Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: A forum called godlessness , and with no Atheist support.

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time
    12:42 PM

Re: A forum called godlessness , and with no Atheist support.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    When?

That I don't know.

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

No? What is it then that I'm now replying to? You waited for LM to come to your defense and he didn't so now you're resorting to this. You're right, I don't. I've given you plenty of opportunities to explain all this ridiculousness to me, but you can't. What you do is post reading assignments and try to talk over my head, but you can't, and I'm not following you down any rabbit holes.

Its not easy to get Atheist support , because they impeach all of your explanations !

Premium Member
    Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time
    02:42 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
    That I don't know.
    So, your god isn't helping you feel like a complete person? How long is it that you've given this god of yours? Perhaps it's time to kick god to the curb and take matters into your own hands.

Unless, of course, you enjoy being abused and feeling sorry for yourself?

Premium Member
    Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

Its not easy to get Atheist support , because they impeach all of your explanations !
    They're pretty easy to impeach because they have no foundation or basis in reality. Why would you want "Atheist support" anyway?

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

Nonsense

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

So, your god isn't helping you feel like a complete person? How long is it that you've given this god of yours? Perhaps it's time to kick god to the curb and take matters into your own hands.

Unless, of course, you enjoy being abused and feeling sorry for yourself?

I already tried that; been there , done that! The way of man is not in himself. Jer. 10:23. Dig it!

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

They're pretty easy to impeach because they have no foundation or basis in reality. Why would you want "Atheist support" anyway?

I want to see what its like.

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time
    07:42 PM

Well, I'm an agnostic: I don't blooming know! It seems to me that the most likely thing is that when we die that's it, battery has run down, lights out. Not so bad.

My impression of Ted is that he is trying to live like the early church fathers, living a religious life in the world. A friar, perhaps, were he a Catholic type? But he's moved beyond one religion to seek the roots of true religion? There's a lot in common between the major world religions. I respect his position - even seeing it in somewhat romantic terms as a quest for a Holy Grail. Perhaps I am reading too much into it all.

In contrast I don't have much time for literalists and those who look to force their beliefs on others. Particularly when used to oppress women and Christianity has a dreadful track record on that. When religion is used to oppose action on climate change, or tries to deny the evidence for evolution, or claims the Earth is the centre of the Universe and everything else moves round it, then it is not religion, it is delusion.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

Premium Member
    Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

I want to see what its like.
    You're seeing it from one atheist.

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clodhopper View Post
    Well, I'm an agnostic: I don't blooming know! It seems to me that the most likely thing is that when we die that's it, battery has run down, lights out. Not so bad.

My impression of Ted is that he is trying to live like the early church fathers, living a religious life in the world. A friar, perhaps, were he a Catholic type? But he's moved beyond one religion to seek the roots of true religion? There's a lot in common between the major world religions. I respect his position - even seeing it in somewhat romantic terms as a quest for a Holy Grail. Perhaps I am reading too much into it all.

In contrast I don't have much time for literalists and those who look to force their beliefs on others. Particularly when used to oppress women and Christianity has a dreadful track record on that. When religion is used to oppose action on climate change, or tries to deny the evidence for evolution, or claims the Earth is the centre of the Universe and everything else moves round it, then it is not religion, it is delusion.

I think most of religions are diluted with many useless things. But I grow tired of Atheist using that as an excuse for their unbelief. An Atheist is an Atheist, only because their supposed to be! We are what were supposed to be. No one is responsible for my beliefs, but me! I hold no need to blame Atheist , or anyone else.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast