11-22-2019
    Local Time
    12:03 AM

Re: Mass Mudering sprees in USA!

Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    I was watching TV and saw Cheech & Chong movie "Still Smokn'"

Cheech & Chong Con Talk
    LOL! Nice find!
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Premium Member
    Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time
    02:03 AM

That you think because of a person or group winning a civil rights suit using a particular object as the source of the suit that the object itself becomes a civil right in and of itself is utterly ridiculous. Civil rights are freedoms to exercise participation within a society, they are not protections for inanimate objects.

I don't know where you get the absolutely stupid sh!t you come up with, but the fact that you refuse to challenge what you're fed should be embarrassing to you.

Also, that some people coddle your ignorance should be an embarrassment as well. But then, that's how Dunning/Kruger works, isn't it?

You always resort to mockery when you can't hold a conversation. You can't say I didn't try, though.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Premium Member
    Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time
    02:03 AM

I'll give it one last shot using what I'm sure is a hot button issue for someone like you - Quotas.

Quotas are not a "civil right", they are a rule put in place to ensure that certain minority groups can participate in our economic system through jobs without prejudice.

Whether one is a supporter of quotas, is resistant to them or indifferent is no matter. After the society is satisfied that all people, regardless of ethnicity, religion, gender, or what have you, can participate in the system, quotas will be lifted. The civil right is being able to participate, nothing more or less.

Firearms are (arguably) a source of protection against government overreach, Constitutionally speaking, and since they are a popular object, every person, regardless of any of the aforementioned conditions, is entitled to access to them. PERIOD! The guns themselves are not a civil right, access to them is.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time
    01:03 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    I'll give it one last shot using what I'm sure is a hot button issue for someone like you - Quotas.

Quotas are not a "civil right", they are a rule put in place to ensure that certain minority groups can participate in our economic system through jobs without prejudice.

Whether one is a supporter of quotas, is resistant to them or indifferent is no matter. After the society is satisfied that all people, regardless of ethnicity, religion, gender, or what have you, can participate in the system, quotas will be lifted. The civil right is being able to participate, nothing more or less.
    Start a thread about quotas and depending on how you start it I most probably chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Firearms are (arguably) a source of protection against government overreach, Constitutionally speaking, and since they are a popular object, every person, regardless of any of the aforementioned conditions, is entitled to access to them. PERIOD! The guns themselves are not a civil right, access to them is.
    I give you the last word.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7