+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Date with an FG Member

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time
    12:57 PM

Date with an FG Member

You can choose up to seven FG Members whom you would like to spend a day or evening with. What you do on the date is up to you. It can be platonic (just friends) or something more, as you choose. You can choose anyone, men or women, it's your date.
    It's impossible to name everyone without accidentally leaving someone out so that's why I suggest limiting it to seven people. Warning: this is going to be tough just picking seven!

Who would you choose and what would you do?

My choices.....

1. Nomad. I would take us to an art museum where we could enjoy and discuss intriguing works. I would love to hear what Nomad thinks of the artists and their work. Dinner would be a picnic in a beautiful park with bread and cheeses and sparkling cider. I see Nomad as one who enjoys good food and the art of eating, but I don't think he's a snob about it so I think a picnic would be perfect.

2. Spot. I think visiting a museum of any kind with Spot would be time well spent because Spot can make absolutely anything seem interesting and he seems to have a wealth of knowledge about all things across the board. We would have a nice lunch at the area's nicest restaurant, one offering an elegant menu. I would imagine our conversation would run the gamut and I know I would come away having learned something, enjoying myself in the process.

3. Chonsi. Chonsi is one of the nicest people I can think of and we both love poetry so I would like to spend a day with her at a poetry reading. Maybe at a retro-beatnik coffeehouse, better yet, a reading where we could read some of our own work. I think it would be great to talk with her about world events and pretty much anything. I would take her to lunch or dinner at my favorite Mexican restaurant, which isn't too fancy but it's cozy and inviting and the food is the best!

4. Lemon and Mint. I don't know Lemon very well yet but I would like the chance to. I think she's a kind and thoughtful person and someone who would be fun to spend time with. Does Lemon like to shop? Maybe we could spend a girls' day out hitting all the good stores. I would let my Lemony friend decide what we would be doing but I know a visit to the ice cream parlor would be included!

5. Bryn Mawr. I always learn something from Bryn, without fail. I find him very interesting, friendly and respectful of others. I'm not sure what he would enjoy doing so I'd let him decide but I might suggest a ride in a hot air balloon. I think that would be a blast. Afterward, dinner would be at a place of Bryn's choosing.

6. Neffy. Neffy and I would have a good time doing probably anything, I expect. I know she likes wine and I love vineyards so I think a fun place to go would be to Napa Valley California or (since this is fantasy anyway) maybe a beautiful Tuscan vineyard for the day. We could follow up with a scrumptious Italian dinner on the balcony of a quaint villa.

7. Lisa. Lisa is a blast to get to know and I already know we have lots in common. Like animals for instance. I like zoos but I also feel guilty about going to them. So I would take Lisa to Utah and we'd spend the day at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary, loving on the animals and soaking up beautiful Utah fresh air. Utah has great restaurants so we'd pick one of those and have good food and really good, down to earth conversation.

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time
    08:57 PM

Re: Date with an FG Member

This is without doubt either the best-researched intro thread of all time or someone's copied one of koan's game threads from nine years back. I'm tempted not to go and check.

Welcome to the site.

eta: No, I can't find it, it's not koan's or anyone else's from back then. Blimey.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time

As you say, a fascinating post but at least eight years out of date.

I wonder who it can be?

I love intrigue like this, I can see an interesting conversation developing :-)

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time

I'm reluctant to provide seven names since I've definitely gone out with more than seven members by now, my life wouldn't be worth living whoever I left off.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time
    09:57 PM

@Spot......'Gone out with' ? in the old fashioned sense ?

My nose is out of joint already......not having made umm's seven.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time

The improbability of the claim is meant to have invoked hilarity and mirth, sir.

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    The improbability of the claim is meant to have invoked hilarity and mirth, sir.
    Are they not Santa's reindeer ?

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time
    03:57 PM

Interesting that almost all the folks named no longer come here. Just a thought.

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    Are they not Santa's reindeer ?
    I do not date moose.

Local Date
    12-13-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    Interesting that almost all the folks named no longer come here. Just a thought.
    ummahawaty has spent days trawling through old posts without realising the membership changes over time, full marks for dedication, no marks for due deligence.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast