+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Second marriage...

Local Date
    11-13-2019
    Local Time
    05:01 AM

Re: Second marriage...

Yeah im getting to the point now that i get a bit pissy when some bloke thinks i should 'change my ways' or i could do something a different way or better.
    I dont think like a submissive 20 year old anymore.

Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time
    10:01 AM

I think twice was enough for me. Ex #1 tried to kill me. Ex #2 stole from me. Lots of stories about fianc s, most of them bad.

Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time
    06:01 PM

I'm not sure whether I disapprove of families as a whole or just of marriage, but as for marriage itself I reckon it's an entirely negative concept from start to finish. It's part property and part slavery and anyone who wants a stable long-term relationship should avoid marriage like they'd avoid famine and war. Second marriages even more so, I'd have thought.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time
    01:01 PM

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    I'm not sure whether I disapprove of families as a whole or just of marriage, but as for marriage itself I reckon it's an entirely negative concept from start to finish. It's part property and part slavery and anyone who wants a stable long-term relationship should avoid marriage like they'd avoid famine and war. Second marriages even more so, I'd have thought.
    I had a great marriage. Many people do.

Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time

Then you are, I believe, in a small minority. I fully understand there are exceptions but they make a bad rule.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time
    12:01 PM

Then you are, I believe, in a small minority. I fully understand there are exceptions but they make a bad rule.
    The minority, I believe, is not THAT small. Of course, it took me three tries to find the right one, so what do I know.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time
    01:01 PM

Wow, you don't get out enough, hey? Or maybe you're just too hard to please. I know of so many great marriages -- partners who fulfill each other, help each other grow, have good laughs together. You're seeing as you believe it to be.

Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    You're seeing as you believe it to be.
    I think I could throw in divorce statistics as potentially supportive.

Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time
    12:01 PM

In the States, approximately 7 marriages per 1000 population take place each year.
    Approximately 3.5 Divorces per 1000 population
    So we can suppose that nearly half the marriages in the US are to some degree successful.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    In the States, approximately 7 marriages per 1000 population take place each year.
    Approximately 3.5 Divorces per 1000 population
    So we can suppose that nearly half the marriages in the US are to some degree successful.
    That doesn't follow at all. If you take a system which starts ON and then cycles through OFF to ON again, a lot will be ON when one party to a marriage dies but nothing implies that particular marriage was any different to all the preceding ones which ended in OFF through divorce.

The average British marriage which ends in divorce lasts just 11 years and six months. I bet the US has a similar figure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast