Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: A forum called godlessness , and with no Atheist support.

Local Date
    08-18-2019
    Local Time
    02:10 AM

Re: A forum called godlessness , and with no Atheist support.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
    Why not? I think Atheism is worth discussing, I think I understand as much of it as I do Theism. So many years Fourpart, I have discussed so many things; and you know many of those discussions I thought I knew what I was talking about; only to discover years later that I had no clue what I was talking about.
    You have not discussed many things whatsoever. The only thing I have ever seen you discussing is your belief in a God.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time
    09:10 PM

Though it's bit ironic, Mickey's got it right, and he's finally posting in the most appropriate forum for his "batsht crazy" ideas. Because there are no more godless people than those who profess they know an entity which they, in fact, know they don't, since the entity does not exist. The proof of their ungodly lying is the extent to which they will stretch and alter their description of reality in order to suit their lies that they sound and appear completely ridiculous. That these cult members get so caught up in their lies that they eventually either convince themselves or allow others to convince them that they are merely telling an alternative truth is inconsequential.

Enjoying your true home, Mickey?

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time
    06:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Though it's bit ironic, Mickey's got it right, and he's finally posting in the most appropriate forum for his "batsht crazy" ideas. Because there are no more godless people than those who profess they know an entity which they, in fact, know they don't, since the entity does not exist. The proof of their ungodly lying is the extent to which they will stretch and alter their description of reality in order to suit their lies that they sound and appear completely ridiculous. That these cult members get so caught up in their lies that they eventually either convince themselves or allow others to convince them that they are merely telling an alternative truth is inconsequential.

Enjoying your true home, Mickey?

I don't know God , but I think it would be quite something to know him. I personally hope he is real.

I think Atheism is real, and I think Theism is real. I think both causes one to think thoughts that are real and thoughts that can be confusing. If I was an Atheist , I think I would be like the Theist I am; constantly going through and through what I believe and don't believe.

I would not make a good Atheist, and I don't make a good Theist;

I'd best walk alone.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time
    09:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
    I don't know God , but I think it would be quite something to know him. I personally hope he is real.

I think Atheism is real, and I think Theism is real. I think both causes one to think thoughts that are real and thoughts that can be confusing. If I was an Atheist , I think I would be like the Theist I am; constantly going through and through what I believe and don't believe.

I would not make a good Atheist, and I don't make a good Theist;

I'd best walk alone.
    More irony! Thank you for proving my point, the point you fail to understand.

Local Date
    08-18-2019
    Local Time

You may as well start a thread specifically for people who do not believe in Fluffy Pink Flying Elephants. You are also likely to find some people, somewhere, who devoutly believe in them, who may want to put those who do not on an equal & opposite plane as them, but they are deluding themselves - as are you.

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

Let me make this as simple as I can. godlessness is only the shell that God decided to introduce reality to himself in. godlessness is an incubator, and it is also our birth bed.

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

Part of the problem for believers is that they have anthropomorphised attempts to come to grips with reality. He/She/It is not a being with arms legs etc. The divine does not walk around throug a garden like the gardener.

Local Date
    08-18-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Part of the problem for believers is that they have anthropomorphised attempts to come to grips with reality. He/She/It is not a being with arms legs etc. The divine does not walk around throug a garden like the gardener.
    Although, according to the literal believers, he is identical, seeing as he is said to have created Man in his own image. The obvious question, to me, would be why a God would need to have gender? Why, also, would he need arms, legs, lungs, etc, if he was about before the cration of the environment that all those aer required for? But it must all be true - the Bible says so.

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    Although, according to the literal believers, he is identical, seeing as he is said to have created Man in his own image. The obvious question, to me, would be why a God would need to have gender? Why, also, would he need arms, legs, lungs, etc, if he was about before the cration of the environment that all those aer required for? But it must all be true - the Bible says so.

Greetings,

If I may offer my speculation; humans being in " The Image" of God, does not mean he has a body like ours, it means that WE can think! WE, like him, have a working , living consciousness. The Image of God means consciousness , again this is my view; its what I see. What form God has is unknown, but with such power, one would think he can assume any type of form he wishes! The bible does give clues that he does have some kind of form,' he may well have some kind of shape or outer alignment, and that would then further suggest that it holds some kind of inner power which , again, would open all kinds of speculation as to what is " Inside of his outer glory!" Whatever is there, IF there is a " There", He reached inside of himself and from there came Jesus, his " Son." Which, again, highly suggest a birth of some kind.

It may well be where we got our views of a Birth, a parent kind of system in some kind of family structure. ? The heavenly may well reflect some things human that have been passed down into humanity, and from there our evolution began. The bible suggest that some " Spiritual beings" have faces like that of a human. Some may have a mixture of unknown things to us, but have a torso , legs and arms and hands. God himself may have a mixture of human like things, but he may not?? Its no great crime if he does. He may have a face, or faces; wings or arms , or none of the above;

we just don't know?

Local Date
    08-18-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    So now the unerring literal translation suddenly becomes speculation on interpretation? I think that proves my case.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast