Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The scandalous assassination of Joshua Brown

Local Date
    11-13-2019
    Local Time
    12:43 AM

Re: The scandalous assassination of Joshua Brown

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Yes, I've seen the official story being peddled by Dallas Police Damage Limitation Department. The world has been presented with two different stories. I don't think the Dallas Police should be the adjudicator between them, that's all, they can't both be true and one of the stories is owned by the Dallas Police itself.

We have alternative outcomes. Either a legitimate impartial and independent investigation gives an answer we can both have faith in, or the Dallas Police account is the only one validated under "nothing here to see folks, move along please" rules.
    I honestly do not see what the PD could possibly have gained from Taking the guy out after the trial was over.
    The only probable connection at all would be some sort of "Revenge" thing that the former officer's Partner/boy friend/whatever might have felt the need for after the conviction.

Brown's testimony really had little impact on the case, in the end.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    11-13-2019
    Local Time
    06:43 AM

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    I honestly do not see what the PD could possibly have gained from Taking the guy out after the trial was over.
    The only probable connection at all would be some sort of "Revenge" thing that the former officer's Partner/boy friend/whatever might have felt the need for after the conviction.

Brown's testimony really had little impact on the case, in the end.
    The department would have nothing to gain, I merely suggest it is too terrified to investigate whether the investigating team is putting up a concocted case to shield other officers.

As for why anyone on the force would choose to punish a member of the public for daring to give evidence against a police officer in court? To warn other members of the public to keep their heads below the parapet, especially if the officers involved were Anglo-Saxon and the witness blatantly not.

Case after case demonstrates that police officers worldwide think they are above the law, mostly because in practice they obviously are.

It's not a question of whether his testimony put an officer away, it's that he had the temerity to challenge the word of an officer in court.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    11-13-2019
    Local Time

Well, I don't disagree that the DPD might better serve the investigation by staying out of it. But I don't see any real holes in the theory that it was a simple drug deal gone bad, either.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers

Local Date
    11-13-2019
    Local Time

It is quite a stretch to link the 2001 NOPD with Dallas PD of today. NOPD was under investigation long before the Bridge.
    Here we are - a current observation about racism in the DPD.

The murders of Atatiana Jefferson and Joshua Brown highlight Dallas’ racial tensions. Murders and mass shootings have rocked North Texas this fall.

The deaths of Atatiana Jefferson and Joshua Brown, in particular, have strained the already tense relationship between the area’s law enforcement and black communities.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=uk

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    11-13-2019
    Local Time

Using those two incidents to support that argument is really is quite a reach.

There is no denying that there are racist cops. In Dallas, In New Orleans, Or even here in my home town.

But these two incidents do not really have enough common points to really prove a Racist bent to the management.

Local Date
    11-13-2019
    Local Time

Using those two incidents to support that argument is really is quite a reach.

There is no denying that there are racist cops. In Dallas, In New Orleans, Or even here in my home town.

But these two incidents do not really have enough common points to really prove a Racist bent to the management.
    I'm not suggesting a racist bent to the management, I'm suggesting there are racist cops in Dallas. What I accuse the DPD management of is circling the wagons and denying the problem rather than purging the rank and file. I don't think I'm being unreasonable in making that suggestion.

Local Date
    11-13-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    I'm not suggesting a racist bent to the management, I'm suggesting there are racist cops in Dallas. What I accuse the DPD management of is circling the wagons and denying the problem rather than purging the rank and file. I don't think I'm being unreasonable in making that suggestion.
    Well, the one that shot Ms Jefferson was fired, almost immediately. However THAT event occurred in Fort Worth Texas. It has little to do with the Dallas PD.

As for cops being racists,
    Link: What New Research Says About Race and Police Shootings

From the article:
    "What the studies don’t tell us
    Cesario’s study centers the characteristics of the police officer over the victim, concluding essentially that since black and Hispanic police are as likely or more likely to kill people of color as white officers, that the race of the police officer doesn’t matter. But it’s not clear whether that matters in determining whether police bias exists at all. As Philip Atiba Goff, president and cofounder of the Center for Policing Equity, told NPR, “Racism is not a thing that white people can have and black people can’t. And nobody’s research would suggest that it does.”

Looking at individual police characteristics doesn’t tell the public anything about the links between structural racism—both within a police department and throughout society—and police violence. Boston University School of Public Health scholar Michael Siegel found that connection in his study last year, which analyzed data on police killings between 2013 and 2017. States that have higher rates of racial segregation, incarceration, educational attainment, economic disparity, and unemployment also tend to have higher levels of police violence against African Americans, Siegel found.

Nor does looking at the racial characteristics of individual police shooters tell the public anything about why American law enforcement as a system finds unarmed nonwhite civilians threatening enough to shoot and kill more often than unarmed whites. They don’t explain why police choked Eric Garner, who had no weapon and posed no threat, or why police shot and killed Philando Castile while he was restrained by a seatbelt in a parked car. Meanwhile, Patrick Crusius committed one of the largest terrorist attacks on Latino Americans in U.S history and was apprehended “without incident” while still at the scene of the crime. The point is not that police should have also killed Crusius, but that Garner and Castille should still be alive. "

- Brenton Mock

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4