Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: blackface is fairly common on the elite left

Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    01:09 PM

Re: blackface is fairly common on the elite left

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Whatever side of the political spectrum one belongs to, punishing a person for what they did 30 year back seems ridiculous.
    I agree.

Bringing it up and comparing who they are now is one thing, but to expect them to roll up in a ball and die for being stupid when young is probably a bad idea.

Though, that would eliminate a fairly large percentage of the population.

And of course, the Fright Wing is bringing up how the left reacted to Judge Kavanaugh's bit of drunken stupidity, but, here's the thing on that. For most, it was his tirade that many objected to. He did not seem at all sorry for his churlish behavior when young. His tantrum in front of the nation showed him up for who he is now.
    As for Mr Carlson, he is a twit of the highest order, in my opinion. If I had the time to sit and watch TV, I would not waste it on the likes of him.
    I admit I have more time than I need to watch TV and like to watch Mr. Carlson to a point. To me, it is entertainment with some news value, but his slavish support of Trumps and some of his weird theories send me back to the Kinder.
    “The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
    Gang aft agley.
    An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
    For promis'd joy!

Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    07:09 PM

Re: blackface is fairly common on the elite left

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    I posted it because I thought it was interesting. I heard a commentary on more examples of blackface entertainers but it can't find it on the internet so I can't quote it.
    I don't doubt that at all, I merely wondered why you thought tying (1) the present day, "is", (2) the "fairly common" and (3) "the elite left", could be anything other than a vile deliberate smear which I presume can't be substantiated and is in fact a grotesque lie. Can it be substantiated? Are you claiming what you found on the Internet was about those three phrases in conjunction and that it was a credible report? Do you actually believe it to be true? Just look at your thread title, for goodness sake. You posted that propagandist lie under "Current Events".
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2