+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The Perpetual Repository of Alternative Facts

Local Date
    01-19-2020
    Local Time
    11:34 AM

Re: The Perpetual Repository of Alternative Facts

He appears to have stood down as UKIP leader, that deranged lying fantasist Nuttall. Whether he cleaned up his Hillsborough claims first I've no idea.

The new chap is Henry Bolton and he sounds a bit Conservative. Who is new UKIP leader Henry Bolton? - BBC News
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    01-19-2020
    Local Time
    12:34 PM

Just like musical chairs.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

Local Date
    01-19-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    He appears to have stood down as UKIP leader, that deranged lying fantasist Nuttall. Whether he cleaned up his Hillsborough claims first I've no idea.
    I have an observation, if I may.

The phrase "I watched the events of that day unfold with horror" appears in only one other context on the Internet, and it's dated a year before Paul Nuttall's implosion.
    The man leading the review into the circumstances surrounding the death of Bailey Gwynne last night described the incident as a “dreadful tragedy that has moved an entire community.”

[...] Last night he told the Press and Journal he was “committed” to making sure the review was fair but added that much was still to be decided about its scope.

He said: “I want to convey my absolute determination to be independent and impartial in this review.

“I am from a different part of Scotland and am not connected to the north-east, although, like everyone, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp...bailey-gwynne/

That's my bolding, for emphasis. The article's dated March 2016. Nuttall's use is from June 2017.

Who used the phrase first?

The link between the two uses is that "Andrew Lowe, who has been intimately involved with high profile investigations across the UK including the Hillsborough disaster, was appointed yesterday to lead the independent multi-agency review" the article refers to.

Two Hillsborough sources, one text. And the one bit Paul Nuttall stands by as factual is that "From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror."

What's he doing now, out of interest? Anyone know?

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    01-19-2020
    Local Time

"Suspicious doesn't begin to describe what likely transpired this morning," said Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif, noting that it came as Japan's prime minister met Iran's supreme leader to discuss how to ease regional tensions.

Gulf of Oman tanker 'attacks': What we know
    And the idea that there's a country somewhere which just slapped both the Iranian and Japanese leaders? Or that the Japanese crew reported airborne projectiles and punctures above the waterline while "the US military alleged that Iranian limpet mines were responsible"? I'd say there's a lot of dust being thrown in the eyes of the paying public, that's what I'd say.

How about adding a bit more dust...

Pope warns oil bosses of climate threat - well there you are, it was his Holiness behind the explosions. He has a Jesuit commando unit for that, you know.

Or... Schoolchildren go on strike across world over climate crisis - see, it was Greta Thunberg's paramilitary wing.

I think I might have a red peaked cap made at the local print shop with "It's the Americans, stupid" in big white letters across the front, it will answer most crises.

Local Date
    01-19-2020
    Local Time

The President has put a Christmas present onto the Internet for anyone still doubting his sanity.

Remarks by President Trump at Turning Point USA Student Action Summit | West Palm Beach, FL Issued on: December 22, 2019

It's well worth the time. End to end, please.

The only question left is whether his audience is mocking or equally demented. I know which I find more credible.

At least America stopped killing foreigners on his watch. Net gain all round. Mad as a hatter is a big step up from unrestrained slaughter.

Local Date
    01-19-2020
    Local Time
    04:34 AM

The President has put a Christmas present onto the Internet for anyone still doubting his sanity.

Remarks by President Trump at Turning Point USA Student Action Summit | West Palm Beach, FL Issued on: December 22, 2019

It's well worth the time. End to end, please.

The only question left is whether his audience is mocking or equally demented. I know which I find more credible.

At least America stopped killing foreigners on his watch. Net gain all round. Mad as a hatter is a big step up from unrestrained slaughter.
    I tried reading that. I really did, but somewhere along the way, I suddenly found myself out in the field screaming. my wife says that I started rambling about the house muttering. She opened the door and I wandered outside.

I think I will forgo trying to read the rest of it.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    01-19-2020
    Local Time
    06:34 AM

The correct answer is equally demented.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    01-19-2020
    Local Time
    06:34 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    The correct answer is equally demented.
    My take is that they are more desperate than demented. Desperation causes one to be consumed by lies such as those that tRump tells. Whether those desperations are imagined or real makes little difference. tRump appeals to those desperations by selling his brand of snake oil, wrapped in fearmongering and misrepresenting of facts, or straight out lying. He knows as any seasoned marketer does, that all you have to do is keep saying it, and get just a few others to repeat it, and it will become a "truth" in the minds of desperate people. And then, since they've made it to the next day relatively unscathed, the lies as truths are reinforced.

Reading the text as far as I did, I was impressed at how well tRump does his bit. It sounds goofy to people who are not desperate, but he's good at what he does. He's what road people refer to as a Carnie, which means he's a Barker like people who work at carnivals or circuses do. He knows exactly what he's doing. But tRump is a one-trick-poney. He can't manage people, he can't multitask, and he can't keep his mouth closed for more than a few seconds. He imagines life as a carnival where he's barking good deals behind the curtain at and for everyone.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4