Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Trump Reneging On Charity Promise

Local Date
    10-20-2019
    Local Time
    03:32 AM

Re: Trump Reneging On Charity Promise

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Where do you get the idea that 'privilege' has anything at all to do with this discussion?
    OK, what do you call it when ones race as a deciding factor is considered when somebody wants to advance their career?

Gosh, it would be awful pleasin'
    To reason out the reason
    For things I can't explain

Premium Member
    Local Date
    10-20-2019
    Local Time
    04:32 AM

Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    OK, what do you call it when ones race as a deciding factor is considered when somebody wants to advance their career?
    You obviously call it 'privilege'. I can't make heads or tails of the question as it's posed. Would you like to try again?

The cartoon doesn't help either. They never do.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    10-20-2019
    Local Time
    01:32 AM

Seeing Tude Dogs U.S. Border Crossing - Has any one seen this Migrant Caravan marching through mexico on their way to the U.S. ?
    There are thousands expecting to cross into the U.S. @ 7-8 thousand.

I don't mean to high jack Ahso's thread. I just caught a portion of this Migrant Caravan on our noon news.
    Where's Trump - what on earth are we going to do with all these people? Again!!

Patsy

Local Date
    10-20-2019
    Local Time

You obviously call it 'privilege'. I can't make heads or tails of the question as it's posed. Would you like to try again?
    I see this is going nowhere, but I am bored.

Something to like Jim Crow? Same concept that is hard to beat.

The cartoon doesn't help either. They never do.
    Oh, that hurts.

To reason out the reason

Local Date
    10-20-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Patsy Warnick View Post
    Seeing Tude Dogs U.S. Border Crossing - Has any one seen this Migrant Caravan marching through mexico on their way to the U.S. ?

I don't mean to high jack Ahso's thread. I just caught a portion of this Migrant Caravan on our noon news.

Patsy
    The whole thing is about what one's DNA means concerning heritage.

To me such a concept is contrary to human value.
    To reason out the reason

Premium Member
    Local Date
    10-20-2019
    Local Time
    04:32 AM

I see this is going nowhere, but I am bored.
    Seriously, reread your question, it's senseless. Sorry, but all we have to use here are words (and cartoons for you). Learn how to put the words in an order that conveys a lucid thought or idea. That's all I'm asking for.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    10-20-2019
    Local Time
    02:32 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Patsy Warnick View Post

Patsy
    I think the number is somewhere around 4000, but even so, most of them will likely find something else to do along the way.
    We have a lot bigger problems in this country than a few thousand immigrants wandering through Mexico.
    But Trump and company would have you fretting over them than watching his gut the US economy.
    If you want to be really scared, you should probably go read the Reuters feed.

Correction: So, it's grown in the last day or so.
    https://apnews.com/999ba27e4c89481ab7cc4e5becdab987
    Still, a few thousand people in Mexico are a lot less of a threat than what is going on in the rest of the world, I think.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1MX0E7
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    10-20-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    I think the number is somewhere around 4000, but even so, most of them will likely find something else to do along the way.
    We have a lot bigger problems in this country than a few thousand immigrants wandering through Mexico.
    But Trump and company would have you fretting over them than watching his gut the US economy.
    If you want to be really scared, you should probably go read the Reuters feed.

Correction: So, it's grown in the last day or so.
    [url=https://apnews.com/999ba27e4c89481ab7cc4e5becdab987[/url]
    Still, a few thousand people in Mexico are a lot less of a threat than what is going on in the rest of the world, I think.
    Weary migrants still far from reaching US border

It is a real tear-jerker story, truly sad. By itself is more a story of how we have lost control of our own borders and nothing said about the cost to us citizens who pay for such uncontrolled relentless migration. A mob approaches, illegal immigration continues as usual.

OH, BTW, who first started those poor folk walking and just who are they?

Trump's missile treaty pullout could escalate tension with China

Another news story to choose from which grabs one's attention from what truly matters.
    To reason out the reason

Local Date
    10-20-2019
    Local Time
    02:32 AM

Weary migrants still far from reaching US border

It is a real tear-jerker story, truly sad. By itself is more a story of how we have lost control of our own borders and nothing said about the cost to us citizens who pay for such uncontrolled relentless migration. A mob approaches, illegal immigration continues as usual.
    The point of the story was that this "mob" is very far from our border, with a very long way to go, and hardly a threat to our existence.

OH, BTW, who first started those poor folk walking and just who are they?
    Had you actually read the story, you might know some answers to those questions.

Trump's missile treaty pullout could escalate tension with China

Another news story to choose from which grabs one's attention from what truly matters.
    True, There are far more pressing matters that our dear president might find to occupy his time, if he was truly concerned with accomplishing anything useful. Though somehow, stirring up China and Russia seems that it might rate a bit higher on the scale than a bunch of poor people wandering through Mexico.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    10-20-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    The point of the story was that this "mob" is very far from our border, with a very long way to go, and hardly a threat to our existence.

Had you actually read the story, you might know some answers to those questions.
    Admittedly I did not read it carefully. Gave it a second look and I didn't find what I was looking for. I'll just take it that it was all just spontaneous, or with little or no organization.

Sure it is far away and by itself is no threat to our existence and only came up because of the coming elections. It wasn't all that long ago a similar mass assault came to our borders. It has been a problem for seemingly forever. Not a small problem for many of us who live(d) in border states.

I really hate picking on our southern border illegals as many flies into our country just to overstay their visas.

True, There are far more pressing matters that our dear president might find to occupy his time, if he was truly concerned with accomplishing anything useful. Though somehow, stirring up China and Russia seems that it might rate a bit higher on the scale than a bunch of poor people wandering through Mexico.
    To reason out the reason

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast