Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Explain how male and female is not a creation.

Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time
    06:41 PM

Re: Explain how male and female is not a creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
    The universe is a descriptive term that describes a location of a very large physical place , you are willing to treat the universe as if it thinks , plans , creates and solves problems. Its your God: your creator.
    You seem to believe that the universe is the parent of humanity.
    I see no need to consider that the universe thinks in any way shape or form (it might or might not - there is no need for it to do so in order to explain evolution).

It has been shown (the Miler experiment et al) that given the starting conditions on a primitive Earth basic organic chemicals will form and will develop into amino acids etc - the basic building blocks of life as we know it.

Given such a primordial soup the development of life is a matter of time, not design (the main question here is "what is life"? Is a virus alive when it can be crystallised out into a non-living solid and re-animated by injecting it into a living cell).

Given the first living single celled organisms the evolution of more complex life is again a matter of time rather than design and when you're measuring time by the billion years there's plenty of time to play with.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time
    01:41 PM

Its asking a lot to give our existence over to random theory, that we split into gender like we were "Supposed to".
    Not that we were "supposed to", but rather that it turned out to be the obvious best, most efficient way forward. As has been mentioned, there have been many other ways that we've never witnessed happen live that failed through trial and error.

To the gist of your sentence: It would not be asking much at all if we'd been properly educated regarding existence in the first place and not told ancient stories invented by sheepherders in order to control the behaviors of their young.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time
    11:41 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Mawr View Post
    I see no need to consider that the universe thinks in any way shape or form (it might or might not - there is no need for it to do so in order to explain evolution).

It has been shown (the Miler experiment et al) that given the starting conditions on a primitive Earth basic organic chemicals will form and will develop into amino acids etc - the basic building blocks of life as we know it.

Given such a primordial soup the development of life is a matter of time, not design (the main question here is "what is life"? Is a virus alive when it can be crystallised out into a non-living solid and re-animated by injecting it into a living cell).

Given the first living single celled organisms the evolution of more complex life is again a matter of time rather than design and when you're measuring time by the billion years there's plenty of time to play with.
    I agree that life is just a matter of time , I just disagree with the interpretation of its source. In my view creation is a skill , the more complex the greater the skill. I then disagree with any notion that our universe exist without skill. Its like trying to subtract talent from art.

Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Not that we were "supposed to", but rather that it turned out to be the obvious best, most efficient way forward. As has been mentioned, there have been many other ways that we've never witnessed happen live that failed through trial and error.

To the gist of your sentence: It would not be asking much at all if we'd been properly educated regarding existence in the first place and not told ancient stories invented by sheepherders in order to control the behaviors of their young.
    I don't accept the trial and error view of the universe , it is too unbalanced and wild.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time
    01:41 PM

I don't accept the trial and error view of the universe , it is too unbalanced and wild.
    I was talking about Evolution.

ETA: BTW, the truth is not dependant on what any of us believe or accept.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post

Do I think that creation was perfect , no I don't , I think there was trial but not error. I think primordial man was a trial.

Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time

I agree that life is just a matter of time , I just disagree with the interpretation of its source. In my view creation is a skill , the more complex the greater the skill. I then disagree with any notion that our universe exist without skill. Its like trying to subtract talent from art.
    Your final comparison is totally specious but it you insist that to have creation you must have conscious direction then that is your right - I just cannot agree that it is so.

Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Mawr View Post
    Your final comparison is totally specious but it you insist that to have creation you must have conscious direction then that is your right - I just cannot agree that it is so.
    Yes conscious direction , which means planning and purpose , which I see as far more accurate explanation than random self creation. The universe is the result of skill and design; high powered skill and talent . obvious purposeful conscious planning.

The universe shows obvious forethought and intentions. First background was created, space - like a canvas by an artist. Then it was filled in, amazingly obvious. I am dumbfounded that it has to be defended.

Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time

Yes conscious direction , which means planning and purpose , which I see as far more accurate explanation than random self creation. The universe is the result of skill and design; high powered skill and talent . obvious purposeful conscious planning.

The universe shows obvious forethought and intentions. First background was created, space - like a canvas by an artist. Then it was filled in, amazingly obvious. I am dumbfounded that it has to be defended.
    Not obvious at all, a matter of opinion taken as an article of faith.

To me it's an outside possibility for which I see no evidence whereas I can see a rational chain of cause and effect that explains evolutionary theory.

Local Date
    02-20-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.

If I may continue with my analogy , random theory is like believing the canvas created itself and started drawing on its own: stunning belief. In my view , male and female shows obvious design with intent. These genders did not evolve , they were established on purpose with purpose because of purpose. You cannot derive human gender and genome from random unpurposed aimless time. Male and female were intended matches in a mating ritual that does not embarass truth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast