Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Blackface

Local Date
    08-22-2019
    Local Time
    01:19 AM

Re: Blackface

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    It's 1960 I was describing from personal memory. By all means we can go through the entire period you've indicated, saying what changed in each year, but back in 1960 that's how I saw it. The BBC was describing terrorist ANC attacks and everyone thought white supremacy was God's appointed natural order. You needed to be Trevor Huddleston to think different.
    Bruvver Trev for me in future then.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Local Date
    08-22-2019
    Local Time

It's 1960 I was describing from personal memory. By all means we can go through the entire period you've indicated, saying what changed in each year, but back in 1960 that's how I saw it. The BBC was describing terrorist ANC attacks and everyone thought white supremacy was God's appointed natural order. You needed to be Trevor Huddleston to think different.
    What utter bollocks. there have always been those who saw no reason to treat others as inferior to them, racism is a man made construct from time immorial people have always opposed bigotry and hatred. I remember sharpeville as well and the anti-apartheid marches and calls for a boycott of south africa.

Robert Burns Country: A Man's A Man For A' That:

A Man's A Man For A' That
    What do you think he was on about?

We hold these truths to be sacred & undeniable; that all men are created equal & independent, that from that equal creation they derive rights inherent & inalienable, among which are the preservation of life, & liberty, & the pursuit of happiness; ...
    Where did that sentiment come from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX98LGnvc1E

Local Date
    08-22-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    We hold these truths to be sacred & undeniable; that all men are created equal & independent, that from that equal creation they derive rights inherent & inalienable, among which are the preservation of life, & liberty, & the pursuit of happiness; ...
    Where did that sentiment come from?
    Slave-owning America?
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    08-22-2019
    Local Time

Slave-owning America?
    Not entirely they bwere hardly being original

Thomas Rainsbrough
    Really I think that the poorest he that is in England has a life to live as the greatest he; and therefore truly, sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that government; and I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that government that he has not had a voice to put himself under.
    Surely as a bristol man you are familiar with the levellers and the putney debates?

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...0/thepooresthe

My point, which I'm not making very well is that there have alway been those who opposed manifest destiny and the white man's burden, emperialism and that kind of crap and thought all should have equal opportunity and live together without destroying the environment for the sake of quick profit but they get shouted down in the noise from the winners and it's happening even as we speak. - Ukip et al go on about the 1689 bill of rights and sem to know nothing about things like the putney debates now we have the prospect of a UK bill of rights to replace the human rights act that will actially make us worse off and the people cheer while they are being shafted convinced all is for the best and anyone who says hang on a minite gets shouted down as unpatriotic and standiong in the way of democracy. Liars, cheats and bigots are about to take us out of the eu and an insne racist and mysiginist is about to win the US presidency. Sod consopiracy theories reality is even more unbelieveable.

Though I do agree with you maybe those who object to the morris dancers could do with a little histrory lesson.

Local Date
    08-22-2019
    Local Time
    10:19 AM

This years sitting of parliament is about including aboriginals in the constitution. But at the same time watering down the racial villification laws. It shouldnt be illegal to be a bigot basically.

I kind of agree with the latter.... but im afraid about the constitution inclusion. I think a treaty not inclusion.

Local Date
    08-22-2019
    Local Time

In my opinion, the result of Political Correctness is to work AGAINST the fight for equality (of ALL types - not just Racial), as being told what to think does nothing more than get people's backs up & consequently forms resistance to the objective. Positive Discrimination (an oxymoron in itself, as it's still Discrimination), in particular, as it not only goes against equality, but favours Discrimination in the opposite direction. Not surprisingly, this is going to cause resentment, resistance, and general ill will. You cannot force attitudes on anyone.

Local Date
    08-22-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    One should not need an attitude forcing on oneself. Simple good manners is invariably sufficient. Nobody with good manners would cause undeserved offence, neither deliberately nor carelessly.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3