+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trump is now going after Vaccines

Local Date
    01-22-2020
    Local Time
    06:49 AM

Re: Trump is now going after Vaccines

We've seen a rise in the number of "Alternative News" outlets producing articles claiming all sorts of evidence that vaccinations have been irrefutably linked to Autism, and other interesting maladies.
    My granddaughter's child is severely autistic, and she is constantly looking for someone to blame for it.
    Not sure how laying blame helps, but this has become insane.
    “The reality we can put into words is never reality itself.”
    ― Werner Heisenberg
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth"
    - Rudy Giuliani

Premium Member
    Local Date
    01-22-2020
    Local Time
    08:49 AM

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    We've seen a rise in the number of "Alternative News" outlets producing articles claiming all sorts of evidence that vaccinations have been irrefutably linked to Autism, and other interesting maladies.
    My granddaughter's child is severely autistic, and she is constantly looking for someone to blame for it.
    Not sure how laying blame helps, but this has become insane.
    How old is the child? What is it that has become insane?

Local Date
    01-22-2020
    Local Time
    07:49 AM

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    He has also now set his sights on the section in US Code that that prohibits all 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations from endorsing or opposing political candidates.

Apparently he is now offering Jerry Falwell a lead seat on the Government's Education Task force.

He is working to close the gap between Church and State.

This has to stop.
    That would open the door for everybody, not just for religious organizations.

Would that be a good thing?

I just don't know.

I suspect it would be used by scammers in a big way.
    “The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
    Gang aft agley.
    An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
    For promis'd joy!

Local Date
    01-22-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    How old is the child? What is it that has become insane?
    The boy is now six, and they have not made much progress with him. He is in there. You can tell on the rare occasion that he makes eye contact. But they have yet to figure out how to get through to him.

What is insane is how people seem to jump at any hint that vaccines have caused Autistic behavior, and lock onto that notion, and even the remotest hint that it could be true. Vaccines are not the only thing in which this behavior manifests itself, but it is currently the most immediate that I am seeing.
    ― Werner Heisenberg
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth"
    - Rudy Giuliani

Premium Member
    Local Date
    01-22-2020
    Local Time

Please don't take this as any kind of insult or attack.

A common error people make when dealing with "autistic" children is to think that they are something or someone different than what they are. That's the trap. His brain is his brain and what you see is him at six years of age. That's the first step in dealing with people like him. His brain probably has not finished developing. Brain growth and development doesn't stop until mid-twenties in most people. His might have started out smaller or less developed than many others and growth may arrest sooner than average, but give it time and just love him through it and understand that there's a good possibility that standard or traditional settings might not be the best for him.

Local Date
    01-22-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Please don't take this as any kind of insult or attack.

A common error people make when dealing with "autistic" children is to think that they are something or someone different than what they are. That's the trap. His brain is his brain and what you see is him at six years of age. That's the first step in dealing with people like him. His brain probably has not finished developing. Brain growth and development doesn't stop until mid-twenties in most people. His might have started out smaller or less developed than many others and growth may arrest sooner than average, but give it time and just love him through it and understand that there's a good possibility that standard or traditional settings might not be the best for him.
    That's all well and good, but this boy is big, and strong, and pretty much self-directed. I've watched him a few times when he has been around. You can tell that he has extreme sensitivity to noise and activity. and his parents are very high-strung. He reacts to all of the noise and to their moods, and actions, but his main drive seems to be to find a place where they are not. He actually reminds me of a person high on psychoactive drugs, like LSD or the related stuff.

They are in another part of the country, so we don't see much of him.
    ― Werner Heisenberg
    - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth"
    - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    01-22-2020
    Local Time

I read The Atlantic article and I don't see where where it says that he's anti-vaccine, in fact Robert Kennedy even stated that President Trump is pro-vaccine. What I got out of the article was that he's aware of concerns regarding a possible connection between vaccines and autism and he wants to form a commission to investigate further. Anytime someone wants to take a closer look at medical community practices it's okay with me. We all know that vaccines are vital for personal and public health but a periodic review of any policy is always to our advantage.

Local Date
    01-22-2020
    Local Time
    02:49 PM

Quote Originally Posted by tabby View Post
    I read The Atlantic article and I don't see where where it says that he's anti-vaccine,
    From the article "Even before he entered politics, Trump said he believed vaccines cause autism."
    And he is quoted as saying from the Sun Sentinal

“When I was growing up, autism wasn't really a factor…And now all of a sudden, it's an epidemic. Everybody has their theory. My theory, and I study it because I have young children, my theory is the shots. We've giving these massive injections at one time, and I really think it does something to the children.”
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Local Date
    01-22-2020
    Local Time

That doesn't make him anti-vaccine in general, it only means he has concerns with the current generally accepted policy of how certain vaccines are being administered to small children. It may come to nothing but it may put some minds to rest.

Local Date
    01-22-2020
    Local Time
    01:49 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    I've got a niece and a nephew (who is also dyslexic) both of whom exhibit autistic traits the niece more than the nephew. Autism wasn't a factor because like dyslexia it wasn't recognised as being an actrual problem children were just stupid and badly behaved no one thought there was an actual illness. You still get teachers that tghibnk dyslexia is just an excuse for laziness or stupidity. Dyslexic childeren are often also highly intelligent they often cover up their inability to read by being disruptive.

Thwe study that seemed to suggest a causal link got massive puiblicity the rebuttals did not nor does the fact the researcher responsible was struck off for faking his research.

BBC News - MMR doctor struck off register

Nor does the harm not vaccinating costs

The US is in the middle of its biggest measles outbreak this year - ScienceAlert

Wonder how he will deal with the zifa virus. Should open up the debate about contrception and abortion a bit though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast