+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Ukraine phone call

Hybrid View

Local Date
    11-15-2019
    Local Time
    02:32 AM

The Ukraine phone call

The thread books a slot to discuss the brouhaha, since we're about to be offered the "full unredacted text" of the source material tomorrow. I'll be interested to see whose bluff it calls.

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)

....You will see it was a very friendly and totally appropriate call. No pressure and, unlike Joe Biden and his son, NO quid pro quo! This is nothing more than a continuation of the Greatest and most Destructive Witch Hunt of all time!
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Premium Member
    Local Date
    11-14-2019
    Local Time
    09:32 PM

Re: The Ukraine phone call

The only quid-pro-quo that could be is linking the denial of the aid money to the demand for an investigation into the Bidens. I don't think that's the offense per se. I think just requesting a foreign government to investigate a political opponent is the offense in and of itself.

For Pelosi to come out publically for impeachment in the face of definite objections from Israel, The NRA, and religious organizations and lobbies make this appear to be pretty serious in my mind.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    11-15-2019
    Local Time

I'm expecting he asked for a favor, which was a Ukraine public disclosure of dirt on the Bidens. Making a deal contingent on it seems unlikely. We might know tomorrow perhaps.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    11-14-2019
    Local Time

I'm loathed to use Politico as a source, but it appears there will be an impeachment investigation. https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ngress-1509360
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    11-15-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    I'm loathed to use Politico as a source, but it appears there will be an impeachment investigation. https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ngress-1509360
    An impeachment investigation is worth a damn sight more to President Trump than it is to his detractors. If you asked him to name one thing that would get donations and votes for him he'd pick an impeachment investigation. It's how he works, it's how he wins, it's how he's done it from the beginning. The enemy is attacking, will we give in or will we fight.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    11-14-2019
    Local Time

Doing nothing isn't the answer either. Perhaps if the gloves come off and the Democrats forward someone who isn't afraid to mix it up with Trump. Going toe-to-toe might be the best strategy, but it can't be a weakling like Mueller, it has to be someone in the form of an AOC or Amy Klobuchar, or Tusli Gabbard. A fierce female, for sure. What's to lose?
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Premium Member
    Local Date
    11-14-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    An impeachment investigation is worth a damn sight more to President Trump than it is to his detractors. If you asked him to name one thing that would get donations and votes for him he'd pick an impeachment investigation. It's how he works, it's how he wins, it's how he's done it from the beginning. The enemy is attacking, will we give in or will we fight.
    My sense is that Trump's negatives are rising due to the constant spectacle of a 70+ juvenile-minded, adolescent-behaving person occupying what should be an honorable position. Trump's constant name-calling, acting out and playing the victim mentality has finally become tiring to far more than not.

I'm not a fan of corporate-minded, neoliberal democrats like great-grandma Pelosi, but I think she's pushed the correct button this time, as I said previously, in the face of obvious objections from Israel, the NRA, and religious groups. Those are tough lobbyist organizations to stick a thump up to.

My opinion is that it's time to take it to this xenophobic, racist, rapist and childish coward, born and bred with a silver spoon in his mouth. The A$$hole's been squatting for far too long now.
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

+ Reply to Thread