Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Things you won't see mentioned in the mainstream media - yet

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time
    01:06 AM

Re: Things you won't see mentioned in the mainstream media - yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwVNPVH1CtU

Did see a brief mention on sky new review. apparntly it was nowehere near a 100,000.

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

Nicola Sturgeon to request Section 30 order in a 'matter of weeks'

https://www.thenational.scot/news/17...-matter-weeks/

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...m-within-weeks

“I don’t favour coalitions. We would favour a progressive type alliance. But I would say this to Jeremy Corbyn, or any Westminster leader who is looking to the SNP for support, if you don’t accept Scotland’s right to choose at our choosing – don’t even bother picking up the phone to me.”

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

Just been watching the bbc news. Chairman of the brexit party claimed they won the last election on a no deal platform without a single word of challenge from the reporters. Tell me how many seats do the brexit party have? Anyone? I assume he means the elections for the european parliament.

Not a word from any representative of the third largest party on the westminster parliament or that the snp will be asking for a section 30 order before the end of the year. Not a word about the fcatb that Northern ireland voted to remain or that the dUP don;t actually represent the majority view.

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

I knew this as do many others and it's been pointed out many times so why do people vote for brexit?

https://www.thenational.scot/news/17...n-regulations/

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    I knew this as do many others and it's been pointed out many times so why do people vote for brexit?

https://www.thenational.scot/news/17...n-regulations/
    They reckon Remaining correlates with lower IQ and an inability to cope with change .

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    They reckon Remaining correlates with lower IQ and an inability to cope with change .
    I would, I think, for the first time, like to see a reputable reference for that assertion. I believe you may have made it up in order to rile a member.

I would offer https://iea.org.uk/are-brexit-voters...han-remainers/ for example to refute your suggestion. Have you respectable counter-examples?

The thing is, if you post bogus arguments pretending they're facts it gets in the way of normal discourse and leaves people unwilling to engage with you. You might then pretend to yourself that the lack of engagement qualifies as a win on your part, but that surely would be a pitiful self-deception.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

I expected you to immediately recognise -- surely obvious --- banter / humour .

Think about it .
    However much you may take issue with my post content , I am obviously obscenely bright , widely read and experienced , well aware of Forum process and and the use of the scientific method to present any case sanely .

I have even dripped information which tells you I am a Graduate , Post Graduate and with Forum experience of moderating . Full CV is too James Bondish for most to believe .

So why would you take that sentence of mine to be literally true? For more than three seconds on a slow day ?

It tends to ruin the performance if you have to signal every piece of fun with an explanatory icon ( grinning face etc) or , as I sometimes do , with several exclamation marks .

But . The sentence kicks off with , " They reckon ----- "
    That is clear code for , here comes speculation at best , or , a load of drivel at worst .

Please let's avoid as often as is possible the pressure to always dumb down to save others thinking .

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    I expected you to immediately recognise -- surely obvious --- banter / humour .
    **** that, dear boy. If there's one thing I can't stand it's ****ing banter, and humour comes a close second.

You're stepping back from "Remaining correlates with lower IQ and an inability to cope with change" as a statement with any merit? You regard it as indefensible?

The problem with a thread being diverted into byways solely to amuse the interjector (or even onlookers, though I doubt the intention) is that it screws any meaningful attempt at conversation among those who have invested thus far. It is, if I am to be ungenerous, selfish. It gratifies the self. It doesn't engage.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18...-rally-crowds/

"BBC tells us why it did not show independence rally crowds"

It gets a foornote. There were 15-20,000 at a rally in edinburgh the previous weekend and therer have been regular rallies all over scotland. If the brexit party could get 10,00 people to turn up at a rally it would be front page news everywhere.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top...ions-1-6356313

"Threat of 'mass demonstrations' from Brexiteers turns out to be a damp squib"

Brexiteers threaten riots on the streets I think they have it wrong. If as a result of our first past the post electoral system win the most seats it will be despite the majority of voters voting against them. It won't be brexiteers rioting it will be remainders.

Was down in london last week driving past parliament square on the 31st in the evening. the brexiteers were out in their dozens.

Local Date
    11-20-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    Was down in london last week driving past parliament square on the 31st in the evening. the brexiteers were out in their dozens.
    That sounds very like congestion charge territory.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast