+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Outrage in Germany

Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time
    12:28 AM

Re: Outrage in Germany

I know the one. Horrible but there are always survivors and they breed like... rabbits.

It's happening all over, too. Lionfish in the wrong place killing everything, American terrapin and mink in our waterways and countryside, I think they are worried they are getting Anaconda or something in the Everglades and that's just off the top of my head.

I don't have any answers

Myxomatosis.

edit:...um, lol
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time

Native species should be left alone. It is introduced species that are the problem as it upsets the ecological balance - and that applies to plant life as well.

I, too have little objection to hunting when the prey is to be eaten. However, trophy & blood sport hunting is barbaric & has no place in a civilised world.

As far as the EU rules of milk entering the EU dairy market - no problem there for much longer, especially as we import far more than we export anyway. By cutting down on the imports there will be more of a demand for home produce, which won't be subject to EU rules. It has also been shown that innoculation has absolutely no detrimental effects to milk as this is pasteurised & meat is cooked. We should not be bound to erradicate an already endangered species in order to comply with some foreign bureaucratic regime.

Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time

Assuming there's anything much left after your brexit ministers have finished. Looks to me that Davis knows he lost the first stage of negotiations, didn't score a single point and is now trying to claim he's been very clever because it isn't legally enforceable.

The EU are saying it is fixed and final. We'll see what the final wording says and how the serious negotiations go. If we have to leave I want a workable deal and I don't think that grinning idiot Davis can deliver. Every time something happens he looks incompetent and now he appears to be claiming to be cleverly duplicitous as well. In public where the other side can hear and before the serious negotiations start. Clever?

Still, we get the government and ministers we all deserve. These are dregs.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time

If I might bring to the chamber's attention a report in this morning's Guardian, if I can find it...

Martino Gaudioso was said to have been shot dead by his son, aged 34, during a wild boar hunt in a densely wooded area of the Alburni mountains, near Salerno in Campania, on Saturday afternoon. The men were in an area that is off-limits to hunters.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...oar-say-police
    I'm wondering where to start my comment.

The killing, which comes two months after the death of another hunter, who accidentally shot himself in the head, prompted animal rights groups to renew their calls for a ban on hunting. The same calls were made in October last year after 20-year-old Marco Tosti was killed after being mistaken for a wild boar by his hunting companion.
    A ban on hunting will scarcely have an effect on "an area that is off-limits to hunters" now, will it. Let's be reasonable. These are people coming to a sticky end solely by reason of their going into the woods with a loaded rifle, it's one step less dangerous than lamping with children. If it gives people with loaded rifles a bad name then I'm all for it.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    05:28 PM

You guys are lucky to have only a boar problem. Due to the rainy season and absolutely NO natural predators...We have a skunk problem. Try going into the bushes after that one.

Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time

Lamping, while we're at it, is adequately described at https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news...head-1-2549362

I cannot imagine why people who shoot in the countryside after dark aren't given harsher sentences than drug dealers.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time

Thomas Alexander, 66, was hunting near the Ozark mountains when he shot the buck and watched it collapse.

Assuming the animal was dead, Mr Alexander went to check on the body - at which point the deer stood back up and attacked him.

He managed to call his wife, who rang the emergency services, but he was declared dead later in hospital.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50180755
    American legislators should urgently instruct the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission to more closely supervise animals within its reserves. The animals in their care are obviously dangerous and untrustworthy.

If the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission were to sedate them prior to the hunting season while tethering them to appropriately mature trees, visitors would no longer be subject to this sort of ambush while engaged in their preferred leisure pursuit.

It's not as if tethering and sedating them could be any less "sporting" then felling them with cordite from a safe distance, after all.

Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time

I note a French hunt has denied involvement by its dog pack in the ripping to death of a pregnant woman. I'll be interested to see what DNA evidence shows, once it's complete.

a notre connaissance, l’accident tragique qui est survenu n’a aucun rapport ni avec nos chiens, ni avec la chasse a courre.

[to our knowledge, the tragic accident that occurred has no relation neither with our dogs, nor with the hunt with hounds.]

https://www.lunion.fr/id110015/artic...-chasse-courre
    "To our knowledge", you'll observe. Not to the best of our knowledge. To our certain knowledge.

Picnic time for teddy bears, the little teddy bears are having a lovely time today. Watch them, catch them unawares and see them picnic on their holiday.

Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time
    01:28 AM

Lightbulb Re: Outrage in Germany

Register to remove this ad.
    We have wild boar just about everywhere here in Sweden. I was employed by the nature conservation branch of the forestry for several years and although boar are everywhere, actually spotting one is very rare. They shy away from humans very well and you'd have to be very cleverly seeking them out if you want the slightest chance of seeing them. My thought on the article is that this particular hunter was a poor shot and his biggest mistake was in leaving his position (from the first shot) and going into the reeds where he wouldn't have been able to spot the "wounded" (apparently) boar until it was right upon him. Too late. Wounded boar and those with young can be aggressive, other than that the chance of being attacked by one is just about noll.

Here is a close call:

https://jaktplay.se/video/vildsvinsattack/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3