+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Tamalpais High puzzle

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time
    12:54 AM

The Tamalpais High puzzle

No doubt matters will become more clear with time but at the moment, https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/27/w...americans.html has me totally bemused.

Among other things, every US news report I've seen about this refers to the Carabinieri as "Italy’s military police" or "Paramilitary". Where does that notion originate? The Carabinieri are domestic police plain and simple.

I'm waiting now to see whether President Trump demands their immediate return like he's done with A$AP Rocky. Or perhaps they're not sufficiently high profile.

The way to make them high profile is to notice they went the the same school as 2Pac and presumably assimilated some of the most violent notions possible as a direct consequence - I refer to 2Pac's profuse rap output - and hence fall into the same category of offender as A$AP Rocky. These two left Tamalpais High last year in the bottom quartile of their academic scale (apparently three quarters of American students graduating high school have GPA "honors" which pretty much makes the term meaningless). President Trump had better get on the phone as a matter of urgency.

My bewilderment is that these Californians ended up in Europe spending 200 Euros a night at the Meridien Visconti, I can't imagine any storyline in which that might happen.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time

Re: The Tamalpais High puzzle

Most of the polioce forces in europe are paramilitary i.e. armed and capable of being used as a military force. the Uk is almost unique in having an unarmed civilian police force. Americans speak american english poor dears do get things wrong sometimes. To us a military policeman would be a member of the armed forces (redcaps) there to police the army soldiers and not part of the civilian police force. American police are all paramilitary they just can't contemplate any other way of doing things.

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time

The pair of them were in court today. I'm just wondering what they think might get them back to America this century. Other than President Trump, of course.

Would saying they didn't know he was a policeman make things better?

How about having an Instagram account makes stabbing strangers seem normal, a bit like Fortnite or Grand Theft Auto. Like having "Death is guaranteed, life is not" as a personal motto on your homepage. Perhaps that wasn't meant as a threat, perhaps it only sounds like a threat to sane people.

200 euros a night, that hotel. What sort of world lets unemployable tossers like those two stay in a hotel like that. I have never in my life spent even a single night in a 200 euro hotel.

Their best shot at a short sentence is to blame 2Pac.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    09-19-2019
    Local Time
    05:54 PM

it strikes me that these punks have already had far more attention than they deserve from the US.
    They should simply be abandoned to the Italian Justice System.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time

I'm tempted to keep the thread moving for several months by posting 2Pac rap violence followed by a "2Pac made me do it" whinge at the end of each tirade. Not as extenuation, you understand, but definitely as a witness against rap.

It can't help that the officer who died may well have been the most sainted member of the Italian constabulary and just one week back from his honeymoon. Neither of the culprits appears worth a fraction of their victim in human terms. Yet if they're sat back feeling hard done by it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Local Date
    09-19-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    I'm tempted to keep the thread moving for several months by posting 2Pac rap violence followed by a "2Pac made me do it" whinge at the end of each tirade. Not as extenuation, you understand, but definitely as a witness against rap.

It can't help that the officer who died may well have been the most sainted member of the Italian constabulary and just one week back from his honeymoon. Neither of the culprits appears worth a fraction of their victim in human terms. Yet if they're sat back feeling hard done by it wouldn't surprise me at all.
    Seems pointless to feed the human notion that they can always blame someone else for their sad behavior.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time

It turns out at least one of them didn't commit any crime at all. Fabrizio Natale issued a statement to the media after visiting his son to the effect that "We are very upset by the predicament he's in, but we are all fully convinced of his innocence". One can only hope Kanye West and other White House influencers are immediately made aware of this fact.

Perhaps a petition announcing that nobody died at all would help too, or the deletion of all the CCTV evidence.

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time

Is there a convention in America to call a knife with a 7" blade a 7" knife, or is it just when the papers want to minimise things? For the record the knife, with handle, is 12" and sells for $20 in Walmart as a replica WW2 US Marine weapon. Why it's allowed in aircraft luggage I'm not sure.

Local Date
    09-19-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Is there a convention in America to call a knife with a 7" blade a 7" knife, or is it just when the papers want to minimise things? For the record the knife, with handle, is 12" and sells for $20 in Walmart as a replica WW2 US Marine weapon. Why it's allowed in aircraft luggage I'm not sure.
    Usually a knife is identified by it's blade length.
    So a "seven-inch knife" would generally be a knife with a seven inch long blade.
    And it probably is not prohibited in checked luggage, but it would definitely be rejected in Carry-on.
    I expect that most states in the EU probably have some laws/statues, or guidance as to when and where one might be prohibited from carrying such a knife on their person.

My son-in-law once had such a knife taken away from him when he entered the local Airport with one strapped to his belt.
    Airport security generally discourages such things.

Local Date
    09-20-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    If you carry it anywhere in a British city you face a maximum five year jail term.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast