Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Early warning signs of fascism.

Local Date
    11-15-2019
    Local Time
    11:04 AM

Re: Early warning signs of fascism.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Aspam View Post
    BULLETIN: Noon D.C. time: CBS reports that impeachment proceedings against Trump have begun.

There will, no doubt, be much more information on the evening news.
    We must live in different universes.
    I see nothing of the sort on any of the news wires.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Premium Member
    Local Date
    11-15-2019
    Local Time
    01:04 PM

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    It's just political jockeying.

https://www.google.com/search?q=BULL...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Local Date
    11-15-2019
    Local Time
    12:04 PM

Well, I definitely heard it, no details were given, I suggest watching tonight's network news, CBS or otherwise.

Local Date
    11-15-2019
    Local Time

Found this.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rep-ste...against-trump/

A representative introducing a bill to file article of Impeachment isn't quite to the point of impeachment proceedings, yet.
    The bill needs to go through committees and be voted on by the assembly before any proceedings can take place.

Do you have any idea how many times a representative introduced a bill to file an article of impeachment against President Obama while he was in office?

With a Republican Majority, Mr Cohen's bill will likely die a quiet death in some forgotten committee.

Wake me up when a Republican files such a bill.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers

Local Date
    11-15-2019
    Local Time

Found this.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rep-ste...against-trump/

A representative introducing a bill to file article of Impeachment isn't quite to the point of impeachment proceedings, yet.
    The bill needs to go through committees and be voted on by the assembly before any proceedings can take place.

Do you have any idea how many times a representative introduced a bill to file an article of impeachment against President Obama while he was in office?

With a Republican Majority, Mr Cohen's bill will likely die a quiet death in some forgotten committee.

Wake me up when a Republican files such a bill.
    OK to all that. I only said that CBS made the comment at noon DC time.

You can also google trump impeachment for lots of other info.

Local Date
    11-15-2019
    Local Time

OK to all that. I only said that CBS made the comment at noon DC time.

You can also google trump impeachment for lots of other info.
    Well, what you 'said' was:

BULLETIN: Noon D.C. time: CBS reports that impeachment proceedings against Trump have begun.

There will, no doubt, be much more information on the evening news.

If CBS actually said that proceedings have begun, they were misinformed, and have since corrected their report.

I suspect that you may have misunderstood what they actually announced. It is easy to do in today's environment. Part of why I pay very little attention to broadcast media, any more.
    In their haste to be the first one to say it, they often get it wrong.

Local Date
    11-15-2019
    Local Time

If CBS actually said that proceedings have begun, they were misinformed, and have since corrected their report.

I suspect that you may have misunderstood what they actually announced. It is easy to do in today's environment. Part of why I pay very little attention to broadcast media, any more. In their haste to be the first one to say it, they often get it wrong.
    I think you are splitting hairs here, for what purpose I know not.

Today's Washington Post reads:"House Dems introduce impeachment articles against Trump."

That sure sounds like proceedings having begun to me.

Local Date
    11-15-2019
    Local Time

Today's Washington Post reads:"House Dems introduce impeachment articles against Trump."

Well, simply put, until the House actually votes on bringing charges, the proceedings (Which are held by the Senate) cannot begin.

Local Date
    11-15-2019
    Local Time
    06:04 PM

Well first of all, there are two "lists" in this thread, similar but not identical.

The first MAY BE from the Holocaust Museum as gmc claims.The second seems to be roughly based on the first with some twists, paraphrases and additions.

But I don't understand the 'reminder'. If I understand you correctly, you are just reinforcing my point - that many non-Americans seem ignorant, or perhaps misinformed - as to how the American government works.

A tyrant or dictatorship in the USA is virtually impossible. Of course it is possible to call names, that is in most cases mere political babble, as I remarked earlier.
    Bloody cheek what do you mean it MAY be from the holocaust museum I am not in the habit of claiming something unless I can back it up. Check it out you numpty. The signs would be recognised by anyone with a basic knowledge of 20th century history you kind of reinforce the comment that most americans would not recognise a fascist if they met one you seem to be unable to be objective about it and discuss preferring to instead get hung up on the huffington post article and the minor differences as if that spmehow makes them invalid.

I think you're right hopefully the checks and balances in your political system will work to prevent it but that doesn't mean there won't be a very real attempt to create a fascist state and fascism does not need a dictator to lead it it's something you sleepwalk in to. As to what will happen in the future I rteally have no idea. We've left behind the days when newspapers and television could shape people's opinions and affect the way they vote and there's a lot more information on tap but even you don't bother checking out the veracity of what's been posted in this thead.

I know brexiteers who just completely ignore any facts that conflict with what they want to believe other than that they are quite normal people, not stupid in any way.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    11-15-2019
    Local Time
    01:04 PM

Register to remove this ad.

It's a total of 5 house democrats. The Washington Post is a sensationalist propaganda rag.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast