+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The scandalous assassination of Joshua Brown

Hybrid View

Local Date
    12-10-2019
    Local Time
    03:02 AM

The scandalous assassination of Joshua Brown

You'll remember the white Dallas police officer who murdered her black neighbor.

That in itself was a very odd set of contradictory evidence.

On the one side, came home from work and mistakenly reached the front door on the next floor up from her own, found the door ajar, pushed it open into a dark room and shot a threatening figure after giving a verbal warning.

On the other, neighbors reported hearing loud knocks on his front door and the chap who was shot in his own apartment had been watching TV while eating ice cream on his couch. Who eats ice cream on a couch in the dark? Or leaves a front door ajar in an apartment in Dallas?

One of the chief neighbor witnesses at the trial has now been shot dead. "Joshua Brown was a key witness in the murder of Botham Jean that helped put Amber Guyger away. We need answers".

I'm still amazed that a serving white nonpoc police officer has been jailed in America for shooting a poc - are these this year's acceptable terminology? - but I'm not at all surprised there could be retributive murder in the wake of the verdict.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Premium Member
    Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time
    10:02 PM

Re: The scandalous assassination of Joshua Brown

This case sounds like jealousy to me, it always did. She was found guilty and is now in prison. I didn't realize someone else was killed though.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    12-10-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    She was found guilty and is now in prison.
    If the genders and ethnicities were reversed there would have been a significantly longer sentence, too.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    If the genders and ethnicities were reversed there would have been a significantly longer sentence, too.
    Agreed. I'm thinking being a cop didn't hurt either.
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time
    08:02 PM

From the first news report, this never "sounded" right. And with every information release it got more weird.

Though someone trained as a cop should have had a notion of what floor they were parking on. you should get to where you know the cars that should be on your parking deck, according to a friend of mine who lives in a similar apartment complex. In her apartment, each floor has a slightly different color to the paint on the walls and doors.
    Subtle clues that would tell you that you are on "your" floor.

Do you suppose that her cop boyfriend/partner had anything to do with offing Mr Brown?

All very weird.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    12-10-2019
    Local Time

Dallas mayor Eric Johnson said on Twitter on Monday he trusts Dallas police will conduct a thorough investigation into the death of Brown and that until then, people should “refrain from speculation”.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...r-speculation-
    The mayor of Dallas seems to hope that people will stop discussing the murder until a thorough police investigation is concluded. I suggest it's far more likely a thorough police investigation will only happen if people keep on discussing the murder though even then I doubt a thorough police investigation will actually occur.

Is it more likely than not that the shooters knew who Mr Brown was? And if so, were they more likely than not to have disapproved of his decisive role in the conviction of the white Dallas police officer who murdered her black neighbor?

Refraining from speculation would stop me from suggesting that a proportion of the Dallas police force were quite happy that Mr Brown was shot, feeling no doubt that people who forget their proper place in society ought to be made an example of. I don't suggest for a moment that they would have wanted to see Mr Brown lynched at a public gathering of concerned citizens, but I do think the ethnicities of the victim, defendant and witness at the trial have relevance.

I would encourage everyone to ignore the emollient direction of the mayor of Dallas and to speculate at length.

Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time
    09:02 PM

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    And you know that how?

Local Date
    12-10-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    And you know that how?
    Because your government says so.

Chapter Four:Racial, Ethnic, and Gender Disparities In Federal Sentencing Today

https://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/f...tudy/chap4.pdf

at, for example,

Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time
    09:02 PM

Premium Member
    Local Date
    12-09-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    And you know that how?
    No, you might be right. Had the genders and race been reversed, he probably would have been shot the moment he was spotted.
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

+ Reply to Thread