Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: The Bible

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gabriola Island BC
    Posts
    5,671
    Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    07:41 AM

    The Bible

    Similar posted elsewhere but don't know how to move it. The Bible is not a history book but a religious book though it does contain some history. There are 2 creation stories, 2 Noah stories. There are contradictions that only a great deal of creative dancing can reconcile. One has to ask how did Judas Iscariot die? It tellls us he died in two different ways. That was quite a feat. How do we explain these.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    13,489
    Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    03:41 PM

    Re: The Bible

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Similar posted elsewhere but don't know how to move it. The Bible is not a history book but a religious book though it does contain some history. There are 2 creation stories, 2 Noah stories. There are contradictions that only a great deal of creative dancing can reconcile. One has to ask how did Judas Iscariot die? It tellls us he died in two different ways. That was quite a feat. How do we explain these.
    Don't try you will go insane just accept what is in it and don;t treat it as gospel.

  3. #3
    Senior Member AnneBoleyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    6,583
    Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    10:41 AM

    Re: The Bible

    Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    Don't try you will go insane just accept what is in it and don;t treat it as gospel.

    You're so cute gmc!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gabriola Island BC
    Posts
    5,671
    Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    07:41 AM

    Re: The Bible

    In my view there is simple solution. Lets find some them.

  5. #5
    Proudly humble LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    10,795
    Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    08:41 AM

    Re: The Bible

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    In my view there is simple solution. Lets find some them.
    The simple solution is to accept it as a fascinating collection of stories from the days of the Bronze and Iron ages. Not unlike the Mythologies of Greeks, and Norse cultures.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gabriola Island BC
    Posts
    5,671
    Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    07:41 AM

    Re: The Bible

    The Bible contains much wisdom. Whether old or modern wisdom is wisdom.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,039
    Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    07:41 AM

    Re: The Bible

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    The Bible contains much wisdom. Whether old or modern wisdom is wisdom.
    Other than the Golden Rule, which is not a new Christian concept, what wisdom can you point to for us in scriptures?

    Regards
    DL

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts