Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Second marriage...

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time
    11:04 PM

Re: Second marriage...

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    I think I could throw in divorce statistics as potentially supportive.
    So can I...............

The Truth About The Divorce Rate Is Surprisingly Optimistic

"We’ve all heard that 50 percent of marriages in the U.S. end in divorce.

And while that disheartening stat continues to get tossed around, the divorce rate isn’t really at 50 percent — and it isn’t rising either. In fact, a new piece in the New York Times’ data blog Upshot suggests that the divorce rate has actually been dropping for some time now. Looking at the numbers, the Times suggests the high divorce rate of the late 1970s and early 1980s may have just been a “historical anomaly,” rather than a trend.

Below, a few of the most interesting tidbits from the Times:

About 70 percent of marriages that began in the 1990s reached their 15th anniversary, up from roughly 65 percent of those that began in the 1970s and 1980s. And couples who wed in the 2000s are divorcing at even lower rates."
    The Truth About The Divorce Rate Is Surprisingly Optimistic | The Huffington Post

People who marry & remarry & remarry interest me. It used to be that only celebrities had multiple marriages, then it filtered down to the general public. Maybe we're just immature these days, fickle and looking for something that doesn't exist or some other psychological reason. Not speaking of abusive or cheating situations, of course.

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time
    10:04 PM

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    I had a great marriage. Many people do.
    I've been married for over 37 years. We have a great time and actually enjoy each other. Neither of us has ever tried to change or control each other. We both do what we want when we want as long as it doesn't interfere with family obligations. My wife also works part time for me doing my books.

Local Date
    03-29-2020
    Local Time
    03:04 AM

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    Looking at the numbers, the Times suggests the high divorce rate of the late 1970s and early 1980s may have just been a “historical anomaly,” rather than a trend.

It's a historical anomaly because many people now have stable relationships without marriage, and back in the 70s and 80s that was far less pervasive. The corrosive to relationships is being married, not being in a relationship - exceptions agreed.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time
    11:04 PM

Quote Originally Posted by YZGI View Post
    I've been married for over 37 years. We have a great time and actually enjoy each other. Neither of us has ever tried to change or control each other. We both do what we want when we want as long as it doesn't interfere with family obligations. My wife also works part time for me doing my books.
    Don't tell spot.

Local Date
    03-29-2020
    Local Time
    02:04 PM

Corrosive relationship because?????
    Dont mix romance and friendship wirh a protective economic contract.
    If humans havent figured out by now that relationahips have an unbalanced security level then they are nuts. Once upon a rime a man could take a wife .....(another human being, with brains, prospects,and a future) and do what ever pleased him.......that inbalance has been sliwly rectified.
    If this levelling out is seen as some kind if detriment to a relationshipthen bring it on. Its not about fickleness or boredom . Its about equality what ever a couple believes that ti be, but then turned upon.
    Feelings arent juat hurt, a human being is treated as a submissive, a worker and not nit paet of the management. Remember laws levellng our this imbalance are new, and people have to adjust.

Local Date
    03-29-2020
    Local Time

It's a damn sight easier just to reject the institution of marriage.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    03-29-2020
    Local Time
    04:04 AM

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    The corrosive to relationships is being married, not being in a relationship - exceptions agreed.
    You will have to explain why now.

A good relationship is good whether marriage is involved or not.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time
    08:04 PM

my folks have been married for 58 years.
    first marriage and only marriage for both of them.
    my grand parents married for 60 years,
    aunt and uncle 64
    my cousin 40 years
    all with their original partner.
    I come from hardy stock, or tolerant, or maybe oblivious
    lol on my mom's side of the family. 5 out of 7 of us have divorced and remarried.
    �You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�
    ― Mae West

Local Date
    03-29-2020
    Local Time

I have been married for 53 years and fully intend to attain diamond wedding status of 60 years and hopefully more ! I suppose the staying together thing has run in the family as my older brother never found any examples of divorce or separation when he was deeply involved with genealogy - such a fascinating and time consuming 'hobby'. He did, however, find a certain amount of criminality over 150 years ago and further back
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

Local Date
    03-29-2020
    Local Time
    02:04 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by G#Gill View Post
    I have been married for 53 years and fully intend to attain diamond wedding status of 60 years and hopefully more ! I suppose the staying together thing has run in the family as my older brother never found any examples of divorce or separation when he was deeply involved with genealogy - such a fascinating and time consuming 'hobby'. He did, however, find a certain amount of criminality over 150 years ago and further back
    Hee hee, i think i know why they stayed married. Lol. "If you divorce me ill tell the coppers what you did." Lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast