Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 64

Thread: A forum called godlessness , and with no Atheist support.

  1. #41
    Senior Member Mickiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan
    Posts
    4,356
    Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    07:30 AM

    Re: A forum called godlessness , and with no Atheist support.

    Plastic Paul. Ive heard it all.

  2. #42
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    9,898
    Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    09:30 AM

    Re: A forum called godlessness , and with no Atheist support.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
    Plastic Paul. Ive heard it all.
    ?? What are you talking about?

  3. #43
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    9,898
    Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    09:30 AM

    Re: A forum called godlessness , and with no Atheist support.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
    I am what I am, and that is " Nothing!"
    What does this even mean?

    Does it mean that you're not an authority on anything and we should not take your word for anything you post because you choose to denigrate yourself by saying you're nothing?

    You're a person with a past and present who holds opinions based on factual instances of your existence.

    I understand that you may not feel comfortable with some decisions you've made in the past and can become mired in that. It happens to most if not all of us to some degree.

    One of the best pieces of advice I've read was from a now deceased wonderfully intellegent lady from another forum who said it's not worth beating yourself up over past transgressions because people just don't care to remember those instances in life. They move on and so should you. Forgive yourself and leave your mistakes behind like you probably have done for others who've offended you.

    Dr. Phil probably uses some sort of catchphrase that sounds like it belongs in a country & western song and means the same thing.

    Spot, OTOH, wants to keep it all memorialized here in FG, but so what - we all die, and most of us won't be remembered beyond a day or two by anyone other than those who actually love us. It's not like there's much scholarly information here to care reading about by anyone in the future. If they care that much about my life they probably need to get a life of their own anyway.

    The people who matter look past our faults and mistakes and love us anyway. And if that's not the case now, then permit yourself the opportunity to reestablish yourself in their eyes so they may prove to themselves that they possess to power and will to forgive and love too.

    That's what real men do and we don't need to hide behind any god, religion, spirituality or book to know how to do that. We just do it! You'll enjoy the journey!

    So get going, Mickey, you've got work to do. Quit the religious BS that has you convinced you're nothing and show yourself to be something to the people who matter and care.

    And be kind to (other) animals and insects too.

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gabriola Island BC
    Posts
    5,671
    Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    07:30 AM

    Re: A forum called godlessness , and with no Atheist support.

    That is certainly one man's opinion.

  5. #45
    Senior Member Mickiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan
    Posts
    4,356
    Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    07:30 AM

    Re: A forum called godlessness , and with no Atheist support.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    What does this even mean?

    Does it mean that you're not an authority on anything and we should not take your word for anything you post because you choose to denigrate yourself by saying you're nothing?

    You're a person with a past and present who holds opinions based on factual instances of your existence.

    I understand that you may not feel comfortable with some decisions you've made in the past and can become mired in that. It happens to most if not all of us to some degree.

    One of the best pieces of advice I've read was from a now deceased wonderfully intellegent lady from another forum who said it's not worth beating yourself up over past transgressions because people just don't care to remember those instances in life. They move on and so should you. Forgive yourself and leave your mistakes behind like you probably have done for others who've offended you.

    Dr. Phil probably uses some sort of catchphrase that sounds like it belongs in a country & western song and means the same thing.

    Spot, OTOH, wants to keep it all memorialized here in FG, but so what - we all die, and most of us won't be remembered beyond a day or two by anyone other than those who actually love us. It's not like there's much scholarly information here to care reading about by anyone in the future. If they care that much about my life they probably need to get a life of their own anyway.

    The people who matter look past our faults and mistakes and love us anyway. And if that's not the case now, then permit yourself the opportunity to reestablish yourself in their eyes so they may prove to themselves that they possess to power and will to forgive and love too.

    That's what real men do and we don't need to hide behind any god, religion, spirituality or book to know how to do that. We just do it! You'll enjoy the journey!

    So get going, Mickey, you've got work to do. Quit the religious BS that has you convinced you're nothing and show yourself to be something to the people who matter and care.

    And be kind to (other) animals and insects too.


    I'll be fine, thank you.

    But listen, I thank you for what you have offered , it touched me a bit and I can always use an uplifting voice here and there,

    Peace.

  6. #46
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    9,898
    Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    09:30 AM

    Re: A forum called godlessness , and with no Atheist support.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
    I'll be fine, thank you.
    When?

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gabriola Island BC
    Posts
    5,671
    Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    07:30 AM

    Re: A forum called godlessness , and with no Atheist support.

    The west has become a region of ""it's all about me" when in days gone by in many places it was about the community. Being responsible for more than your self in my view is very positive. It is certainly not about being selfish. My career and my involvement in the church was about helping others:charity work, soup kitchens for the poor, counselling, my donations to worthy causes. I do not see atheists in soup kitchens on a regular basis, No mention of atheism in places like the union gospel missionn,. This is not to say some don't help out but far too many become very evangelical atheists. I do not wear a tag that says Christian I simply do what I feel is just and right and full of compassion. I do know of several rebound scientists in their field who openly claim to be Christians. I have no problem with atheists or many Christians but I do have a problem with the evangelicals both atheist and Christian who are not interested in being part of the world wide community. I've been sworn at, condemned to hell, called names etc but by so called Christians and not by atheists. I prefer to follow my path and do what I think is the right thing to do. I do not wear a star or a cross indicating my path no do I proselytize my faith. I simply try to live it as do those of faith or no faith.

  8. #48
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    9,898
    Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    09:30 AM

    Re: A forum called godlessness , and with no Atheist support.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    The west has become a region of ""it's all about me" when in days gone by in many places it was about the community. Being responsible for more than your self in my view is very positive. It is certainly not about being selfish. My career and my involvement in the church was about helping others:charity work, soup kitchens for the poor, counselling, my donations to worthy causes. I do not see atheists in soup kitchens on a regular basis, No mention of atheism in places like the union gospel missionn,. This is not to say some don't help out but far too many become very evangelical atheists. I do not wear a tag that says Christian I simply do what I feel is just and right and full of compassion. I do know of several rebound scientists in their field who openly claim to be Christians. I have no problem with atheists or many Christians but I do have a problem with the evangelicals both atheist and Christian who are not interested in being part of the world wide community. I've been sworn at, condemned to hell, called names etc but by so called Christians and not by atheists. I prefer to follow my path and do what I think is the right thing to do. I do not wear a star or a cross indicating my path no do I proselytize my faith. I simply try to live it as do those of faith or no faith.
    Seriously, Ted, this is getting worn out. You write these sorts of posts whenever you run out of the other tired and worn out babble you type. Always trying to justify your silly spirituality by claiming to be a moral and kind person. It's a cycle with you. I'm sure you're a nice person, Ted. Just quit trying to reassure us of it. Have you considered therapy?

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gabriola Island BC
    Posts
    5,671
    Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    07:30 AM

    Re: A forum called godlessness , and with no Atheist support.

    Ahso I will not dignify that by making any comment other than You really don't know and don't understand.

  10. #50
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    9,898
    Local Date
    11-17-2019
    Local Time
    09:30 AM

    Re: A forum called godlessness , and with no Atheist support.

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Ahso I will not dignify that by making any comment.
    No? What is it then that I'm now replying to? You waited for LM to come to your defense and he didn't so now you're resorting to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    You really don't know and understand.
    You're right, I don't. I've given you plenty of opportunities to explain all this ridiculousness to me, but you can't. What you do is post reading assignments and try to talk over my head, but you can't, and I'm not following you down any rabbit holes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts