Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 92

Thread: The Presidential Election of 2020

  1. #21
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    9,962
    Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    12:52 AM

    Re: The Presidential Election of 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Marxism is solely concerned, from first word to final word, with giving the manual worker political control of his destiny. The working class is traditionally paid a fixed wage while the capitalist takes all the cream off the top of the endeavour while making no contribution to production. It was that creaming of profit which Marx intended to eliminate. He didn't regard his proposals as magic, he called his proposals a fair distribution of the product of labor.

    If you think Marx was anyone else I'd love to hear your description.
    Learning about Marx has changed my views on economics.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

    I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

    Fiona Apple

  2. #22
    Senior Member Bridget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Middle of cornfield in Illinois
    Posts
    309
    Local Date
    12-07-2019
    Local Time
    09:52 PM

    Re: The Presidential Election of 2020

    I am like everyone in USA overwhelmed by so many young democrats thinking they can save our USA. They want to pick one subject, study it well and ding-dong it to death. Makes them look like they are educated on all the problems. This country is so complex it is something that cannot be rehabbed in a few days. I did not like the way Miss Harris from Calif. sliced into Biden at the first forum. She set him up then cut him up. Was not impressed by her attitude at all. Biden and Sanders are the only two older men and they know what needs to really be done. The younger generation thinks because they are young they are more alert, smarter, more energetic, blah,blah, blah. The same thing is happening when all the republicans ran in the last election. There were so many that picked the one most known. Bad mistake.

  3. #23
    Premium Member tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    4,042
    Local Date
    12-07-2019
    Local Time
    11:52 PM

    Re: The Presidential Election of 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Marxism is solely concerned, from first word to final word, with giving the manual worker political control of his destiny. The working class is traditionally paid a fixed wage while the capitalist takes all the cream off the top of the endeavour while making no contribution to production. It was that creaming of profit which Marx intended to eliminate. He didn't regard his proposals as magic, he called his proposals a fair distribution of the product of labor.
    If you say so.

    Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    If you think Marx was anyone else I'd love to hear your description.
    Lenin, Trotsky, Stalin and many others around the world since have taken whatever they believed his message was to most disastrous results.

  4. #24
    Premium Member tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    4,042
    Local Date
    12-07-2019
    Local Time
    11:52 PM

    Re: The Presidential Election of 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    I was correct that you had no idea what you were talking about. I doubt you bothered to read the text of the page you linked to. Perhaps you'll use the links to educate yourself one day?
    All I wanted was a picture and it didn't work out for me. Oh well.

    Just for the heck of it I found and posted where it came from which was of no interest or value to me.

  5. #25
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    9,962
    Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    12:52 AM

    Re: The Presidential Election of 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    All I wanted was a picture and it didn't work out for me. Oh well.

    Just for the heck of it I found and posted where it came from which was of no interest or value to me.
    Most people steer clear of conversations that hold no interest or value to them rather than allowing themselves to appear foolish by posting irrelevant content. It didn't work out for you because you had no business contributing to a subject thread you know nothing about.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

    I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

    Fiona Apple

  6. #26
    Premium Member tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    4,042
    Local Date
    12-07-2019
    Local Time
    11:52 PM

    Re: The Presidential Election of 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Most people steer clear of conversations that hold no interest or value to them rather than allowing themselves to appear foolish by posting irrelevant content. It didn't work out for you because you had no business contributing to a subject thread you know nothing about.
    All I wanted was the picture, not the content of the site. There was a question as to if it was Marx the magician or Marx the capitalist. Should have known to let the matter rest but I wnt one step further to show the origin of the picture.

    With all that now said the site offered no value to me.

  7. #27
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    9,962
    Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    12:52 AM

    Re: The Presidential Election of 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    All I wanted was the picture, not the content of the site. There was a question as to if it was Marx the magician or Marx the capitalist. Should have known to let the matter rest but I wnt one step further to show the origin of the picture.

    With all that now said the site offered no value to me.
    You don't understand, do you? Marx has absolutely nothing to do whatsoever with what I posted (spot pointed this out to you twice). Just because Marx is relevant to what I posted in your mind, that doesn't mean he is. Had you taken just a moment to research, you might have understood that and thought twice. Slight chance, I know. The only relevant cartoon having to do with magic would be one of you with an illuminated light bulb above your head.

    Now that you've managed to steer the thread off topic and onto you, perhaps you'll be polite and either bow out of it or post something relevant to it.

    There is no need to respond!
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

    I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

    Fiona Apple

  8. #28
    Supporting Member spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brigstow
    Posts
    36,033
    Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    05:52 AM

    Re: The Presidential Election of 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Marxism is solely concerned, from first word to final word, with giving the manual worker political control of his destiny. The working class is traditionally paid a fixed wage while the capitalist takes all the cream off the top of the endeavour while making no contribution to production. It was that creaming of profit which Marx intended to eliminate. He didn't regard his proposals as magic, he called his proposals a fair distribution of the product of labor.
    If you say so.
    It's not if I say so, it's what he wrote. It's a testable statement. You can check I'm right.



    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    Lenin, Trotsky, Stalin and many others around the world since have taken whatever they believed his message was to most disastrous results.
    Perhaps they did, but you didn't post a caricature of them did you. You posted Marx.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

    The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

    England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

  9. #29
    Premium Member tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    4,042
    Local Date
    12-07-2019
    Local Time
    11:52 PM

    Re: The Presidential Election of 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    You don't understand, do you? Marx has absolutely nothing to do whatsoever with what I posted (spot pointed this out to you twice). Just because Marx is relevant to what I posted in your mind, that doesn't mean he is. Had you taken just a moment to research, you might have understood that and thought twice. Slight chance, I know. The only relevant cartoon having to do with magic would be one of you with an illuminated light bulb above your head.

    Now that you've managed to steer the thread off topic
    Like that's never happen before.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    and onto you, perhaps you'll be polite and either bow out of it or post something relevant to it.

    There is no need to respond!
    LOL

    Sounded like Marx to me. Maybe I picked the wrong clown, you think?


  10. #30
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    9,962
    Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    12:52 AM

    Re: The Presidential Election of 2020

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    Sounded like Marx to me.
    That's due to the fact that you nothing about US monetary policy or Marxism, which are two very different subjects. That you conflate the two is revealing of the height of your ignorance and that you're doing nothing other than trolling the thread.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

    I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

    Fiona Apple

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts