Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice on eating and sleep please?

Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time
    01:04 AM

Advice on eating and sleep please?

Going through a bit of a time at the moment and I haven't slept much in about a week and I think I've had maybe three meals?
    I'm after some advice on how to acquire an appetite and relax through a very stressful period. I don't know what to do . Even alcohol isn't working.

Local Date
    11-21-2019
    Local Time
    07:04 AM

Re: Advice on eating and sleep please?

A glass of milk before bed always helps me sleep. That and a cookie or bit of bread.

Also stay hydrated. (No, beer does not count.)
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time

hhhmmm.... I took a Restivit last night normally knocks me out...but nothing . Alcohol wasn't working hence the pill. I have used hot milk before but I just can't stomach solids at the moment. (keep throwing up.) Normally I'm a real milkaholic.

Local Date
    11-21-2019
    Local Time

Sounds like rough stuff going on. Sorry to hear that.
    Bottom line, make sure you hydrate.
    When you get dehydrated all the other crap piles on, and your minerals get all out of whack. Nothing works - digestion, getting rest, keeping your head, all that **** goes out the window.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    11-21-2019
    Local Time
    02:04 PM

When I was younger I had a bottle of Kaolin and Morphine... I just went and checked, let me change the tense, I have a bottle of Kaolin and Morphine which I've always found reliable both for sleeping and for getting back to being able to eat. I suspect it was designed to do both at the same time. It might not be available where you are, the laws keep changing. Don't fly abroad with it.

I hope you improve soon. And I agree about the hydration bit.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time

looking at a post on how to get some sleep at 4 in the morning . Ironic I think .
    Thank you for that beautiful post Spot .....but I'm afraid I can't take Morphine. Last time I had morphine the ambulance had to pull over because my blood pressure was 60 over 40 just after they gave it to me . lol ... wont be doing that again, but at least people know how to knock me off now. So it's Hydration Hydration Hydration

Local Date
    11-21-2019
    Local Time

Mag
    have you tried smoking pot? is it available? Try smoking.
    it will relax you & stop the sickness & hopefully give you a appetite.

Take care
    Patsy

Local Date
    11-21-2019
    Local Time
    02:04 PM

Forget the alcohol, you think it helps you sleep if you fall in to a stupor but it actually doesn't and you don't sleep properly so you end up even more tired in the morning. Don't drink anything with caffeine in it like tea or coffee in the evening it just spins up your metabolism. Don't have anything to eat in the evening either as food spins up yopur metabolism as well - that's why if you are on a long journey and are tired driving eating or drinking coffee seems to help. Nighttime cold remedies and a glass of wime will knock you out fi you really feel you need something.

Do something that you might fall asleep doing watch TV or read a book don't do anything that requires too much concentration and will wake your brain up. like use a computer or play computer games.

You get bedtime teas that will help you sleep - you also get pills like nightol (=brand name in the uk) but they have a cumulative effect and takea few days to really work I don;t like such things seeing them as short term solutions.

I had real problems sleeping - still do sometimes - that's what helped me and still does , no tea or coffee, no food, I find the nightime teas really work for me. I refused to take sleeping pills although the doctoe would have prercribed tham as thay are just a short term remedy and won't help in the long run plus I know people who got also ttok things to wake them up- uppers and downers it really screwed them up..

Go to bed even if you don't feel sleepy. Your body knows you are tired just don't stoke it up with food drink or mental stimulation. . Don't drink a lot either as you will wake up needing the toilet so beer is a really bad idea, hydrate good, pissing all night bad. Decide not to think about whatever the problem is. Easy to say I know but in my particular case it wouldn't change anything and I needed to cope.

My sodding dog gets up at four in the morning but that's a different problem.

Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Patsy Warnick View Post
    Mag
    have you tried smoking pot? is it available? Try smoking.
    it will relax you & stop the sickness & hopefully give you a appetite.

Take care
    Patsy

No I'm afraid it's illegal and I'd lose my security and taxi license if that stuff was ever found in my system . Plus I hate the smell.

Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    Forget the alcohol, you think it helps you sleep if you fall in to a stupor but it actually doesn't and you don't sleep properly so you end up even more tired in the morning. Don't drink anything with caffeine in it like tea or coffee in the evening it just spins up your metabolism. Don't have anything to eat in the evening either as food spins up yopur metabolism as well - that's why if you are on a long journey and are tired driving eating or drinking coffee seems to help. Nighttime cold remedies and a glass of wime will knock you out fi you really feel you need something.

Do something that you might fall asleep doing watch TV or read a book don't do anything that requires too much concentration and will wake your brain up. like use a computer or play computer games.

You get bedtime teas that will help you sleep - you also get pills like nightol (=brand name in the uk) but they have a cumulative effect and takea few days to really work I don;t like such things seeing them as short term solutions.

I had real problems sleeping - still do sometimes - that's what helped me and still does , no tea or coffee, no food, I find the nightime teas really work for me. I refused to take sleeping pills although the doctoe would have prercribed tham as thay are just a short term remedy and won't help in the long run plus I know people who got also ttok things to wake them up- uppers and downers it really screwed them up..

Go to bed even if you don't feel sleepy. Your body knows you are tired just don't stoke it up with food drink or mental stimulation. . Don't drink a lot either as you will wake up needing the toilet so beer is a really bad idea, hydrate good, pissing all night bad. Decide not to think about whatever the problem is. Easy to say I know but in my particular case it wouldn't change anything and I needed to cope.

My sodding dog gets up at four in the morning but that's a different problem.

thanks dad . It's my brain that is the problem. It races as soon as I try to relax. add tiredness t the mix and youv'e got yourself a cocktail of restless feet etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast