Thread: Yet another Trump thread

Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time
    03:42 AM

Re: Yet another Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    How about toddlers ?

Ban em, build walls around their cribs.....send em back.

Listening to you and Guppers makes me shudder fearful for the future of your country.
    My Grandma Rose always read what was then "The Daily Forward"--in Yiddish!

Yes, you have a beautiful daughter & grandchild here -- + Me & Lars! Love you, Bruv.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by cars View Post
    Law Enforcement Officers (LEO's) in the USA have a thankless "dangerous" job!
    And they really don't get paid enough risking getting killed every day that they go to work!

20 USA LEO's were murdered in ambush style attacks this year alone. 20!

They were killed just because they were cops.

So far this year, 137 USA LEO's have been killed in the line of duty! 137!
    Any Idea what percentage of LEO that is?

Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time
    08:42 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Come to that, any idea what percentage it is of the total number of homicides?

Premium Member
    Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Mawr View Post
    Come to that, any idea what percentage it is of the total number of homicides?
    The problem getting that answer is that those statistics are voluntary, believe it or not.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time

Emphasis mine
    The long-term trend is a decline, not only in the murder rates per population, but the total number of murders in the cities Obama mentioned, and nationwide. The same goes for violent crime. Trump was referring to a recent year-over-year increase in murders in some cities.
    For example, the number of murders in Dallas peaked at 500 in 1991, but dropped to nearly half that (231) in 2000, according to data from the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting Statistics, which is based on voluntary reporting by local police departments. By 2012, the number had dropped further, to 154. That’s not adjusted for population — it’s the sheer numbers of murders and nonnegligent manslaughter reported.
    So, the number of murders in Dallas went from 500 in 1991 to 154 in 2012, a decrease of 70 percent. The murder rate, offenses per 100,000 in population, dropped from 48.6 to 12.4 in that same time frame, a 74 percent decrease.
    Dueling Claims on Crime Trend - FactCheck.org

Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time
    02:42 AM

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    You said you started carrying because a local man was killed by strangers. Crime may be more rampant in places, but it is also random. There are people in inner cities who were never crime victims. There are rural people who were viciously killed. Don't deny we have the largest crime problems of any nation on earth, because it's true. That does not mean we walk in fear or are fated to meet with crime. Just means our chances are better than Bryn's. You know it, that's why you carry.
    When I was very young my mom worked nights. One night leaving work was beaten. Dad bought her a gun to carry.

When I met my wife she had a demonized Saturday night special.
    She bought it because that was all she could afford, sitting at bus stops to get to work.

First time I carried a concealed gun was to visit my brother who lived in a very dangerous neighborhood. It always amazed me that I had to run the risk of getting killed or arrested.

Open carry of an unloaded gun in CA used to be legal. I didn't make it a habit, but on occasion when traveling long distance would throw one on the dashboard.

Moving to Kansas we brought guns for the home. I very rarely openly carried a gun, but as soon as I could when it became legal I got me a conceal carry license. The wife soon afterward got one. Her delay was she wanted to practice some shooing skill just to show off.

Kansas now like one of 12 states which are considered Constitutional Carry

It is a civil right just like speech, press, , , ,

Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time
    09:42 AM

Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    When I was very young my mom worked nights. One night leaving work was beaten. Dad bought her a gun to carry.

She bought it because that was all she could afford, sitting at bus stops to get to work.

First time I carried a concealed gun was to visit my brother who lived in a very dangerous neighborhood. It always amazed me that I had to run the risk of getting killed or arrested.

Open carry of an unloaded gun in CA used to be legal. I didn't make it a habit, but on occasion when traveling long distance would throw one on the dashboard.

Moving to Kansas we brought guns for the home. I very rarely openly carried a gun, but as soon as I could when it became legal I got me a conceal carry license. The wife soon afterward got one. Her delay was she wanted to practice some shooing skill just to show off.

Chilling
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post

I carry with me. Especially when I was working nights. Always had my gun in my jeep. Better safe than sorry.

Winter months-Florida, Summer months- New England
    Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time
    05:42 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Actually, percentage not relevant, even one LEO killed just because they are a LEO, is one too many!

LEO's have to go to work every day knowing they are at risk of being ambushed, and or shot in the line of duty, just like the military in war zones.

I would not be a happy camper (would you?) having to go to work every day thinking I may be a target! Has to be nerve racking, and make them somewhat jittery!
    Cars
    <"LIFE is SHORT, Make the most of it!!!" GET OUTTA HERE!>
    <Love living Large!>
    <Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!>

Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time
    08:42 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by cars View Post
    Actually, percentage not relevant, even one LEO killed just because they are a LEO, is one too many!

LEO's have to go to work every day knowing they are at risk of being ambushed, and or shot in the line of duty, just like the military in war zones.

I would not be a happy camper (would you?) having to go to work every day thinking I may be a target! Has to be nerve racking, and make them somewhat jittery!
    Just not true!

If, in order to prevent that LEO being killed the police shoot a hundred innocent people because "they're afraid that they were about to be shot at" which appears to be the usual explanation then it is not acceptable.

IMHO, even one death of an innocent citizen is one too many - the police at paid to be at risk and they are paid to protect citizens, not shoot them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast