Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ukraine phone call

Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time
    12:03 PM

Re: Impeach Away

Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    It is rather tiresome that there are some who'd rather ignore the will of the people and seek to trump up charges so to remove a president.
    The "Will of the People" ?
    2% more of the voting public chose Billary over The Donald. And another 5% or so, chose somebody else entirely.

I think that The Trumpster actually made it to the office with the largest percentage of votes cast against him of any President in history.

It was a quirk of the States' screwing with the Electoral College that gave the Day to the Fool.

Two presidents have been impeached and neither removed from office.
    Third time is the charm, my granny used to say.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time
    01:03 PM

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    The will of the electoral college does not trump the willful acts of high crimes and misdemeanors. No one made him do what he does, he made those choices himself.
    Please, let's be serious. From the moment he won the election, before taking the oath there were calls for impeachment. Why wait for high crimes or misdemeanors?

Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    The "Will of the People" ?
    2% more of the voting public chose Billary over The Donald. And another 5% or so, chose somebody else entirely.

I think that The Trumpster actually made it to the office with the largest percentage of votes cast against him of any President in history.

It was a quirk of the States' screwing with the Electoral College that gave the Day to the Fool.
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Third time is the charm, my granny used to say.
    I am no fan of the Don, but I do not look forward to removing a president strictly for political reason.

Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time

???

I am no fan of the Don, but I do not look forward to removing a president strictly for political reason.
    Comparative table of elections

Democratic-Republican · DR Democratic · D Republican · R
    Election Winner and party Electoral College Popular vote[a] Runner-up and party Turnout[a]

Votes % Votes Margin % Margin % %

1824 John Quincy Adams DR 84/261 32.18% 113,122 −38,149 30.92% −10.44% Andrew Jackson DR 26.90%

1876 Rutherford B. Hayes R 185/369 50.14% 4,034,311 −254,235 47.92% −3.02% Samuel J. Tilden D 81.80%

1888 Benjamin Harrison R 233/401 58.10% 5,443,892 −90,596 47.80% −0.79% Grover Cleveland D 79.30%

2000[17] George W. Bush R 271/538 50.37% 50,456,002 −543,895 47.87% −0.51% Al Gore D 51.20%

2016[31] Donald Trump R 304/538 55.50% 62,984,828 −2,868,686 46.09% −2.10% Hillary Clinton D 56.30%

Premium Member
    Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time

Re: The Ukraine phone call

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    An impeachment investigation is worth a damn sight more to President Trump than it is to his detractors. If you asked him to name one thing that would get donations and votes for him he'd pick an impeachment investigation. It's how he works, it's how he wins, it's how he's done it from the beginning. The enemy is attacking, will we give in or will we fight.
    My sense is that Trump's negatives are rising due to the constant spectacle of a 70+ juvenile-minded, adolescent-behaving person occupying what should be an honorable position. Trump's constant name-calling, acting out and playing the victim mentality has finally become tiring to far more than not.

I'm not a fan of corporate-minded, neoliberal democrats like great-grandma Pelosi, but I think she's pushed the correct button this time, as I said previously, in the face of obvious objections from Israel, the NRA, and religious groups. Those are tough lobbyist organizations to stick a thump up to.

My opinion is that it's time to take it to this xenophobic, racist, rapist and childish coward, born and bred with a silver spoon in his mouth. The A$$hole's been squatting for far too long now.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time
    06:03 PM

But you know perfectly well that the Senate is never going to pass an impeachment with the required two-thirds majority. President Trump is fireproof against the charge. What will come of it is a whipped-up Trump base storming into a second term.

The man needs noise and conflict and anger in order to thrive. In a calm reserved considerate society he'd have been jailed long ago.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time

Please, let's be serious. From the moment he won the election, before taking the oath there were calls for impeachment. Why wait for high crimes or misdemeanors?
    He DID commit them. All on his own. Without help.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    But you know perfectly well that the Senate is never going to pass an impeachment with the required two-thirds majority.
    The funny thing about lawyers is when and where the rubber meets the road, that they are bound to follow the law, they often appear to suddenly grow a conscience. That's better than going up against a disbarment board. They may be hardcore Republican capitalist corruption artists, but they are lawyers first. I expect them to play offense as a defense until the legal process forces their hands to wear their lawyer hats.

The wheel has been set in motion now and we will all have to see how it plays out. There is no question in my mind that there will be many, many entities on both sides working hard behind the scene doing their best to twist and misconfigure every word coming out of this inquiry, but again, when it gets serious, I do expect to see an unfamiliar, yet welcomed discipline among lawyers.

Robert Mueller had every intention in protecting his faux reputation as an honest, deliberate and reputable prosecutor and law enforcer, so he bailed where he could without committing more than he had to to the process. Hopefully, Pelosi will appoint a hard-nosed young female willing to throw some dirt into the wind to make a name for herself. One with a mind similar to that of Megan Rapinoe's body and a tenacious attitude like that of AOC to get in the face of Trump and throw him around the room a bit. A female like that is bound to get to Trump's psyche more than another coward like Robert Mueller.

No more playing the victim for Trump, those days are over. He had a legitimate issue with the antics of the intelligent community, but the jury has now been in for a while on that and it's old news now. That his loyalists can't see that and get into the present is their problem. Most Americans can see more straight than that.

It's time to get this dude playing the Richie Rich character out of the White House.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time

Trump betrayed his oath to "defend the Constitution." The call reads like a classic organized crime conversation.

I always figured he'd go down for sex offenses (whores and adultery), or tax evasion (devaluing buildings when declaring them) , or money laundering (and having everyone stay at his personal hotels), or fraud (not paying contractors), or....well let's just say, Tude Dog, that is isn't an accident he's in trouble.

I think we can both agree that he's a really slimy and corrupt individual.

Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    ???

Nor do I. However, the guy should never have even been on the ballot to start with.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast