Thread: Trump is now going after Vaccines

Premium Member
    Local Date
    08-23-2019
    Local Time
    06:32 PM

Re: Trump is now going after Vaccines

Quote Originally Posted by Bruv View Post
    From the article "Even before he entered politics, Trump said he believed vaccines cause autism."
    And he is quoted as saying from the Sun Sentinal

“When I was growing up, autism wasn't really a factor…And now all of a sudden, it's an epidemic. Everybody has their theory. My theory, and I study it because I have young children, my theory is the shots. We've giving these massive injections at one time, and I really think it does something to the children.”
    When Donald Trump was growing up the label of "autism" wasn't applied as broadly as it is today and most of the people considered autistic were institutionalized as so the most obvious examples were not in public view.

Mutations don't always go in the direction we'd like them to. There is no such thing as an best-evolved species, that's wishful thinking. For all we know this is the direction evolution is taking.

Are we capable of usurping evolution if in fact what I've suggested is accurate? We're certainly trying to and only time will tell. The process never stops. Thinking it has because we're here is wrong. We're in God's image - Evolution doesn't have one.

Don't you now wish that there was a God? Unfortunately, there isn't.

Local Date
    08-23-2019
    Local Time

"Don't you now wish that there was a God? Unfortunately, there isn't."

Why Unfortunately?

Premium Member
    Local Date
    08-23-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    "Don't you now wish that there was a God? Unfortunately, there isn't."

Why Unfortunately?
    Because then there'd be someone to appeal to, someone to make everything right here and now. The afterlife is, of course, a bs promise, and would be cruel, which any true God couldn't be. Cruelty is strictly human.

Local Date
    08-23-2019
    Local Time
    10:32 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Cruelty is strictly human.
    Is it? I seem to remember seeing nature documentaries on social animals and bullying was fairly common (maintaining social status). I regard bullying as cruel...

I'm not sure I'm right on that. Does cruelty have a purpose?
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

Local Date
    08-23-2019
    Local Time
    04:32 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Clodhopper View Post
    Is it? I seem to remember seeing nature documentaries on social animals and bullying was fairly common (maintaining social status). I regard bullying as cruel...

Bullying actually seems to be common among primates. Chimpanzees have been recorded quite often exhibiting bullying behavior.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Premium Member
    Local Date
    08-23-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clodhopper View Post

I think it does for humans and that is what I meant. Being cruel to be cruel or to consciously and deliberately influence an outcome by manipulation through cruel intent. While bullying is ugly it may not be intentionally cruel as much as it might be an instinctual defense mechanism. Sophistication, I think, might have been invented to teach people as a substitute for bullying.

I recall when young our family dog having puppies. If there were more pups than nipples on the mother the runt would starve. That was instinct by the mother though it appeared cruel to me as a young boy, but someone explained it to me and I understood. We, of course, took care of the little pup ourselves.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3