His lack of enthusiasm probably is in part because he knows all too well just what he has set himself up for if he wins.
    That was my guess.

But to the original question "Will President Trump run for a second term?"

1. Do you think they'll let him? Votes and power is one thing but is the republican party that bereft of morals?

2 After that injecting disenfectant statement that was apparently sarcasm (so I looked a the footage) but it wasn't. That was a man prattling on about something in his own head. I think we've all been on this forum long enough to know sarcasm when we see it. And the fact he won't be engaging with reporters anymore because in his mind they make him look bad. Something tells me his own party has told him to shut the eff up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 128 of 132 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 ... LastLast