+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: Positive outcome from brexit

Local Date
    09-22-2019
    Local Time
    03:12 PM

Re: Positive outcome from brexit

We'll find out tomorrow. I think the Supreme Court will consider the position taken by all four courts which have adjudicated so far - I think I have that count right. I can't see it weighting the English case more heavily than that of the Scottish courts and it will bear the different legal systems in mind as it comes to its position.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time
    12:12 AM

I'm beginning to believe that this whole mess has come from the politicians and government being extremely detached from the rest of the populace. It's shameful really . Makes you wonder who's pulling the strings.

Local Date
    09-22-2019
    Local Time

It was overruled in the London High Court just a few hours later, ruling that it was Legal.

Local Date
    09-22-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    It was overruled in the London High Court just a few hours later, ruling that it was Legal.
    Until the Supreme Court makes its announcement tomorrow the whole question is undecided. That's what appeals are for.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    09-22-2019
    Local Time

Xavier Bettel is the hero of the year.

Start at 1:33:00, just after Boris walks out on him without giving the press conference, to the end. This is unmissable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-ILRqX4GxY

Here is a transcript up to the press questions.
    "I wanted to thank Mr Johnson, who was here today, for the exchange that we had. For me it was important to listen to Prime Minister Johnson. To listen to concrete proposals to avoid a no-deal Brexit. For Luxembourg, our position in regards to a deal has always been very clear: the first priority in any withdrawal agreement or declaration on the future relationship is the preservation of the single market. Second, we need a deal that protects the Good Friday Agreement and avoids a hard border on the Irish border at all costs.

The only solution that is currently on the table that meets all these criteria is the withdrawal agreement we agreed on in November last year, with the negotiator Michel Barnier, and whose got support by all the 27 members and also by the European Parliament.

I know that the UK government is unhappy with the withdrawal agreement as it stands. That's why I thought that it was important to speak with Prime Minister Johnson to get proposals. We need more than just words. We need a legally operable text to work on as soon as possible, if we want to meet the October deadline. I have never minced my words when asked about another extension, so let me be very clear once again: An extension is only an option if it serves a purpose. We will not grant another extension just for the sake of granting another extension.

Historically, the UK has always been an important ally and a strategic partner of my country - but most importantly, a close friends. The ties that link our people is are strong, and that will not change with Brexit. But our people need to know what is going to happen to them in six weeks' time: they need clarity, they need certainty, and they need stability. You can't hold a future hostage for party political gains.

So now it's on Mr Johnson. He holds the future of all UK citizens, and every EU citizen living in the UK, in his hands. It's his responsibility. Your people, our people, count on you. But the clock is ticking. Use your time wisely."
    Once the press questions start it gets brutal.

Local Date
    09-22-2019
    Local Time

The sun version (spin) of the same events is interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pEL2C0DEiw

Boris Johnson ’empty chaired’ by EU boss who refused to stop anti-Brexit protesters targeting PM

In a non police state you have the right to protest do you not? The protetstors were in the main british.

This is being spin as a PM of a two bit nation humiliating the british prime minister. They very seldom mention the backstop was theresa may's idea and boris is just noit making any new suggestions.

The unionists in scotland are beginning to panic

https://www.thenational.scot/news/17...-majority-bid/

Maybe they should do that for a second eu referendum.

Local Date
    09-22-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Bit more on the court case a. This is an SNP MP one of those who brought the court action.

https://twitter.com/lumi_1984/status...60771850768387

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18