Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 126 of 127 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1267

Thread: Will President Trump run for a second term?

Local Date
    10-23-2019
    Local Time
    05:25 AM

Re: Will President Trump run for a second term?

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    With any other provenance you could guarantee it had been photoshopped, what's so astonishing is that it's untouched. How on earth did the photographer manage that jackpot.
    No doubt!

Nobody can beat dumb luck!

Local Date
    10-23-2019
    Local Time
    11:25 AM

There's a fine article in the Guardian, if anyone would like a look.

Through the looking glass, and a wormhole, in the farthest reaches of a parallel universe, Donald Trump is not facing impeachment. Instead he is truth-teller, a healer of divisions and such a moral champion of African Americans they wonder if that Obama chap was a bit overrated.

To be in the East Room of the White House on Friday afternoon was to step into this alternative reality. More than 200 African American students and young professionals roared with delight and adulation, chanting “USA! USA!” and pointing camera phones, as Trump walked in and gave a typically jarring speech that veered off teleprompter.

In this reality, Trump can do no wrong. He is a standup comic whose lines always land. Millennials praise him for “saving America” and demand “four more years!” His pal Kanye West is a seer. The agent provocateurs of social media are venerated for their contrariness. The enemies are the liberals, the Democrats and their deep state cronies and the fake news media, all of which are to blame for everything from inner city crime to colluding to impeach.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-candace-owens

Another headline sums up President Trump's entire strategy as being the focus of discussion, "He wants you in a mud fight". That's the man in a nutshell.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Premium Member
    Local Date
    10-23-2019
    Local Time
    06:25 AM

No doubt about it. The democrats appear very lame, but I think there's more to it than just ineptitude on the part of the DNC as well as other democratic players. There are two pieces I've recently read that fit perfectly into this confusing chain of events. There just doesn't seem to be any logical sense to any of this garbage, unless the contents of these two articles are relevant.

First, there's little to no daylight between establishment democrats and Trump, who is as neoliberal as Pelosi/Shummer, it's simply a matter of style. In fact, the entire neoliberal cadre will vote Trump over Sanders. The same might be said for Warren or Gabbard

Following the electoral fiasco of 2016, the DNC defended itself in court by arguing that it has no obligation to provide a fair and open primary. In fact, the DNC ran a disinformation campaign against Bernie Sanders, used Superdelegates to overturn primary results, miscounted and misplaced ballots in crucial state primaries and violated its own charter in the allocation of funds to the candidates. In other words, they stole the primary election.
    Then there are the US intelligence agencies, also vastly neoliberal, that want less of a maverick type like Trump and prefer an establishment type like Pence, or better yet, Pelosi as president. I suspect this is why Grandma Nancy hasn't retired and was chosen by elites to be Speaker.

Whatever one thinks of Donald Trump and impeachment, it is the political establishment that is trying to bring him down. That the ‘whistleblower’ is a CIA officer who has since returned to active duty at the agency isn’t lost on Mr. Trump’s supporters. As much as the NPR tote bag set believes that it is the fount of wisdom and truth, they, along with the CIA, inflicted three years of the cynical farce of Russiagate on us and came up empty handed.

The CIA was the central protagonist in Russiagate. The origins of the New Cold War are found in Bill Clinton’s first term, when administration neo-cons looted, plundered and moved NATO against a prostrate Russia in contradiction to explicit guarantees not to do so made by the George H.W. Bush administration. Vladimir Putin’s apparent crime was to oust the Clintonites from Russia and restore Russian sovereignty.
    https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/10...ou-by-the-cia/

Second, there's this in play that must be influencing lots of behavior.

Since the apparent death by suicide of Jeffrey Epstein in a Manhattan prison, much has come to light about his depraved activities and methods used to sexually abuse underage girls and entrap the rich and powerful for the purposes of blackmail. Epstein’s ties to intelligence, described in-depth in a recent MintPress investigative series, have continued to receive minimal mainstream media coverage, which has essentially moved on from the Epstein scandal despite the fact that his many co-conspirators remain on the loose.

For those who have examined Epstein’s ties to intelligence, there are clear links to both U.S. intelligence and Israeli intelligence, leaving it somewhat open to debate as to which country’s intelligence apparatus was closest to Epstein and most involved in his blackmail/sex-trafficking activities. A recent interview given by a former high-ranking official in Israeli military intelligence has claimed that Epstein’s sexual blackmail enterprise was an Israel intelligence operation run for the purpose of entrapping powerful individuals and politicians in the United States and abroad.
    https://www.mintpressnews.com/ari-be...igence/262162/

What this all reveals is that intelligence agencies have way too much power. Donald Trump, quite by accident due to the colossal era made by James Comey during the very beginning of Trump's time in office, when Comey thought he'd put Trump on notice that the intelligence agencies had lots of dirt on him, so he'd better cooperate. Trump, after a time of confusion as to what was happening, decided to go with his instincts and just disrupt the establishment. And, so he did.

Trump is by no means a person of the people, he's an elitist rich guy (or so he pretends to be, perhaps) that is out for only himself. That is proven in so many ways, but no more so than his turning his back on Julian Assange.

While on one hand, I enjoy what I'm seeing in taking on the intelligence apparatus, I am however in horror when I see what this man is doing to this country domestically. Employment is up for the time being, and that's about all most of his supporters care about, but at the cost of so much in the way of civil liberties, environmental concerns, complete disrespect for the office of the presidency, childish name-calling and bullying. There just aren't enough reasons to allow this imbecile to remain as president

I would prefer he was voted out of office, but he broke the law due to his childishness behavior, and he deserves to be impeached. If the Senate doesn't expel him, so be it.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Premium Member
    Local Date
    10-23-2019
    Local Time

Oh my word, Mr Trudeau, you'll start a war if you're not a bit more discreet.

That really has to win a photo-journalism award.
    I bet Trump likes to watch.
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    10-23-2019
    Local Time
    04:25 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    No doubt about it. The democrats appear very lame, but I think there's more to it than just ineptitude on the part of the DNC as well as other democratic players. There are two pieces I've recently read that fit perfectly into this confusing chain of events. There just doesn't seem to be any logical sense to any of this garbage, unless the contents of these two articles are relevant.

First, there's little to no daylight between establishment democrats and Trump, who is as neoliberal as Pelosi/Shummer, it's simply a matter of style. In fact, the entire neoliberal cadre will vote Trump over Sanders. The same might be said for Warren or Gabbard

Then there are the US intelligence agencies, also vastly neoliberal, that want less of a maverick type like Trump and prefer an establishment type like Pence, or better yet, Pelosi as president. I suspect this is why Grandma Nancy hasn't retired and was chosen by elites to be Speaker.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/10...ou-by-the-cia/

Second, there's this in play that must be influencing lots of behavior.

https://www.mintpressnews.com/ari-be...igence/262162/

What this all reveals is that intelligence agencies have way too much power. Donald Trump, quite by accident due to the colossal era made by James Comey during the very beginning of Trump's time in office, when Comey thought he'd put Trump on notice that the intelligence agencies had lots of dirt on him, so he'd better cooperate. Trump, after a time of confusion as to what was happening, decided to go with his instincts and just disrupt the establishment. And, so he did.

Trump is by no means a person of the people, he's an elitist rich guy (or so he pretends to be, perhaps) that is out for only himself. That is proven in so many ways, but no more so than his turning his back on Julian Assange.

While on one hand, I enjoy what I'm seeing in taking on the intelligence apparatus, I am however in horror when I see what this man is doing to this country domestically. Employment is up for the time being, and that's about all most of his supporters care about, but at the cost of so much in the way of civil liberties, environmental concerns, complete disrespect for the office of the presidency, childish name-calling and bullying. There just aren't enough reasons to allow this imbecile to remain as president

I would prefer he was voted out of office, but he broke the law due to his childishness behavior, and he deserves to be impeached. If the Senate doesn't expel him, so be it.
    I believe that you give the man and his cronies far too much credit.

While the job numbers seem good, the pay scale is horrible. Many of those jobs are unskilled part-time work. I know a number of people stuck working two or three part-time jobs at sub-minimum wage, with no benefits, just trying to keep up with rent and groceries. Meanwhile the skilled labor marketplace is sorely missing qualified candidates.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    10-23-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    While the job numbers seem good, the pay scale is horrible. Many of those jobs are unskilled part-time work. I know a number of people stuck working two or three part-time jobs at sub-minimum wage, with no benefits, just trying to keep up with rent and groceries. Meanwhile the skilled labor marketplace is sorely missing qualified candidates.
    That is certainly mirrored in the UK. We have concepts like the zero-hour contract where you're called in for shifts when there's work, pay for your own training before employment starts, pay for your own equipment, find a replacement worker if you're off sick or risk a penalty clause, none of it was dreamt of when I started out.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    10-23-2019
    Local Time

That is certainly mirrored in the UK. We have concepts like the zero-hour contract where you're called in for shifts when there's work, pay for your own training before employment starts, pay for your own equipment, find a replacement worker if you're off sick or risk a penalty clause, none of it was dreamt of when I started out.
    I don't know if anything like that exists in the US, but that's nuts.
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Premium Member
    Local Date
    10-23-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    I believe that you give the man and his cronies far too much credit.

I agree! So much of the attitude toward the economy is purely emotional. The policies themselves don't really have much in a substantial way, only that it's a new policy that excites the peasants. Such is the rollercoaster ride of an economy based on the concept of slavery. And it's funny how conditioned we are to accept that fact.
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    10-23-2019
    Local Time
    04:25 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    I don't know if anything like that exists in the US, but that's nuts.
    There are temp services that have done something similar to that. Manpower, for example.
    My first job was with Manpower in South Florida, working a scullery at a US Coast Guard installation in the Bahamas. I had to prove that I was qualified to operate the dish-washing equipment before I was accepted go to work. So I took on similar job at the local Truck stop long enough to prove that I had the "skill"
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    10-23-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Lawks. They had dishwashers that long ago?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 126 of 127 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 LastLast