Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: Where is God and Christ?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Mickiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan
    Posts
    4,323
    Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time
    09:00 AM

    Where is God and Christ?

    Well their certainly not on earth, or why would they have to return? I don't even think God has ever been to earth. I think he has sent one or two of his spirits here before, because he has seven spirits. But where is here?

  2. #2
    Supporting Member spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brigstow
    Posts
    35,226
    Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time
    05:00 PM

    Re: Where is God and Christ?

    We can certainly try to work out a reasonable answer.

    Can we have a description of God and Christ to narrow the field?

    If we start with Christ as he is today? This is the easier of the two because we definitely know where the person crucified in Jerusalem, subsequently identified by New Testament writers as Christ, was in the first century. I don't think there's been a more recent sighting of God but if you know one you could describe when, where and by whom.

    Anyway. Christ, lunchtime today.

    Is Christ dead or alive today?

    Does Christ have a physical body composed of atoms today? If we can have a Yes there it narrows down the answer a lot. If we have a No, what is he instead?

    If alive today and physical today, is Christ immortal? Please describe those occasions when Christ has actually been or may become dead, if any.

    Please list those periods when Christ has not had a physical body but been alive. If any such period exists then we have a major need to define "alive" in a meaningful way which conforms to any standard dictionary you care to select.

    Can we also pick away at God for a post or two to get a feel for the problem? Does God have a physical body? I'm not sure how you would answer that but I'm interested.

    Can we agree some attributes of God. Is he any of the following: Omnipotent? Omniscient? Omnipresent? How any of these conform with physicality I have no idea. How he can be God while missing one of them I equally can't guess.

    As background personal perspective merely to inform the thread in advance, after careful consideration I do not think the word God has any meaning within the universe other than within the minds of people. There is nothing real and outside of the imagination which bears any of the attributes of any monotheistic God. As for the new testament, some of the stories relating to someone they identify as Jesus may reflect in part the experiences of one or more people who lived at any time before the stories were constructed, others may be inventions, but none relate to anyone identified as Jesus who survived the first century much less to anyone alive today.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

    The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

  3. #3
    Senior Member Mickiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan
    Posts
    4,323
    Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time
    09:00 AM

    Re: Where is God and Christ?

    Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    We can certainly try to work out a reasonable answer.

    Can we have a description of God and Christ to narrow the field?

    If we start with Christ as he is today? This is the easier of the two because we definitely know where the person crucified in Jerusalem, subsequently identified by New Testament writers as Christ, was in the first century. I don't think there's been a more recent sighting of God but if you know one you could describe when, where and by whom.

    Anyway. Christ, lunchtime today.

    Is Christ dead or alive today?

    Does Christ have a physical body composed of atoms today? If we can have a Yes there it narrows down the answer a lot. If we have a No, what is he instead?

    If alive today and physical today, is Christ immortal? Please describe those occasions when Christ has actually been or may become dead, if any.

    Please list those periods when Christ has not had a physical body but been alive. If any such period exists then we have a major need to define "alive" in a meaningful way which conforms to any standard dictionary you care to select.

    Can we also pick away at God for a post or two to get a feel for the problem? Does God have a physical body? I'm not sure how you would answer that but I'm interested.

    Can we agree some attributes of God. Is he any of the following: Omnipotent? Omniscient? Omnipresent? How any of these conform with physicality I have no idea. How he can be God while missing one of them I equally can't guess.

    As background personal perspective merely to inform the thread in advance, after careful consideration I do not think the word God has any meaning within the universe other than within the minds of people. There is nothing real and outside of the imagination which bears any of the attributes of any monotheistic God. As for the new testament, some of the stories relating to someone they identify as Jesus may reflect in part the experiences of one or more people who lived at any time before the stories were constructed, others may be inventions, but none relate to anyone identified as Jesus who survived the first century much less to anyone alive today.


    I think the discussion should go well. But I think imagination and extraordinary perception need to be in place , because this is a mystical experience , about mystical people and events. This beyond the normal understanding. I'll do what I can , but I am no magician. This is the most stunning thing I have understood.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Mickiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan
    Posts
    4,323
    Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time
    09:00 AM

    Re: Where is God and Christ?

    Of course when we discuss God and Christ , the discussion is somewhat mute if you don't believe they exist. History has to be believed , or it remains a mystery. Many people believe in God . and I know why . it can be a very moving experience. It is the most sensational knowledge I have obtained. By far.

  5. #5
    Supporting Member spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brigstow
    Posts
    35,226
    Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time
    05:00 PM

    Re: Where is God and Christ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
    Of course when we discuss God and Christ , the discussion is somewhat mute if you don't believe they exist. History has to be believed , or it remains a mystery. Many people believe in God . and I know why . it can be a very moving experience. It is the most sensational knowledge I have obtained. By far.
    I'm entirely in agreement, I have no difficulty at all in agreeing that both words are meaningful and that they relate to human experience. I'm keen to discover whether your understanding includes any physical manifestation of either of them and if so when and where. That was why I posed my initial questions.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

    The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

  6. #6
    Senior Member Mickiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan
    Posts
    4,323
    Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time
    09:00 AM

    Re: Where is God and Christ?

    Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    I'm entirely in agreement, I have no difficulty at all in agreeing that both words are meaningful and that they relate to human experience. I'm keen to discover whether your understanding includes any physical manifestation of either of them and if so when and where. That was why I posed my initial questions.

    I personally know of no physical manifestations , only one spiritual manifestation.

  7. #7
    Supporting Member spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brigstow
    Posts
    35,226
    Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time
    05:00 PM

    Re: Where is God and Christ?

    I have no problem with spiritual manifestations.

    On the other hand I would find difficulty in interpreting the existence of a spiritual manifestation independent of the experience of a spiritual manifestation. If someone is experiencing a spiritual manifestation then yes, that's capable of interpretation and analysis and even congratulation.

    Are we considering a spiritual manifestation in any other context? Because your first post suggests you're trying to locate one beyond Earth's orbit. Are we opening the discussion to include physical alien life?
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

    The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

  8. #8
    Senior Member Mickiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan
    Posts
    4,323
    Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time
    09:00 AM

    Re: Where is God and Christ?

    Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    I have no problem with spiritual manifestations.

    On the other hand I would find difficulty in interpreting the existence of a spiritual manifestation independent of the experience of a spiritual manifestation. If someone is experiencing a spiritual manifestation then yes, that's capable of interpretation and analysis and even congratulation.

    Are we considering a spiritual manifestation in any other context? Because your first post suggests you're trying to locate one beyond Earth's orbit. Are we opening the discussion to include physical alien life?


    I think God is some what alien. And I think there is more than one spiritual realities.God for sure is an alien, at least to me.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Mickiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan
    Posts
    4,323
    Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time
    09:00 AM

    Re: Where is God and Christ?

    Where is Christ ? Well in my view he is in a place we call the heavens: up there somewhere. Christ was an alien, but I believe he actually visited the earth once or possibly more in spirit form ; I think the recorded " Jesus" was Christ. I think they exist in another dimension outside of our range, unless we could spot them Spot. Or perhaps they are out of human range.But not out of range of our imagination. It requires great imagination to actually believe they exist, and many of us have that incredible range of imagination and belief. I do and I don't know exactly why some do and others do not. I understand why some do not, its a great stretch for sure. We can't prove it all. We can prove a Jesus existed, but we cannot prove he is the Christ of heaven , we cannot prove that heaven exist.

    But that heaven is where I think they are. Nibbling away at our time and brooding over their return to earth, which is very mystical within itself. You speak of the material world ; that is actually one of the reasons I believe in this God and Christ. I just can't get to the belief that all things created itself from nothing , which is also a belief. I like science and all but I am very skeptical of their views on how the material world got here , they have little evidence too. But they have compelling evidence that is mounting , as does the evidence on Jesus is , mounting. The future should be exciting in discovering more knowledge.

    Now what do we mean by things " Spiritual"? One of the faults of humanity is thinking we know everything, a grave error in our consciousness.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Mickiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan
    Posts
    4,323
    Local Date
    09-23-2019
    Local Time
    09:00 AM

    Re: Where is God and Christ?

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    We can certainly try to work out a reasonable answer.

    Can we have a description of God and Christ to narrow the field?

    If we start with Christ as he is today? This is the easier of the two because we definitely know where the person crucified in Jerusalem, subsequently identified by New Testament writers as Christ, was in the first century. I don't think there's been a more recent sighting of God but if you know one you could describe when, where and by whom.

    Anyway. Christ, lunchtime today.

    Is Christ dead or alive today?

    Does Christ have a physical body composed of atoms today? If we can have a Yes there it narrows down the answer a lot. If we have a No, what is he instead?

    If alive today and physical today, is Christ immortal? Please describe those occasions when Christ has actually been or may become dead, if any.

    Please list those periods when Christ has not had a physical body but been alive. If any such period exists then we have a major need to define "alive" in a meaningful way which conforms to any standard dictionary you care to select.

    Can we also pick away at God for a post or two to get a feel for the problem? Does God have a physical body? I'm not sure how you would answer that but I'm interested.

    Can we agree some attributes of God. Is he any of the following: Omnipotent? Omniscient? Omnipresent? How any of these conform with physicality I have no idea. How he can be God while missing one of them I equally can't guess.

    As background personal perspective merely to inform the thread in advance, after careful consideration I do not think the word God has any meaning within the universe other than within the minds of people. There is nothing real and outside of the imagination which bears any of the attributes of any monotheistic God. As for the new testament, some of the stories relating to someone they identify as Jesus may reflect in part the experiences of one or more people who lived at any time before the stories were constructed, others may be inventions, but none relate to anyone identified as Jesus who survived the first century much less to anyone alive today.

    A description of God and Christ is personal opinion , spawned by either the bible or personal knowledge and speculation. I speculate that both God and Christ are spirit beings , the bible being one of the few sources that offer some description. They have spirit forums to which some clues are actually given. They have some type of " heads, arms, torso and legs." They have faces, including eyes and mouths. Their eyes are said to be like flames, and the volume of their voices are said to be loud and enigmatic. Christ is said to have hair like wool, and some type of skin like the appearance of brass.

    God is said to be bright like the sun and his skin like the appearance of many jewels and crystals. A booming voice and sitting on a throne which is also described. Not much else is written. I think that God has actually changed his appearance over time , adding things to himself. They both may have wings and feet. I used to think that God may have more than one head, because he has seven spirits, and usually one spirit traditionally has a head , but I am unsure. God may also have a dragon like appearance . And yet all of this may be incorrect, I just don't know. It is indeed mystical and unreal. Just impossible to believe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts