Thread: Trump Pulling Back In Syria

Premium Member
    Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time
    08:01 AM

Re: Trump Pulling Back In Syria

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    These are from AP, not some political lackey rag.
    It's becoming more and more difficult to trust any mainstream news organization, including the AP. "Triumph of Conventional Wisdom: AP Expunges Iran/Contra Pardons from Barr’s Record" https://consortiumnews.com/2019/01/1...-barrs-record/

There are a lot more too.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time
    01:01 PM

One of the most objectionable aspects of the present President of Turkey is that he clearly believes part of his job is to have people killed. No politician on the planet should believe that and not be immediately criminalized by the collective world's governments. One day we might have a mechanism that locks these deviants up if they get to that stage.

Erdogan vows to 'crush heads' of Kurdish fighters
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time
    02:01 PM

Question Re: Trump Pulling Back In Syria

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    One of the most objectionable aspects of the present President of Turkey is that he clearly believes part of his job is to have people killed. No politician on the planet should believe that and not be immediately criminalized by the collective world's governments. One day we might have a mechanism that locks these deviants up if they get to that stage.

Erdogan vows to 'crush heads' of Kurdish fighters
    “No politician on the planet should believe that”?

For the benefit of balanced observation I wonder how many American presidents we can name who do not/did not specifically order (or implement operations that included) the murder of world leaders as well as large numbers of their innocent countrymen? Now that is a difficult task. The CIA have been involved in assassinations to the tune exceeding my number of fingers and toes.

Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by High Threshold View Post
    For the benefit of balanced observation I wonder how many American presidents we can name who do not/did not specifically order (or implement operations that included) the murder of world leaders as well as large numbers of their innocent countrymen? Now that is a difficult task. The CIA have been involved in assassinations to the tune exceeding my number of fingers and toes.
    I'm not sure why you exclude those who oversaw the murder of large numbers of foreigners, that would have been far easier.

From memory I could only comment on Presidents from around 1870 onward, and I start out hazy. We can start with the deliberate genocide of First People tribes, the presidents who sent out the army with commanders like Custer to achieve America's Manifest Destiny. The ones Hollywood spent generations venerating. John Wayne and stagecoaches, for example. The arrival of the cavalry in the final reel. The American Lie.

Were Presidents in the loop with the Pinkertons assassinating union organizers and strikers? I'd not be at all surprised but I don't actually know. That gets us as far as 1914, say. After the way the FBI took over that role and we get the rise of Edgar J Hoover and I think the number of deaths goes up.

Post-war Presidents started killing foreign leaders as well. Beginning with Truman it's all of them until whenever it stopped. Obama did it, Bush did it, Clinton, Daddy Bush, I can't come up with a President who might not have. Did Ford or Carter preside over such murders? I can agree all the others did, without looking them up, just from memory.

Post-war Presidents also held office while their own countrymen were killed by the agencies, the only fog is the propaganda of the time saying the countrymen were guilty criminals who needed killing. The Black Panthers for example, whom I would describe as social activists. The various cult massacres where, every time, the authorities said the cult leaders were responsible.

But yes, your underlying accusation stands up very well.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time
    02:01 PM

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    I'm not sure why you exclude those who oversaw the murder of large numbers of foreigners, that would have been far easier.
    Because I was responding to the statement, "no politician on the planet" on the subject of the American president and Turkey.

Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by High Threshold View Post
    Because I was responding to the statement, "no politician on the planet" on the subject of the American president and Turkey.
    We both were, my meaning was within that set. Try I'm not sure why you exclude those American Presidents who oversaw the murder of large numbers of foreigners, that's more explicit but it's what I had in mind.

Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time

The words below seem to summarise the true position .
    Of course there are many reasons why the MSM do not want this known .
    imho

" The Turkish invasion in northeast Syria was designed to give Trump a reason to withdraw U.S. troops. It was designed to push the Kurdish forces to finally submit to the Syrian government. Behind the scene Russia had already organized the replacement of the Kurdish forces with Syrian government troops. It has coordinated the Syrian army moves with the U.S. military. Turkey had agreed that Syrian government control would be sufficient to alleviate its concern about a Kurdish guerilla and a Kurdish proto-state at its border. Any further Turkish invasion of Syria is thereby unnecessary.

The plan has everyone winning. Turkey will be free of a Kurdish threat. Syria regains its territory. The U.S. can leave without further trouble. Russia and Iran gain standing. The Kurds get taken care of."

Premium Member
    Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time
    08:01 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    The words below seem to summarise the true position .
    Of course there are many reasons why the MSM do not want this known .
    imho

" The Turkish invasion in northeast Syria was designed to give Trump a reason to withdraw U.S. troops. It was designed to push the Kurdish forces to finally submit to the Syrian government. Behind the scene Russia had already organized the replacement of the Kurdish forces with Syrian government troops. It has coordinated the Syrian army moves with the U.S. military. Turkey had agreed that Syrian government control would be sufficient to alleviate its concern about a Kurdish guerilla and a Kurdish proto-state at its border. Any further Turkish invasion of Syria is thereby unnecessary.

The plan has everyone winning. Turkey will be free of a Kurdish threat. Syria regains its territory. The U.S. can leave without further trouble. Russia and Iran gain standing. The Kurds get taken care of."
    Hi Raphael, and welcome to Forumgarden.

Thanks for the post. It is customary to include a link when quoting a source. This is so we can read the entire piece and see the source if we so choose.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4