Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 115 of 115 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115
Results 1,141 to 1,148 of 1148

Thread: Will President Trump run for a second term?

Local Date
    01-16-2019
    Local Time
    09:27 PM

Re: Will President Trump run for a second term?

I tend to think of the Presidential assassins and mass shooters (who aren't kids) as far right gun totin' types. Trump's supporters, in other words. US left wingers and liberals are generally against that sort of thing so I'm only aware of one mass killer who went after a far right rally. I reckon Trump's pretty safe.

Though if someone could come up with a really good poo cannon he might be less so.

I don't think he's completely stupid either. More and more I think of him as a Mob Boss. He has a low cunning and complete shamelessness and the loyalty of a reservoir dog. I did smile when Pence's Chief of Staff turned down the chance to work for him. Spoke volumes.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

Local Date
    01-16-2019
    Local Time
    04:27 PM

Clodhopper, great assessment, IMO

Local Date
    01-16-2019
    Local Time
    03:27 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Clodhopper View Post
    I tend to think of the Presidential assassins and mass shooters (who aren't kids) as far right gun totin' types.
    What is a gun totin' types?

Trump's supporters, in other words.
    That is quite a slander.

US left wingers and liberals are generally against that sort of thing
    Of the four presidents, assassinated one was in my life time, by a Communist.

so I'm only aware of one mass killer who went after a far right rally. I reckon Trump's pretty safe.

Though if someone could come up with a really good poo cannon he might be less so.

I don't think he's completely stupid either. More and more I think of him as a Mob Boss. He has a low cunning and complete shamelessness and the loyalty of a reservoir dog. I did smile when Pence's Chief of Staff turned down the chance to work for him. Spoke volumes.
    List of United States presidential assassination attempts and plots
    "A billion here, a billion there, pretty soon, you're talking real money." - Senator Everett Dirksen

Elim Garak: The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.

Local Date
    01-16-2019
    Local Time

The issue with Trump is not what he does but the lack of thought and substance that goes along with it.

If he says he's pulling troops out of Syria, his promise is about as worthless as a degree from Trump University. Did he even think this through? Or consult anyone? The adult in the room was named "Mad Dog" ... and he quit in protest.

Trump is a goldmine of comedy material. :-)

The wall is a great symbol of Trump's presidency. He makes a series of wild, poorly thought out statements. Like saying that Mexico was going to pay for it. Are they? That makes me laugh. When it's all said and done, there's no wall. Now he's saying the government may be shut down for possibly years. Years! Or he talks about declaring a national emergency to complete "the final sections of the wall." As if it's nearly complete. What has he actually accomplished?

Aside from rubber-stamping a corporate tax plan and picking supreme court nominees (on a list handed to him) he's not really done much. He's all talk, and 200% B.S. :-)

Local Date
    01-16-2019
    Local Time

tude: What is a gun totin' types?

Someone who habitually carries a gun. More facetiously, look at yaaarg's picture (they don't have to be far right eg might just need a gun for work but the stereotype has them that way).

t: That is quite a slander.

Well, the Republican Party (to their eternal shame) the KKK and the NRA support Trump, I believe? So that's far right and gun totin' covered. If you support social medicine, are anti nuke and favour gun control you aren't likely to belong to the NRA or the KKK and probably vote Democrat... Though there are always exceptions. Generally I think I've made a fair statement.

t: Of the four presidents, assassinated one was in my life time, by a Communist.

Kennedy? If Oswald really was a communist, well, they are as bad as the far right (at least they are as they turn out, not as they intend. Communism is a lovely idea in theory. It's the practice that sucks) and once you are out at the extremes about the biggest difference between Communism and Fascism is the Fascists have designer uniforms.

Anyway, I go with the theory the Mob were behind the Kennedy assassination(s). Far right gun totin' types.

Local Date
    01-16-2019
    Local Time

yaaarrgggh: The trouble with Trump and Brexit is that neither is all talk. Both are having negative effects in the real world. I think that we are in worse trouble than you are but you are having a much worse effect on the world and the future - climate change alone does that. Add the increasing isolationism and you'll be sat there with a huge military at home, in a Chinese dominated world with rising sea levels, many more extreme climate events like hurricanes, wildfires and famine and increasing chaos and desperation globally.

Local Date
    01-16-2019
    Local Time

tude: What is a gun totin' types?

Someone who habitually carries a gun. More facetiously, look at yaaarg's picture (they don't have to be far right eg might just need a gun for work but the stereotype has them that way).
    Thanks for confirming what I thought you were saying.

t: That is quite a slander.

Well, the Republican Party (to their eternal shame) the KKK and the NRA support Trump, I believe? So that's far right and gun totin' covered. If you support social medicine, are anti nuke and favour gun control you aren't likely to belong to the NRA or the KKK and probably vote Democrat... Though there are always exceptions. Generally I think I've made a fair statement.

t: Of the four presidents, assassinated one was in my life time, by a Communist.

Kennedy? If Oswald really was a communist, well, they are as bad as the far right (at least they are as they turn out, not as they intend. Communism is a lovely idea in theory. It's the practice that sucks) and once you are out at the extremes about the biggest difference between Communism and Fascism is the Fascists have designer uniforms.

Anyway, I go with the theory the Mob were behind the Kennedy assassination(s). Far right gun totin' types.
    At least you're honest.
    "A billion here, a billion there, pretty soon, you're talking real money." - Senator Everett Dirksen

Elim Garak: The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.

Local Date
    01-16-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    (On a minor related point, a silly issue I have is a difficulty responding at all, let alone graciously, to compliments. It's particularly silly because I like getting them of course! So before I go from bad to worse, thank you Anne for your kind words.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 115 of 115 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115