Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Particle Drift?

Premium Member
    Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time
    04:01 AM

Particle Drift?

I'm not certain that's what it was called.

A few years back I read a [strike]theory[/strike] hypothesis that goes something like this:

If there are parallel Universes, then it could be reasonable to assume that the unfolding of each Universe would be pretty much copies of the first one. Which means you exist in each universe, only the time would vary.

All living things are made up of particles, and particles contain information about the organism they come from.

When an organism dies some of the particles release from the body. Some, or perhaps many of the particles are capable of entering into other universes. Some find the copy of the organism they came from and the information the particle possesses passes onto the organism's copy.

This could account for many of what we consider mysteries, or to what some attribute to a higher power. For example, this could account for deja vu, or say, inexplicably knowing something was going to happen before it did. It could also be why some believe in a soul.

It's assumed that the particles don't have any defined purpose in doing what they do, but that this process is merely a part of what life is and does.

Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time
    09:01 AM

Re: Particle Drift?

I will award you an unlimited budget and set up a new department at Harvard to research on your behalf.

In exchange, you have to present the thread with a proposal on how your new department will test whether this mechanism exists in the real world.

Where would you like to start.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Premium Member
    Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    I will award you an unlimited budget and set up a new department at Harvard to research on your behalf.

In exchange, you have to present the thread with a proposal on how your new department will test whether this mechanism exists in the real world.

Where would you like to start.
    I don't know if I can do that.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time

I don't think we don't know whether or not there are parallel universes, so rather than looking for particles departing our universe we'd need to identify the incoming particles and somehow distinguish them from the departing particles. Since the organisms are dead it's doubtful we'd find incoming particles to a dead organism, we should however find particles, if detectable, exiting the body.

Do you have a method for detecting these kinds of particles?

Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time
    10:01 AM

Sorry......................I lost interest shortly after the first "If"..............it was the "could be reasonable to assume" part that did it.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Premium Member
    Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time

Okay. So it's not a theory. Can we call it a hypothesis though? Or am I forced to go with hunch?

Premium Member
    Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    Sorry......................I lost interest shortly after the first "If"..............it was the "could be reasonable to assume" part that did it.
    Pity. You were the one sacred catch too.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time

As it turns out it is a theory of Robert Lanza's called Biocentrism.

Biocentrism / Robert Lanza’s Theory of Everything

As far as I can tell, Lanza is not known as any type of wack-a-doodle either.

Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time
    02:01 AM

Well, any argument that starts with a reference to the general assumption of a flat earth in the 15th century loses me fairly quickly.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    12-12-2019
    Local Time
    03:01 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    I'm not certain that's what it was called.

A few years back I read a [strike]theory[/strike] hypothesis that goes something like this:

If there are parallel Universes, then it could be reasonable to assume that the unfolding of each Universe would be pretty much copies of the first one. Which means you exist in each universe, only the time would vary.

All living things are made up of particles, and particles contain information about the organism they come from.

When an organism dies some of the particles release from the body. Some, or perhaps many of the particles are capable of entering into other universes. Some find the copy of the organism they came from and the information the particle possesses passes onto the organism's copy.

This could account for many of what we consider mysteries, or to what some attribute to a higher power. For example, this could account for deja vu, or say, inexplicably knowing something was going to happen before it did. It could also be why some believe in a soul.

It's assumed that the particles don't have any defined purpose in doing what they do, but that this process is merely a part of what life is and does.
    It could also explain the so called "Mandela effect"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast