+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Assisted Death

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time
    11:54 PM

Re: Assisted Death

In scotland they do the same - put someone in a drug induced coma so they pass away peacefully but that is if someone is near death and has maybe just a few days left and will die soon anyway with or without help but it means the last few days are agony free.

Assisted is something being discussed just now with billl before parliament and the religious doing their best to shut down discussion ,their main concern seeming to be vulnerable people will be talked in to killing themselves by greedy relatives or so they won't be a burden to their family. which imo says a lot about the way they think. Suicide is only a mortal sin if you happen to believe it is

What do you do when someone has months or even years to live but has, for example, a degenerative condition that means they will be trapped inside a dying body. The decision should be up to them and should be one they can make. Watching a loved one suffer and die gives you a different perspective the only ones making any decisionshould be the individual and IMMEDIATE close family.

On a personal note I know a damn site more about end of life care than I ever wanted to. My admiration for those who work in hospices is immense - it's not something i could do.

Local Date
    09-21-2019
    Local Time
    08:54 AM

There are so many safe guards in place here it'd be easier to just take a bottle of pills. Which in the end most do anyway .

there is no immediate or close family decisions made in our legislation. It is all down tot he individual. no one else can sign no one else can help. And you have to have complete mental stability to "choose". They have given wider scope for people with neuro degenerative conditions though.

Local Date
    09-21-2019
    Local Time
    08:54 AM

They've just confirmed this morning that a 61 year old woman is the first to use our new laws. It's just a glass of liquid medication.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-...g-law/11382332

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time
    04:54 PM

Similar to how my mother went. Death with dignity. I'm having trouble reconciling it wit suicide though...

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time
    11:54 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_ View Post
    Similar to how my mother went. Death with dignity. I'm having trouble reconciling it wit suicide though...
    Without wishing to detract from the thread - I'm just interested in the answer...

If the civil process is death with dignity and pain-free, why does the American legal system insist on torturing inmates at execution with their drawn-out series of injections which appear designed to firstly prevent all muscle response and subsequently induce a massively painful heart attack? If that's the most humane death the American State can devise you'd think it would be suitable for "death with dignity" too, wouldn't you?

And if it's not, could the inmates have the same drink instead please? As at least an option? Or is the design of execution these days deliberately intended to inflict pain and terror.

Why anyone wants to die by having the body respond to chemical poisoning I have no idea. A nitrogen booth is completely pain-free and as close to immediate and gentle as anyone could hope for.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time
    04:54 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    Spot, this isn’t a political thread. It’s personal. Don't be disrepectful or I’ll have to punch you in your virtual nose. Intellect or no intellect.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3