Thread: Shooting Gallery

Premium Member
    Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time
    10:13 PM

Re: Shooting Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Mawr View Post
    With apologies, I was being facetious - I am no shooter and should not be passing comment.
    Oh, stop! Your comments are always welcome, including the facetious ones.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time
    08:13 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Oh, stop! Your comments are always welcome, including the facetious ones.
    Yeah! What HE said.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Winter months-Florida, Summer months- New England
    Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time
    11:13 PM

I'll try to make a long story short! I was very young. (19) I bought what I thought was a 12 ga. "shotgun". I found out it was actually called a "Goose" gun, and it had a long barrel, actually too long for what I wanted it for, the barrel was "36" inches long. So I took a hack saw to it and cut off 33 inches of the barrel. At the time I lived miles from the next closest house. So I took my sawed off shotgun and went deep into the dense woods and fired it up into the sky. A flaming fireball blast of LOUD deafening sound came out of the short barrel. The short barrel caused the blast to explode outside the barrel. I was deaf for two days. As it turned out, I found out my "sawed off shotgun" was "illegal"! The minimum legal barrel length had to be "12" inches. So my Dad was a machinist by trade, and he machined a special collar to slide over the gun's short barrel and then slide a 9 inch piece of the cut off barrel into the other side of the collar and silver solder it all together. It came out perfect, and the gun was now legal. NOW COMES the SHOOTING GALLERY PART. I took my gun to the town's indoor Shooting Range to test the accuracy of the barrel collar extension fix. I fired the gun at the targets, and it was perfectly accurate for a shotgun, my Dad did a perfect job fixing my former illegal gun. Thanks Dad! (TURNED OUT TO BE A LONG STORY AFTER ALL )
    Cars
    <"LIFE is SHORT, Make the most of it!!!" GET OUTTA HERE!>
    <Love living Large!>
    <Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!>

Winter months-Florida, Summer months- New England
    Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time
    11:13 PM

I'm going to a shooting Gallery Next month when I head South. My son has a new gun he wants me to try out. Should be interesting.
    Cars
    <"LIFE is SHORT, Make the most of it!!!" GET OUTTA HERE!>
    <Love living Large!>
    <Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!>

Local Date
    12-10-2019
    Local Time
    04:13 AM

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    You need to load your magazine with tracer rounds.
    Exactly. Or mount a laser sight with a scope.

Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time
    08:13 PM

My daughter and her hubby just bought a house out in the plains of Eastern Colorado.
    The Northern corner of the property has a fairly wide gully from an old dry water run. It has obviously made an excellent shooting range for a long time. The far bank has a couple of target screens set up, and an old table fifty yards across the gully. No more venturing out to the back of beyond to find a place to practice, and no worries about dealing with MAGA 'roids flashing their hardware.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    12-10-2019
    Local Time
    03:13 AM

I decided to have a go at shooting seeing the Americans find it so fascinating, so off I went to Las Vegas to a shooting gallery. After firing several guns I found it quite boring and not very stimulating so I thought I'd have a go at the 50 caliber, I fired one shot then questioned why 2 holes were in the target instead of one? "Oh thats because the shell fragmented" the female instructor said, I was puzzled by this, wasn't the real fact that the shell had hit the target ricochet off back into the target and was coming back at me?

Local Date
    12-10-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by henrychalder View Post
    I decided to have a go at shooting seeing the Americans find it so fascinating, so off I went to Las Vegas to a shooting gallery. After firing several guns I found it quite boring and not very stimulating so I thought I'd have a go at the 50 caliber, I fired one shot then questioned why 2 holes were in the target instead of one? "Oh thats because the shell fragmented" the female instructor said, I was puzzled by this, wasn't the real fact that the shell had hit the target ricochet off back into the target and was coming back at me?
    Highly unlikely, behind the target is an energy absorbing layer that would not allow a ricochet. Far more likely that such a large bore projectile would fragment in the bore and both fragments would hit the target.

Local Date
    12-10-2019
    Local Time

I tried Google for background. "Explosive expulsion of stool after digital examination" was not what I had hoped for at all.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    12-10-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    I tried Google for background. "Explosive expulsion of stool after digital examination" was not what I had hoped for at all.
    I worry at the sites you visit!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast