+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Positive outcome from brexit

Local Date
    03-20-2019
    Local Time
    02:57 AM

Re: Positive outcome from brexit

Whether Scotland decides to go Independent or not makes no difference. They're still going to be out of the EU - and then they'll need to apply for Membership, and by that time, the way the EU's going, by the time they come to apply for membership the EU might not exist any more. Then, of course, there would come the question of the Hard Border with Scotland. To say nothing of the cessation of UK funding.

Independence For Scotland. A win win situation for the rest of the UK.

Local Date
    03-20-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    Whether Scotland decides to go Independent or not makes no difference. They're still going to be out of the EU - and then they'll need to apply for Membership, and by that time, the way the EU's going, by the time they come to apply for membership the EU might not exist any more. Then, of course, there would come the question of the Hard Border with Scotland. To say nothing of the cessation of UK funding.

Independence For Scotland. A win win situation for the rest of the UK.
    You need to stop reading the daily mail. It would be easy enough for us to rejoin the eu. We are not sudsidised by england that is just one opf the myths in fact we contribute over 13% to the UK's GDP and receive less than 8% back. We trade more with europe than we do with england much of it goes throiugh english ports - whisky alone is 20% of all UK food and drink exports from the UK and brexit will put an end to the protection sotch whisky has within the eu. The whisky association supported a no vote in 2014 now they have changed their minds.

The westminster establishment are terrified of losing scotland. We'd be OK I:m not so sure about england - you'd be out of the security council at the un and will have to find somewhere else for your nuclear subs.

As to the hard border that will be up to westminster to make it an issue or not. The fact that the snp MP's in westminster are completely ignored and jeered at by the tories and labour does not do well in scotland. They are the third largest poliotical party in westminster have more members than either the lib dems or tories but you wouldn;t know that if you judged it by the number of times you see a scots mp reported about in the mainstream media.

We are a seperate entity within the so called UK it's becoming mare and more apparent we need to get out of it altogether.

Local Date
    03-20-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    You need to stop reading the daily mail. It would be easy enough for us to rejoin the eu. We are not sudsidised by england that is just one opf the myths in fact we contribute over 13% to the UK's GDP and receive less than 8% back. We trade more with europe than we do with england much of it goes throiugh english ports - whisky alone is 20% of all UK food and drink exports from the UK and brexit will put an end to the protection sotch whisky has within the eu. The whisky association supported a no vote in 2014 now they have changed their minds.

The westminster establishment are terrified of losing scotland. We'd be OK I:m not so sure about england - you'd be out of the security council at the un and will have to find somewhere else for your nuclear subs.

As to the hard border that will be up to westminster to make it an issue or not. The fact that the snp MP's in westminster are completely ignored and jeered at by the tories and labour does not do well in scotland. They are the third largest poliotical party in westminster have more members than either the lib dems or tories but you wouldn;t know that if you judged it by the number of times you see a scots mp reported about in the mainstream media.

We are a seperate entity within the so called UK it's becoming mare and more apparent we need to get out of it altogether.
    As I said before, I've no problem with Scotland getting its independence. Just so long as you work out what your currency is going to be, because it won't be the Pound, and there's no way it's going to be the Euro until such time as you get to enter the EU - if the EU even still exists by that time. The North Sea Oil wells are running dry, and most of them are owned by other countries and English investment. As for the Hard Border. Well, just keep an eye on how simple the Irish Border issue is. A Scottish Border would be no different.

Local Date
    03-20-2019
    Local Time

It's all a shambles and I am embarrassed to be watching this farce.

Packing my bags to move to Scotland.

Local Date
    03-20-2019
    Local Time

The word 'Brexit' has become a swearword to me. I'm so fed up with brexit mentioned at length every time I switch on the news. I have just switched myself off from it. They'll damn well do what they like any way, regardless of what the electorate have said or will say.. So I think to myself, what's the point. Nobody listens, nobody cares only to line their own pockets. They're all a load of self-seeking wallies in Parliament.
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

Local Date
    03-20-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by G#Gill View Post
    The word 'Brexit' has become a swearword to me. I'm so fed up with brexit mentioned at length every time I switch on the news. I have just switched myself off from it. They'll damn well do what they like any way, regardless of what the electorate have said or will say.. So I think to myself, what's the point. Nobody listens, nobody cares only to line their own pockets. They're all a load of self-seeking wallies in Parliament.
    Totally agree, a complete farce from start to finish!

Local Date
    03-20-2019
    Local Time

The biggest farce is that the majority of the country voted to Leave. The majority of Parliamentary constituencies voted to Leave. Yet the vast majority of MPs are pro-Remain.

Funny - I always thought the job of an MP was to represent the wishes of their constituents.

Local Date
    03-20-2019
    Local Time

The biggest farce is that the majority of the country voted to Leave. The majority of Parliamentary constituencies voted to Leave. Yet the vast majority of MPs are pro-Remain.

Funny - I always thought the job of an MP was to represent the wishes of their constituents.
    Represent yes but they are not delegates. supposedly they are in a position to look at what is presented to them and make decsions in the best interests of their constituencieds. What have at the moment is rule by an unelected prime minister. parliament is soviereign not the prime minister for her to deliberately bypass parliament is not the way our parliamentary systen is supposed to work. We have essentially had an elected dictatorship for the lasy thiorty years or so.

We have a first past the pot system which means the one with the most votes get elected, typically most of the electorate vote against the candidate who actually win.

Turnout at the referendum was just under 73%, that means only 34% of the electorate actrually voted to leave. For something so important there should have been set a minimum level of the electorate voting for it as was done in previous referendums.

To claim it is representative is a stretch to put it mildly. Also it wasn't binding only advisory yet another lie. Backers of the yes vote have been fined by the electoral commission and clearly there was maniupulation by the likes of cambridge analytical. Brexiteers were the fiorst to run for cover when they actually won the vote because they knew it was all bull****. Ukip got tremendous coverage yet never got an mp elected meanwhile the snp, the third largest party in westminster and second largets by membership in the UK get completely ignored.( to sidetrack for a moment During the scottish referendum nigel farage and george galloway appeared on question time more often than any member of tye snp)

https://fullfact.org/europe/did-majo...eu-referendum/

In a democracy you have the right to change your mind about something to say this was a once and forever vote is nonsense. Scotland northern ireland both voted to remain yet their voices are being ignored theresa may made no attempt to onvilved the devolved administrations in the discussion and nhas made her contempt for devolution clear over and over again.

You are looking at the breakup of the united kimgdom all because the labour and tory parties are more interested in fighting amongst themselves than doing what is best for the country. Only a complete idiot can still think leaving the eu is in the best interets of the country

At this point I really don't care what happens to england I just want independence bofore it's too late. There was a motion for another scottish referndum put forward this week. Did you see that reported anywhere?

Local Date
    03-20-2019
    Local Time

The farce is that the vote was won using illegal methods and lies - forcing it through despite everything is the true death of democracy.

Local Date
    03-19-2019
    Local Time
    07:57 PM

Register to remove this ad.

Given the margin of the vote, there is a good possibility that most MPs have a very high percentage of their constituency who voted to remain, and many districts had a majority to remain.
    So, they very well may be trying to represent their constituents.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast