Thread: English independence

Local Date
    05-27-2020
    Local Time
    05:19 PM

Re: English independence

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Mawr View Post
    Your first paragraph :-
    Like I said the case would be made. Trouble is westminster and a lot of southerners can't seem to get their heads round the way scots feel about independence and a very real sense of injustice and anger at the way we are ignored. Theresa may excluded the sno from the brexit talks, she didn't have to do so it's quite clear she sawthem as an irrelevance, boris is doing the same. Keir starmer seems to thinbk all he has to do is show face and we will fall over ourselves to vote labour again.

I ask again why is Westminster so terrified of the concept? If scotland is such a drain on the economy why not just agree to let us piss off on our own.

Local Date
    05-27-2020
    Local Time
    10:19 AM

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    Like I said the case would be made. Trouble is westminster and a lot of southerners can't seem to get their heads round the way scots feel about independence and a very real sense of injustice and anger at the way we are ignored. Theresa may excluded the sno from the brexit talks, she didn't have to do so it's quite clear she sawthem as an irrelevance, boris is doing the same. Keir starmer seems to thinbk all he has to do is show face and we will fall over ourselves to vote labour again.

I ask again why is Westminster so terrified of the concept? If scotland is such a drain on the economy why not just agree to let us piss off on our own.
    An Empire with no Chattels?
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

Local Date
    05-27-2020
    Local Time

I reckon we should have a Referendum (excluding the Scots) as to whether we should kick the Scots out of the Union.

Local Date
    05-27-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    I reckon we should have a Referendum (excluding the Scots) as to whether we should kick the Scots out of the Union.
    Don't expect us to come back when boris turns you into a third world nation or to bail you out of bankruptcy. While we're at it why don't we ask the eu (excluding the UK) to have a referendum on whether we should be allowed to leave.

I believe the south of england has been mooted as the place to put trident after you get independence. The twenty mothballed nuclear submarines could be stored on the thames as a tourist attraction.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5