Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: blackface is fairly common on the elite left

  1. #1
    Premium Member tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    4,039
    Local Date
    11-18-2019
    Local Time
    11:11 PM

    blackface is fairly common on the elite left

    I like Tucker Carlson. Often he makes me laugh, then other times I sit gagging.

    I really like his perspective on blackface by the Virginia governor.

    Wearing blackface is fairly common on the elite left.
    Gosh, it would be awful pleasin'
    To reason out the reason
    For things I can't explain

  2. #2
    Supporting Member spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brigstow
    Posts
    35,858
    Local Date
    11-19-2019
    Local Time
    05:11 AM

    Re: blackface is fairly common on the elite left

    What an odd use of the word "is". Thirty years ago? maybe. Have you even a single example in the current century? I've not seen or heard of one. Have you?
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

    The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

    England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

  3. #3
    Premium Member tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    4,039
    Local Date
    11-18-2019
    Local Time
    11:11 PM

    Re: blackface is fairly common on the elite left

    Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    What an odd use of the word "is". Thirty years ago? maybe. Have you even a single example in the current century? I've not seen or heard of one. Have you?
    Perhaps if I had any idea what you are talking about.
    Gosh, it would be awful pleasin'
    To reason out the reason
    For things I can't explain

  4. #4
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    9,905
    Local Date
    11-19-2019
    Local Time
    12:11 AM

    Re: blackface is fairly common on the elite left

    LOL!

    To be fair and honest, the group you're actually referring to is/were the fake left, or what is commonly referred to these days as Neoliberals.

    True progressives don't bother with this kind of silliness.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

    I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

    Fiona Apple

  5. #5
    Premium Member tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    4,039
    Local Date
    11-18-2019
    Local Time
    11:11 PM

    Re: blackface is fairly common on the elite left

    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    Perhaps if I had any idea what you are talking about.
    Thinking about it I remembered in school learning about an advertisement. commercials which abuse the English language. So I abbreviated the title from

    Tucker Carlson: Wearing blackface is fairly common on the elite left. Modern liberalism is all about hypocrisy

    I hope that answers you.
    Gosh, it would be awful pleasin'
    To reason out the reason
    For things I can't explain

  6. #6
    Premium Member tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    4,039
    Local Date
    11-18-2019
    Local Time
    11:11 PM

    Re: blackface is fairly common on the elite left

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    LOL!

    To be fair and honest, the group you're actually referring to is/were the fake left, or what is commonly referred to these days as Neoliberals.

    True progressives don't bother with this kind of silliness.
    OK, if you say so.
    Gosh, it would be awful pleasin'
    To reason out the reason
    For things I can't explain

  7. #7
    Proudly humble LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    10,708
    Local Date
    11-18-2019
    Local Time
    10:11 PM

    Re: blackface is fairly common on the elite left

    Whatever side of the political spectrum one belongs to, punishing a person for what they did 30 year back seems ridiculous.

    Bringing it up and comparing who they are now is one thing, but to expect them to roll up in a ball and die for being stupid when young is probably a bad idea.

    Though, that would eliminate a fairly large percentage of the population.

    And of course, the Fright Wing is bringing up how the left reacted to Judge Kavanaugh's bit of drunken stupidity, but, here's the thing on that. For most, it was his tirade that many objected to. He did not seem at all sorry for his churlish behavior when young. His tantrum in front of the nation showed him up for who he is now.

    As for Mr Carlson, he is a twit of the highest order, in my opinion. If I had the time to sit and watch TV, I would not waste it on the likes of him.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

  8. #8
    Supporting Member spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brigstow
    Posts
    35,858
    Local Date
    11-19-2019
    Local Time
    05:11 AM

    Re: blackface is fairly common on the elite left

    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    Thinking about it I remembered in school learning about an advertisement. commercials which abuse the English language. So I abbreviated the title from

    Tucker Carlson: Wearing blackface is fairly common on the elite left. Modern liberalism is all about hypocrisy

    I hope that answers you.
    I asked you to explain what you'd written, that's all.

    You - nobody else, just you - posted the sentence "Wearing blackface is fairly common on the elite left". I asked what "is" means to you. I especially asked "Have you even a single example in the current century?". Perhaps you have an answer to the question?
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

    The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

    England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

  9. #9
    Senior Member AnneBoleyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    6,582
    Local Date
    11-19-2019
    Local Time
    12:11 AM

    Re: blackface is fairly common on the elite left

    "Wearing blackface is fairly common on the elite left."

    No, you moron (aimed at Tuckass). Wearing blackface was/is fairly common for WHITE people of any political 'stripe', particularly if in the South and male.

  10. #10
    Premium Member tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    4,039
    Local Date
    11-18-2019
    Local Time
    11:11 PM

    Re: blackface is fairly common on the elite left

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    I asked you to explain what you'd written, that's all.

    You - nobody else, just you - posted the sentence "Wearing blackface is fairly common on the elite left". I asked what "is" means to you. I especially asked "Have you even a single example in the current century?". Perhaps you have an answer to the question?
    I posted it because I thought it was interesting. I heard a commentary on more examples of blackface entertainers but it can't find it on the internet so I can't quote it.
    Gosh, it would be awful pleasin'
    To reason out the reason
    For things I can't explain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts