Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 60

Thread: Where is God and Christ?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member Mickiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan
    Posts
    4,356
    Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time
    12:54 PM

    Where is God and Christ?

    Well their certainly not on earth, or why would they have to return? I don't even think God has ever been to earth. I think he has sent one or two of his spirits here before, because he has seven spirits. But where is here?

  2. #2
    Supporting Member spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brigstow
    Posts
    35,925
    Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time
    07:54 PM

    Re: Where is God and Christ?

    We can certainly try to work out a reasonable answer.

    Can we have a description of God and Christ to narrow the field?

    If we start with Christ as he is today? This is the easier of the two because we definitely know where the person crucified in Jerusalem, subsequently identified by New Testament writers as Christ, was in the first century. I don't think there's been a more recent sighting of God but if you know one you could describe when, where and by whom.

    Anyway. Christ, lunchtime today.

    Is Christ dead or alive today?

    Does Christ have a physical body composed of atoms today? If we can have a Yes there it narrows down the answer a lot. If we have a No, what is he instead?

    If alive today and physical today, is Christ immortal? Please describe those occasions when Christ has actually been or may become dead, if any.

    Please list those periods when Christ has not had a physical body but been alive. If any such period exists then we have a major need to define "alive" in a meaningful way which conforms to any standard dictionary you care to select.

    Can we also pick away at God for a post or two to get a feel for the problem? Does God have a physical body? I'm not sure how you would answer that but I'm interested.

    Can we agree some attributes of God. Is he any of the following: Omnipotent? Omniscient? Omnipresent? How any of these conform with physicality I have no idea. How he can be God while missing one of them I equally can't guess.

    As background personal perspective merely to inform the thread in advance, after careful consideration I do not think the word God has any meaning within the universe other than within the minds of people. There is nothing real and outside of the imagination which bears any of the attributes of any monotheistic God. As for the new testament, some of the stories relating to someone they identify as Jesus may reflect in part the experiences of one or more people who lived at any time before the stories were constructed, others may be inventions, but none relate to anyone identified as Jesus who survived the first century much less to anyone alive today.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

    The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

    England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

  3. #3
    Senior Member Mickiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan
    Posts
    4,356
    Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time
    12:54 PM

    Re: Where is God and Christ?

    Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    We can certainly try to work out a reasonable answer.

    Can we have a description of God and Christ to narrow the field?

    If we start with Christ as he is today? This is the easier of the two because we definitely know where the person crucified in Jerusalem, subsequently identified by New Testament writers as Christ, was in the first century. I don't think there's been a more recent sighting of God but if you know one you could describe when, where and by whom.

    Anyway. Christ, lunchtime today.

    Is Christ dead or alive today?

    Does Christ have a physical body composed of atoms today? If we can have a Yes there it narrows down the answer a lot. If we have a No, what is he instead?

    If alive today and physical today, is Christ immortal? Please describe those occasions when Christ has actually been or may become dead, if any.

    Please list those periods when Christ has not had a physical body but been alive. If any such period exists then we have a major need to define "alive" in a meaningful way which conforms to any standard dictionary you care to select.

    Can we also pick away at God for a post or two to get a feel for the problem? Does God have a physical body? I'm not sure how you would answer that but I'm interested.

    Can we agree some attributes of God. Is he any of the following: Omnipotent? Omniscient? Omnipresent? How any of these conform with physicality I have no idea. How he can be God while missing one of them I equally can't guess.

    As background personal perspective merely to inform the thread in advance, after careful consideration I do not think the word God has any meaning within the universe other than within the minds of people. There is nothing real and outside of the imagination which bears any of the attributes of any monotheistic God. As for the new testament, some of the stories relating to someone they identify as Jesus may reflect in part the experiences of one or more people who lived at any time before the stories were constructed, others may be inventions, but none relate to anyone identified as Jesus who survived the first century much less to anyone alive today.


    I think the discussion should go well. But I think imagination and extraordinary perception need to be in place , because this is a mystical experience , about mystical people and events. This beyond the normal understanding. I'll do what I can , but I am no magician. This is the most stunning thing I have understood.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Mickiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan
    Posts
    4,356
    Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time
    12:54 PM

    Re: Where is God and Christ?

    Of course when we discuss God and Christ , the discussion is somewhat mute if you don't believe they exist. History has to be believed , or it remains a mystery. Many people believe in God . and I know why . it can be a very moving experience. It is the most sensational knowledge I have obtained. By far.

  5. #5
    Supporting Member spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brigstow
    Posts
    35,925
    Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time
    07:54 PM

    Re: Where is God and Christ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
    Of course when we discuss God and Christ , the discussion is somewhat mute if you don't believe they exist. History has to be believed , or it remains a mystery. Many people believe in God . and I know why . it can be a very moving experience. It is the most sensational knowledge I have obtained. By far.
    I'm entirely in agreement, I have no difficulty at all in agreeing that both words are meaningful and that they relate to human experience. I'm keen to discover whether your understanding includes any physical manifestation of either of them and if so when and where. That was why I posed my initial questions.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

    The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

    England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

  6. #6
    Senior Member Mickiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan
    Posts
    4,356
    Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time
    12:54 PM

    Re: Where is God and Christ?

    Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    I'm entirely in agreement, I have no difficulty at all in agreeing that both words are meaningful and that they relate to human experience. I'm keen to discover whether your understanding includes any physical manifestation of either of them and if so when and where. That was why I posed my initial questions.

    I personally know of no physical manifestations , only one spiritual manifestation.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Mickiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan
    Posts
    4,356
    Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time
    12:54 PM

    Re: Where is God and Christ?

    Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    We can certainly try to work out a reasonable answer.

    Can we have a description of God and Christ to narrow the field?

    If we start with Christ as he is today? This is the easier of the two because we definitely know where the person crucified in Jerusalem, subsequently identified by New Testament writers as Christ, was in the first century. I don't think there's been a more recent sighting of God but if you know one you could describe when, where and by whom.

    Anyway. Christ, lunchtime today.

    Is Christ dead or alive today?

    Does Christ have a physical body composed of atoms today? If we can have a Yes there it narrows down the answer a lot. If we have a No, what is he instead?

    If alive today and physical today, is Christ immortal? Please describe those occasions when Christ has actually been or may become dead, if any.

    Please list those periods when Christ has not had a physical body but been alive. If any such period exists then we have a major need to define "alive" in a meaningful way which conforms to any standard dictionary you care to select.

    Can we also pick away at God for a post or two to get a feel for the problem? Does God have a physical body? I'm not sure how you would answer that but I'm interested.

    Can we agree some attributes of God. Is he any of the following: Omnipotent? Omniscient? Omnipresent? How any of these conform with physicality I have no idea. How he can be God while missing one of them I equally can't guess.

    As background personal perspective merely to inform the thread in advance, after careful consideration I do not think the word God has any meaning within the universe other than within the minds of people. There is nothing real and outside of the imagination which bears any of the attributes of any monotheistic God. As for the new testament, some of the stories relating to someone they identify as Jesus may reflect in part the experiences of one or more people who lived at any time before the stories were constructed, others may be inventions, but none relate to anyone identified as Jesus who survived the first century much less to anyone alive today.

    A description of God and Christ is personal opinion , spawned by either the bible or personal knowledge and speculation. I speculate that both God and Christ are spirit beings , the bible being one of the few sources that offer some description. They have spirit forums to which some clues are actually given. They have some type of " heads, arms, torso and legs." They have faces, including eyes and mouths. Their eyes are said to be like flames, and the volume of their voices are said to be loud and enigmatic. Christ is said to have hair like wool, and some type of skin like the appearance of brass.

    God is said to be bright like the sun and his skin like the appearance of many jewels and crystals. A booming voice and sitting on a throne which is also described. Not much else is written. I think that God has actually changed his appearance over time , adding things to himself. They both may have wings and feet. I used to think that God may have more than one head, because he has seven spirits, and usually one spirit traditionally has a head , but I am unsure. God may also have a dragon like appearance . And yet all of this may be incorrect, I just don't know. It is indeed mystical and unreal. Just impossible to believe.

  8. #8
    Supporting Member spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brigstow
    Posts
    35,925
    Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time
    07:54 PM

    Re: Where is God and Christ?

    For clarification, where you mention "this God" as a counter to "the belief that all things created itself from nothing , which is also a belief", are you suggesting that - let me pick an identification, "The God of Creation" - is identical with "this God" of the present which we've been talking about?

    I can easily see that you have a belief in "this God" we're discussing, and you may well have a belief in The God of Creation, but I'm interested in why you equate them as the same God. You seem immediately to ascribe a minimum lifetime of 14 billion years to "this God". Would it bother you if The God of Creation has long since died and that "this God" isn't that old, or is One Eternal God a necessity in your understanding?
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

    The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

    England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

  9. #9
    Senior Member Mickiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan
    Posts
    4,356
    Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time
    12:54 PM

    Re: Where is God and Christ?

    Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    For clarification, where you mention "this God" as a counter to "the belief that all things created itself from nothing , which is also a belief", are you suggesting that - let me pick an identification, "The God of Creation" - is identical with "this God" of the present which we've been talking about?

    I can easily see that you have a belief in "this God" we're discussing, and you may well have a belief in The God of Creation, but I'm interested in why you equate them as the same God. You seem immediately to ascribe a minimum lifetime of 14 billion years to "this God". Would it bother you if The God of Creation has long since died and that "this God" isn't that old, or is One Eternal God a necessity in your understanding?

    Yes they are identical.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Mickiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan
    Posts
    4,356
    Local Date
    11-22-2019
    Local Time
    12:54 PM

    Re: Where is God and Christ?

    Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    For clarification, where you mention "this God" as a counter to "the belief that all things created itself from nothing , which is also a belief", are you suggesting that - let me pick an identification, "The God of Creation" - is identical with "this God" of the present which we've been talking about?

    I can easily see that you have a belief in "this God" we're discussing, and you may well have a belief in The God of Creation, but I'm interested in why you equate them as the same God. You seem immediately to ascribe oa minimum lifetime of 14 billion years to "this God". Would it bother you if The God of Creation has long since died and that "this God" isn't that old, or is One Eternal God a necessity in your understanding?

    I personally believe in one God that I view as an eternal being. And Christ is his son. I do not ascribe a minimum lifetime to them , one of the attributes of being eternal, at times means there was no birth, no beginning , which is incredible. And these are what I suggest is hard to believe , its otherworldly to be eternal , its not in our dictionary . It is beyond our comprehension. How is someone eternal and everlasting? I can't comprehend someone alive that was never born and will never die. This is part of the mystery of God. I truly would like to know him. I think it would be quite something.


    There are no necessities in my understanding of God because it changes and turns and moves . As I learn it grows in its own dynamic , being sharpened and constantly corrected. Like a Father talking to his son . I believe in one God , or we can say one Father. Now is Christ now a God? I am unsure he could be, he certainly qualifies. So we can suggest there is one Father and one son. Jesus actually created all things under the Fathers direction , so he certainly can do the things that God does , so in my understanding I am leaning towards Jesus being a God. I am not sure, but it figures.

    Now God and Christ hold the power to become invisible , yet another reason we do not know where they are.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts