+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: The Presidential Election of 2020

Local Date
    01-25-2020
    Local Time
    07:49 PM

Re: The Presidential Election of 2020

Saying what she did has scarcely advanced the interests of her country, she ought to know better than to behave like it.

It's front page on the BBC website, too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50104958
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Premium Member
    Local Date
    01-25-2020
    Local Time
    02:49 PM

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Saying what she did has scarcely advanced the interests of her country, she ought to know better than to behave like it.

It's front page on the BBC website, too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50104958
    My point exactly. She doesn't care about her country or anyone else except herself. She is so self-absorbed, she can't remain in the background, always trying to steal headlines.

I understand that probably the most difficult part of aging is coming to terms with diminished relevancy and necessity by others as one's personal world shrinks. Aging with dignity is hard for some of us, most of us probably, but at least do so as silently as possible if it can't be done graciously in the public eye.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    01-25-2020
    Local Time
    12:49 PM

Well, the more I watch of the Circus that is the Dem "Debate" process, the more I am convinced that Donald will win the election.
    So, assuming the Dems manage to gain a majority in the Senate, Impeach looms likely, and the following disruption caused by the stormtrumpers will wreak havoc on the nation for the next decade.

My cabin in the Okefenokee is beginning to look like the best investment I even made.
    “The reality we can put into words is never reality itself.”
    ― Werner Heisenberg
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth"
    - Rudy Giuliani

Premium Member
    Local Date
    01-25-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Well, the more I watch of the Circus that is the Dem "Debate" process, the more I am convinced that Donald will win the election.
    So, assuming the Dems manage to gain a majority in the Senate, Impeach looms likely, and the following disruption caused by the stormtrumpers will wreak havoc on the nation for the next decade.

My cabin in the Okefenokee is beginning to look like the best investment I even made.
    Yes, the process is a joke, but that's due to the neoliberal control of the DNC and money-driven attitudes. However, it appears to me that most of the candidates themselves are trying to make an honest accounting of their views and opinions.

The best thing to do, IMO, is to remain clear of this Russia crap, Russiagate has been thoroughly debunked, and it's smart to stay clear of it. Most of them have done that. When I hear a Democrat bring up Russia, it's a dead giveaway that that is an establishment-minded, corporate neoliberal.

Provided the Democratic party ceases to try to divide us by maligning Sanders and his following, Donald Trump is history. Otherwise, if they continue to drive away actual progressives, they lose, or perhaps, win by keeping Trump in office, because as they've shown, being neoliberal, that they prefer Trump's policies of run-a-muck capitalism, over reasonable and fair economic policy that benefits the majority and seeks to protect the planet's inhabitants.
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    01-25-2020
    Local Time

With Hitlery having just committed final verbal suicide and Biden and Sanders ruled out as infirm--- though in the case of Biden ,even more corrupt than previously realised --- the Dem candidate choice is wide open .
    Word on the street is that Gabbard is being teed up to take on Trump and , if so , this could be a very smooth and smart move .
    She could take a lot of Donald's momentum away by neutralising him in terms of the only voice re. the futility of endless wars and being the only champion of Veterans and those that are first responders .
    Her gender and military background are worth votes and her assumed position of being clean of any Deep State obligations and potential blackmail issues is possibly unique among leading Democratic figures .
    Betting people might want to punt her .

Premium Member
    Local Date
    01-25-2020
    Local Time

There's little doubt Gabbard would make mincemeat of Trump one-on-one. I looked at her a few months back and other than her policy stance on the wars, I wasn't impressed. I'll take a second look. If she's for supporting the ACA and/or against reigning in corporate greed, she probably would not get Sanders' supporters, and that's a losing proposition.
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    01-25-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    Hitlery
    My my what a clever a$$hole you are.

Local Date
    01-25-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    My my what a clever a$$hole you are.
    Very widely and commonly used .
    Seems to describe her perfectly as a majority decided three years ago . My feeling is that this is now shared by the vast majority of people and as hinted at by the low turn outs at any appearance made by her or her doddery and fast failing so called husband .
    And judging by her last crackpot remarks , she could even finish by being a hated person within her own party and a prime cause for Trump's landslide re-election .

Local Date
    01-25-2020
    Local Time
    12:49 PM

I have decided that I don't much care who gets the Dem nomination. Whoever it is will be better than Trump and his
    disassembly of the Nation.

I am far more interested in working the state level, to help secure a Dem majority in the Senate.
    That will go further to clean out the garbage and put an end to the madness that has become the Republican party.

If they regain the Senate, the Dems will need to settle on a somewhat conservative strategy to avoid alienating the mindful Conservatives.
    “The reality we can put into words is never reality itself.”
    ― Werner Heisenberg
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth"
    - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    01-25-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    Very widely and commonly used .
    Seems to describe her perfectly as a majority decided three years ago . My feeling is that this is now shared by the vast majority of people and as hinted at by the low turn outs at any appearance made by her or her doddery and fast failing so called husband .
    And judging by her last crackpot remarks , she could even finish by being a hated person within her own party and a prime cause for Trump's landslide re-election .
    I'm not defending her, I'm on a critique about YOU.
    "Very widely and commonly used"---by you? Another person who uses a similar phrase is Trump.

"Seems to describe her perfectly as a majority decided three years ago"
    A majority of the electoral college you mean, not voters.

At least a year before a major election, questionable people like you with questionable motivations come out of the woodwork.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast