Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Problem logging in

  1. #1
    Premium Member tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    4,063
    Local Date
    01-23-2020
    Local Time
    05:11 PM

    Problem logging in

    For some reason, I log in and am directed to the scene which wants me to log in. If I go the HOME tab I can view and write. I cannot use any tab like ONLINE USERS or respond to a thread using the "Reply With Quote"
    “The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
    Gang aft agley.
    An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
    For promis'd joy!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Bryn Mawr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    15,560
    Local Date
    01-23-2020
    Local Time
    11:11 PM

    Re: Problem logging in

    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    For some reason, I log in and am directed to the scene which wants me to log in. If I go the HOME tab I can view and write. I cannot use any tab like ONLINE USERS or respond to a thread using the "Reply With Quote"
    Is this related to the problems described in :-

    Heads up, ForumGarden is going down for a half hour, on the hour

  3. #3
    Premium Member tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    4,063
    Local Date
    01-23-2020
    Local Time
    05:11 PM

    Re: Problem logging in

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Mawr View Post
    Is this related to the problems described in :-

    Heads up, ForumGarden is going down for a half hour, on the hour
    I don't know what is going on. To look at the main page it looks like I am not logged in but yet presently I seem to have full access to the site.

    I just now clicked in and can see everything like it should be. So I go back and forth between the two.
    “The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
    Gang aft agley.
    An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
    For promis'd joy!

  4. #4
    Premium Member tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    4,063
    Local Date
    01-23-2020
    Local Time
    05:11 PM

    Re: Problem logging in

    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    I don't know what is going on. To look at the main page it looks like I am not logged in but yet presently I seem to have full access to the site.

    I just now clicked in and can see everything like it should be. So I go back and forth between the two.
    Well, I just left and came back and everything is OK. Making me want to give up drinking.
    “The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
    Gang aft agley.
    An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
    For promis'd joy!

  5. #5
    Proudly humble LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    11,065
    Local Date
    01-23-2020
    Local Time
    04:11 PM

    Re: Problem logging in

    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    Well, I just left and came back and everything is OK. Making me want to give up drinking.

    if you don't log out when you leave it will look ok when you come back. check the "remember me" when you log in.
    If you log out, when you come back, you will see the same weirdness when you log back in.
    “The reality we can put into words is never reality itself.”
    ― Werner Heisenberg
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth"
    - Rudy Giuliani

  6. #6
    Premium Member tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    4,063
    Local Date
    01-23-2020
    Local Time
    05:11 PM

    Re: Problem logging in

    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    if you don't log out when you leave it will look ok when you come back. check the "remember me" when you log in.
    If you log out, when you come back, you will see the same weirdness when you log back in.
    I log in and it seems accepted, instantly I'm asked to log in. I did that an finally I have access and still not logged in?

    Now I am going to leave this site and come back.
    “The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
    Gang aft agley.
    An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
    For promis'd joy!

  7. #7
    Premium Member tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    4,063
    Local Date
    01-23-2020
    Local Time
    05:11 PM

    Re: Problem logging in

    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    if you don't log out when you leave it will look ok when you come back. check the "remember me" when you log in.
    If you log out, when you come back, you will see the same weirdness when you log back in.
    I posted a reply and now I am logged in, and I don't see the reply.

    I'll take your advice.

    Thank You
    “The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
    Gang aft agley.
    An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
    For promis'd joy!

  8. #8
    Proudly humble LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    11,065
    Local Date
    01-23-2020
    Local Time
    04:11 PM

    Re: Problem logging in

    I know I still see some wierd stuff going on.
    I select "New Posts" and select a thread, read it up to date, maybe even reply to it, and the click on "New Posts" again. and the same list of threads shows up and none of my updates are there.
    “The reality we can put into words is never reality itself.”
    ― Werner Heisenberg
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth"
    - Rudy Giuliani

  9. #9
    Senior Member Bruv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Kent..... South East England
    Posts
    12,178
    Local Date
    01-24-2020
    Local Time
    12:11 AM

    Re: Problem logging in

    Register to remove this ad.
    Refresh and the bold thread titles become light font, when they should have disappeared.
    I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts