Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 54

Thread: Trump Reneging On Charity Promise

  1. #41
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    9,797
    Local Date
    10-20-2019
    Local Time
    05:25 AM

    Re: Trump Reneging On Charity Promise

    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    Admittedly I did not read it carefully. Gave it a second look and I didn't find what I was looking for.
    Sometimes information leaks out of us.

    Try reading objectively.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

    I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

    Fiona Apple

  2. #42
    Premium Member tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    4,018
    Local Date
    10-20-2019
    Local Time
    04:25 AM

    Re: Trump Reneging On Charity Promise

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Sometimes information leaks out of us.

    Try reading objectively.
    Oh great swami, just what is it?
    Gosh, it would be awful pleasin'
    To reason out the reason
    For things I can't explain

  3. #43
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    9,797
    Local Date
    10-20-2019
    Local Time
    05:25 AM

    Re: Trump Reneging On Charity Promise

    I'm just trying to be helpful.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

    I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

    Fiona Apple

  4. #44
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    9,797
    Local Date
    10-20-2019
    Local Time
    05:25 AM

    Re: Trump Reneging On Charity Promise

    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    Oh great swami, just what is it?
    I'd ask you what you mean, but I don't want to go through that again.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

    I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

    Fiona Apple

  5. #45
    Senior Member yaaarrrgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,262
    Local Date
    10-20-2019
    Local Time
    03:25 AM

    Re: Trump Reneging On Charity Promise

    As for the migrants, Trump likes to complain, but his "solutions" are only going to make problems worse. He wants to cut off aid to Honduras as a result of people fleeing that country. Of course, people are fleeing because of gangs and poverty. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to predict that cutting off aid will probably increase lawlessness, poverty, and gang activity. Which will just translate into more people fleeing. Which unfortunately course helps Trump politically. The worse of a job he does, the more he can complain. It's always someone else's fault! :-)

    The sad irony of course is that these people landed on the continent long before white settlers. As for Americans, who's the real invader? At least 9 million Native Americans were killed because of colonization. It was genocide.

    I do wonder if Warren misread Trump on his racial attacks. Trump's "Pocahontas" insult is a racial insult. Warren already established she never got any jobs because of her heritage. And why would anyone doubt her parents told her there were Native Americans in her family tree? Is Trump an expert on her family tree, or would she be? It's a bit his 7 year attack on Obama for not being a "real" American. Whatever "real" means... He similarly promised Obama $5 million if he could prove "it" (after Obama already released his long from birth certificate).

  6. #46
    Premium Member tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    4,018
    Local Date
    10-20-2019
    Local Time
    04:25 AM

    Re: Trump Reneging On Charity Promise

    Quote Originally Posted by yaaarrrgg View Post
    As for the migrants, Trump likes to complain, but his "solutions" are only going to make problems worse. He wants to cut off aid to Honduras as a result of people fleeing that country. Of course, people are fleeing because of gangs and poverty. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to predict that cutting off aid will probably increase lawlessness, poverty, and gang activity. Which will just translate into more people fleeing. Which unfortunately course helps Trump politically. The worse of a job he does, the more he can complain. It's always someone else's fault! :-)
    It should be obvious whatever money we are sending are of no help to the people. How about an accounting of how the money is used?

    Quote Originally Posted by yaaarrrgg View Post
    The sad irony of course is that these people landed on the continent long before white settlers. As for Americans, who's the real invader? At least 9 million Native Americans were killed because of colonization. It was genocide.
    History is what it is, but Hondurans are not native of Texas.

    Quote Originally Posted by yaaarrrgg View Post
    I do wonder if Warren misread Trump on his racial attacks. Trump's "Pocahontas" insult is a racial insult. Warren already established she never got any jobs because of her heritage. And why would anyone doubt her parents told her there were Native Americans in her family tree?
    I think this is an interesting article on the claim.

    The Elizabeth Warren Native American ancestry debate, explained

    Quote Originally Posted by yaaarrrgg View Post
    Is Trump an expert on her family tree, or would she be? It's a bit his 7 year attack on Obama for not being a "real" American. Whatever "real" means... He similarly promised Obama $5 million if he could prove "it" (after Obama already released his long from birth certificate).
    Gosh, it would be awful pleasin'
    To reason out the reason
    For things I can't explain

  7. #47
    Proudly humble LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    10,608
    Local Date
    10-20-2019
    Local Time
    03:25 AM

    Re: Trump Reneging On Charity Promise

    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    It should be obvious whatever money we are sending are of no help to the people. How about an accounting of how the money is used?



    History is what it is, but Hondurans are not native of Texas.



    I think this is an interesting article on the claim.

    The Elizabeth Warren Native American ancestry debate, explained
    My family has a record of a Cherokee in the family back in the 1800s. We looked into it, and I think that it amounts to 3-4% Cherokee for my generation. Apparently a distant ancestor was a soldier assigned to the escort troops who marched the Cherokee to Oklahoma Territory. He then married one of the young Cherokee girls and lived with them on the reservation for a time.
    The Cherokee accept a 25% lineage for membership in the tribe.
    Warren's 7-10% is not enough. But it dues support her claim to having Native blood in her lineage.
    All this does is scramble the conversation and distract from her intended work. But, of course, His Orangeness will seize the opportunity to distract the public from whatever message she might offer. It will likely taint any hopes she might still have from a run at the White House in the next few years.

    Oh, well,
    Another One Bites the Dust
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

  8. #48
    Premium Member tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    4,018
    Local Date
    10-20-2019
    Local Time
    04:25 AM

    Re: Trump Reneging On Charity Promise

    Blood heritage is a primitive concept.

    Reminds me of some dau in 7th grade a teacher asked the class of their ancestry. A number mentioned Indian, but I was most impressed when one proudly announced COWBOY.

    What does your blood mean as opposed to your culture?

    A most stupid commercial.

    Ancestry.com
    Gosh, it would be awful pleasin'
    To reason out the reason
    For things I can't explain

  9. #49
    Proudly humble LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    10,608
    Local Date
    10-20-2019
    Local Time
    03:25 AM

    Re: Trump Reneging On Charity Promise

    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    Blood heritage is a primitive concept.

    Reminds me of some dau in 7th grade a teacher asked the class of their ancestry. A number mentioned Indian, but I was most impressed when one proudly announced COWBOY.

    What does your blood mean as opposed to your culture?

    A most stupid commercial.

    Ancestry.com
    I met a guy yesterday at Physical Therapy. He is from London. We were talking about all the DNA and mixed cultures here in the US, and he claimed he doesn't have any of that mixed stuff in his DNA. He is 100% English.
    I've been pondering on that for a while.
    Seems to me that the only region invaded more that England throughout history was, perhaps, Poland.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

  10. #50
    Senior Member yaaarrrgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,262
    Local Date
    10-20-2019
    Local Time
    03:25 AM

    Re: Trump Reneging On Charity Promise

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    History is what it is, but Hondurans are not native of Texas.
    I bet they've been there before. Their ancestors would have crossed from Siberia to Alaska, and then migrated slowly down the continent, populating North America, through Texas, and then down into Central America.

    The ones that stayed behind in North America were called "Indians" or "Native Americans." This group was largely wiped out by European colonization and disease.

    The irony is: now the white immigrants in North America think these folks are an invasive species, though if anything, that honor unfortunately falls to us.

    Right now they are just walking in a giant circle.

    All this means, is Warren is more of a "real American" than Trump. :-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts