Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Armed insurrection in the us?

Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time
    05:59 AM

Re: Armed insurrection in the us?

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    A question for the americans on this forum. If Trump loses and given he has been inciting his followers to violence how likely, do you think, are riots etc after the presidential election? Some of his followers do not seem terribly rational.
    You can't "given" something that isn't "given".

I have been watching the campaigns pretty attentively and I have heard no such threat, from Trump or anyone else. In fact, such incitement might be a punishable crime in itself.

Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time
    04:59 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Aspam View Post
    You can't "given" something that isn't "given".

I have been watching the campaigns pretty attentively and I have heard no such threat.
    Really?
    There are numerous recorded events where he told people in the audience to commit violent acts on "non supporters" And a couple of times he promised to pay the legal costs of those who did.
    That sounds like inciting violence to me.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Really?
    There are numerous recorded events where he told people in the audience to commit violent acts on "non supporters" And a couple of times he promised to pay the legal costs of those who did.
    That sounds like inciting violence to me.
    I don't know how "numerous" they are or were, your key words are "in the audience".

I think that the initial poster was presenting an imagined situation that he thought might occur if or after Trump were to lose the election, and I see no indication of that. If you know something different, from a RELIABLE source, please share it with the rest of us.

Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time
    12:59 PM

I have been watching the campaigns pretty attentively and I have heard no such threat, from Trump or anyone else. In fact, such incitement might be a punishable crime in itself.
    Mark did you read through this thread ? There is one video of the man talking in a way that is unworthy of a candidate for the most powerful post in the world.
    Anyway.........if you missed that here is another incident of the goon shooting his mouth off.
    About a minute in.......

I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    Mark did you read through this thread ? There is one video of the man talking in a way that is unworthy of a candidate for the most powerful post in the world.
    Anyway.........if you missed that here is another incident of the goon shooting his mouth off.
    About a minute in.......

All I'm getting is "A Plug-In is Needed..." so I can't comment on the video. A plug-in is what I do with my shaver every morning, but I don't think that's what they mean.

HOWEVER, almost everything Trump says is unworthy of a candidate for ANY post. That's why he is unlikely to win the election, barring some last-minute surprise. But encouraging his moron supporters to riot, which would almost certainly result in their arrest, that I doubt that he is advocating.

Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time

All I'm getting is "A Plug-In is Needed..." so I can't comment on the video. A plug-in is what I do with my shaver every morning, but I don't think that's what they mean.

HOWEVER, almost everything Trump says is unworthy of a candidate for ANY post. That's why he is unlikely to win the election, barring some last-minute surprise. But encouraging his moron supporters to riot, which would almost certainly result in their arrest, that I doubt that he is advocating.
    You may be assuming too much of him. He does not appear to actually give much thought to what comes out of his mouth.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time
    12:59 PM

Here is a draft of the "Knock the crap out of them" speech.

In the UK we were convinced our future in the EU would never be in question......same again much of the Out campaign was Trump like extravagant hyperbole......the unbelievable happened......we voted out........................have you seen the latest news ?
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time
    11:59 AM

Fox News made the claim that the FBI were investigating her & planning to indict her if / when she got elected. The next day they admitted that it was an outright lie. However, it is an old technique of planting doubt in people's minds. Rather like stating that someone was being investigated by the Police of accusations of Child Abuse, even though it were later announced that the accusations were found to be false, there would always follow the claims of "No smoke without fire", despite the fact that Police HAVE to investigate any such claims. The problem is that mud sticks, and even an unfounded allegation can ruin someone's life. Most people, I imagine, will agree that Trump is an odious madman, who is a danger to the security of the world if ever he were to be elected, but both sides seem to be guilty of mud slinging instead of keeping to the real issues. But that's politics for you.

Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time

As to violence: There was an example of a man wearing a Trump pin on his short and was standing outside the early voting places displaying a openly carried handgun on his hip. When asked, he replied that he was "overseeing the election process."

Is that intimidating or what?

Republicans are haters.

Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time
    11:59 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    I don't know how "numerous" they are or were, your key words are "in the audience".

I think that the initial poster was presenting an imagined situation that he thought might occur if or after Trump were to lose the election, and I see no indication of that. If you know something different, from a RELIABLE source, please share it with the rest of us.
    Actually no I wanted to find out what americans thought of whether it was likely or not. Trump does at times seem to be inciting people to resort to violence if he loses.

Donald Trump: 'I will totally accept' election results 'if I win'
    Donald Trump: 'I will totally accept' election results 'if i win' - CNNPolitics.com

OK he's qualified what he said but as I said earlier some of his supporters seem a bit on the loony side.

Bear in mind I live in a country where people who want to own guns are generally viewed as unstable we donlt have large sections of the population that are heavily armed and spend their time watching conspiracies are us.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast