+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kansas Says Goodbye To 3.2 Beer

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time
    01:09 PM

Kansas Says Goodbye To 3.2 Beer

I love drinking beer, but I don't handle alcohol well.

What a wonderful thing when I moved to Kansas where I could drink a lot more without being all stupid again. It was like 3.2 was an answer to a drinkers dream.

Oh well, must find inner restraint again.

Kansas Says Goodbye To 3.2 Beer

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

Re: Kansas Says Goodbye To 3.2 Beer

I liked it for the same reason, have a couple beers without much effect.

I wonder what they are going to do at the State Parks where alcohol is illegal but 3.2 beer was allowed, especially when boating.

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time
    12:09 PM

Quote Originally Posted by YZGI View Post
    I liked it for the same reason, have a couple beers without much effect.

I wonder what they are going to do at the State Parks where alcohol is illegal but 3.2 beer was allowed, especially when boating.
    Can't y'all just drive up to Nebraska to get 3.2?
    I think Oklahoma is too far south for you guys.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Actually I am in the Wichita area so Oklahoma would be nearer but they only have 5% last I heard. Someone told me the breweries were phasing out all 3.2% beer because Kansas was one of the last to sell it. Of course that was second hand info.

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

I don't know what they have in Nebraska. When I first moved here to buy on Sunday meant a 40-mile trip north. The county I live in was dry.

Liquor laws here are confusing, but I am adjusting well, an ice cube in the drink isn't all that bad.

3.2 beer phase out: Anheuser-Busch warns they could go from 20 brands to 12 in some states

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by YZGI View Post
    Actually I am in the Wichita area so Oklahoma would be nearer but they only have 5% last I heard. Someone told me the breweries were phasing out all 3.2% beer because Kansas was one of the last to sell it. Of course that was second hand info.
    I kinda feel for you guys, but Colorado is phasing 3.2 out, as well.
    Me, I kinda like the heavy stuff. But then, I can walk to five or six Microbreweries from our farm. (I never drink anywhere I can't walk home from. and the Mrs doesn't like me drinkin' at home.)
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time
    07:09 PM

We have a massive drink problem here but they tackle it by taxation so now there is a demand for weaker beers. Weak beer just means to drink more to get the same effect, greater profit for the brewer or is that being cynical

What a strange country you have where you shout don't violate my rights when it bcomes to gun ownership but you tolerate being told what strength of alcohol you are allowed. Does perhaps explain why american beer sold over here is so weak and far too sweet. czech made budweiser is 5% and tastes much better than the american version - if i can say that without someone accusing me of being anti-american. My ford car is made in germany since they;ve alreday shut down all the factories in the uk

Does that law only apply to beer and mean you don't have any wine or spirits on sale?

Just for the record scots beer tastes like piss imo

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post

Just for the record scots beer tastes like piss imo
    Just like English Beer, then, Hmmm?

But seriously,...
    As for 3.2, most states have had laws that 3.2 beer was generally available, and anything higher could be sold only by liquor dealers.

A few year ago, the laws in many states started changing, but most grocers and such still were limited to selling 3.2

I never much liked the taste of 3.2 beers.
    Something about making love in a canoe comes to mind.

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time
    07:09 PM

Just like English Beer, then, Hmmm?

But seriously,...
    As for 3.2, most states have had laws that 3.2 beer was generally available, and anything higher could be sold only by liquor dealers.

A few year ago, the laws in many states started changing, but most grocers and such still were limited to selling 3.2

I never much liked the taste of 3.2 beers.
    Something about making love in a canoe comes to mind.
    As you get older you taste buds change a(I'm sure I read that somewhere) and sweet things like low alcohol beer don't taste as good and bitter thiongs become better tasting - why brussel sprouts and cabbage tastes bitter if you are a kid and OK if you are adult.

I agree with you about english beer I don't like it either on the other hand german beer is really good. The drink culture when you got blootered as a matter of course used to be really string took a lot of nerve to refuse to drink on a night out.

Local Date
    08-17-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    As you get older you taste buds change a(I'm sure I read that somewhere) and sweet things like low alcohol beer don't taste as good and bitter thiongs become better tasting - why brussel sprouts and cabbage tastes bitter if you are a kid and OK if you are adult.

I agree with you about english beer I don't like it either on the other hand german beer is really good. The drink culture when you got blootered as a matter of course used to be really string took a lot of nerve to refuse to drink on a night out.
    My preference is German/Czech Pilsens and Belgian Abby Ales. After that, I like to see what the Local Brewers here in Colorado come up with, though they seem to have a fascination with IPA's lately, for which I cannot really develop a taste.

Though I agree with the Kansans about 3.2 sometimes. On a hot day, an iced cold light beer can refresh much better than any soda pop, or fruity drink, and not slow you down a bit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast