+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Helsinki Summit

Local Date
    10-23-2019
    Local Time
    03:19 PM

Re: Helsinki Summit

Anne: Thank heavens for that. Honestly I was beginning to think that the US had made their Head of State above the rule of Law!

I asked what the US would do if it turns out the president was an asset of Putin. The silence is more telling than words likely would be.
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

Local Date
    10-23-2019
    Local Time
    11:19 AM

Same goes. Only way to get rid of a president is impeachment and conviction.

Local Date
    10-23-2019
    Local Time

Ok, so the President is successfully impeached and removed, let's say. We have the joys of President Pence...

What does the US do about Putin and his agents, interference in your elections and subversion of your institutions? Ignore the fact that the Russian President had a stooge running the US for his benefit?

Local Date
    10-23-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Clodhopper View Post
    What does the US do about Putin and his agents, interference in your elections and subversion of your institutions? Ignore the fact that the Russian President had a stooge running the US for his benefit?
    What do you suggest, a declaration of war? I know you're not, just kidding. Nothing will happen and it's not like we don't do the same in other nations. To protect further elections it is up to individual countries to sharpen their own game that it does not happen and/or that the effects will be exposed and lessened.

Local Date
    10-23-2019
    Local Time

Well, IF he is proved to be a Russian asset and he's been handing codes, information and details to Putin you'll need to completely reorganise your intelligence services. He's had 2 years and 6 face to face meetings plus a big red phone on his desk to pass sensitive material. Putin could get any information he wants. Any at all.

You're right, I'm not expecting a declaration of war but this was an attack on the scale of Pearl Harbor, imo. I'd be surprised if you did nothing to make people think carefully before trying it again. I hope we do something about interference in our Brexit vote but I'm concerned it's being covered up and ignored.

Local Date
    10-23-2019
    Local Time

Accusations must be proven. We have to wait for the Mueller report.

Local Date
    10-23-2019
    Local Time

Re: Helsinki Summit etc

It is now seriously alleged that Trump has suborned a witness to Congress. And we're still only fiddling round the edges here...

I wonder if his supporters have heard this yet? They'll call it fake news of course. I suppose in their minds, where he is saint Trump, agent of God, it will just confirm the size of the powers ranged against them.

Local Date
    10-23-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    ...and you are right about Mueller.

His intervention is fascinating but I don't know what it means. He said things about the report were not accurate but not what. I can't tell if he's redefining the probe to something less serious such as Putin felt Trump would be much better for him than Clinton and worked to that effect or not.

Trump might have hoped they were helping him: "Russia! If you're listening...!" but without ever personally contacting them in person.

Doesn't change the fact that he is active evil.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3