Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Local Date
    02-16-2020
    Local Time
    02:47 PM

Re: Game of Thrones

Hi,
    it's really strange, I'm a huge fantasy and sci fi fan but I actually never watched got. can I still get on or is it already way too much to catch up. I have to feeling I would have to watch for years!

Local Date
    02-16-2020
    Local Time
    10:47 PM

I never watched this show. Maybe if it comes round again, I might.
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

Local Date
    02-16-2020
    Local Time
    05:47 PM

I loved this program and I'm sorry it ended even though I know it had to end sometime. We didn't begin watching it until about 2 years ago when I finally decided to give it a go and purchased Season 1 on DVD. We were hooked! That purchase was rapidly followed by all remaining seasons which at the time only went up to Season 7. After finishing all seven seasons, we started watching it again in phases and I think I'm enjoying it even more the second time around.

I haven't seen Season 8 although I know how it ends but I'm saving the actual viewing until we finish the previous seasons again.

Many of the characters sought redemption in one way or another. It was a good ending for some. Others not so much.

My favorite characters were Jorah Mormont, The Hound & Bronn. All for different reasons.

Ramsey Bolton actually made me lose sleep.

The show is one of the finest productions I've ever seen on television and the casting was perfect. Great acting on all parts!

Local Date
    02-16-2020
    Local Time
    10:47 PM

Quote Originally Posted by tabby View Post
    I loved this program and I'm sorry it ended even though I know it had to end sometime. We didn't begin watching it until about 2 years ago when I finally decided to give it a go and purchased Season 1 on DVD. We were hooked! That purchase was rapidly followed by all remaining seasons which at the time only went up to Season 7. After finishing all seven seasons, we started watching it again in phases and I think I'm enjoying it even more the second time around.

I haven't seen Season 8 although I know how it ends but I'm saving the actual viewing until we finish the previous seasons again.

Many of the characters sought redemption in one way or another. It was a good ending for some. Others not so much.

My favorite characters were Jorah Mormont, The Hound & Bronn. All for different reasons.

Ramsey Bolton actually made me lose sleep.

The show is one of the finest productions I've ever seen on television and the casting was perfect. Great acting on all parts!
    I haven’t watched the programs but I have read all of the books through to season seven.

I understand that the book and the programs diverge but will rejoin in series eight.

Excellent, when I’ve read the last book I’ll watch the dvds, I can’t wait :-)

Premium Member
    Local Date
    02-16-2020
    Local Time

I rarely watch anything a second time, but GoT will undoubtedly be one of the exceptions. I'm just not sure when.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    02-16-2020
    Local Time
    03:47 PM

I read the books, and then held off on watching the series, waiting for Mr Martin to finish the books.
    When it became clear that he was not going to finish, at least in my lifetime, I gave in and started watching the series. It had its moments.
    Though, the final season, it seemed that the production started getting sloppy, as they were just trying to wrap it up before all the actors aged out.

All in all, it was a good entertainment piece. I think that I want to watch it again, or maybe just a few episodes that I missed along the way.
    I still say that Little Finger got off too easy. Maybe the same with Cersei.

I must have missed something with the Ice King fellow. I never really got the point of him and his cronies.
    And Cersei must have figured out right off the bat that those critters would never make it down to King's Landing. Winter never seemed to go that far south.
    “The reality we can put into words is never reality itself.”
    ― Werner Heisenberg
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth"
    - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    02-16-2020
    Local Time

I have a friend who tried reading the first book of the series several years ago and she said she had a hard time keeping all of the myriad of character names straight. Eventually she gave up and didn't finish it. I don't know if that is a typical response or not but I decided about a year ago to purchase the first book but I just haven't gotten around to it yet!

I agree about Little Finger but I hated to see him die because he was such a great villain in a cold, calculating and clever way. Ethics was definitely not his middle name! I felt the same way about Tywin Lannister.

Local Date
    02-16-2020
    Local Time

Here's a funny Youtube clip with the beautiful Carice Van Houton as Melisandre:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5C6kG57J7Q

Local Date
    02-16-2020
    Local Time
    03:47 PM

Oh. yes. the first book was quite the chore. Trying to keep up with the growing list of characters, and who was doing what, and to whom it was being done. Argh!

I would still love to see George actually complete the book series, though, as I dearly love books for telling a good story.
    “The reality we can put into words is never reality itself.”
    ― Werner Heisenberg
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth"
    - Rudy Giuliani

Premium Member
    Local Date
    02-16-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    I started watching this again. I guess I'd forgotten how much nudity and sex is depicted. Geeze! That dude King Joffrey is a real ass.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast