+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Trump Pulling Back In Syria

Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time
    10:59 PM

Re: Trump Pulling Back In Syria

Honestly, I'm trying to understand what, exactly, America gets out of all the lives and treasure we have spent in that region.

We don't need their oil anymore. I'd say it's time to abandon that entire part of the world.

Local Date
    01-21-2020
    Local Time
    05:59 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_ View Post
    Honestly, I'm trying to understand what, exactly, America gets out of all the lives and treasure we have spent in that region.

We don't need their oil anymore. I'd say it's time to abandon that entire part of the world.
    You have, for the first time in living memory, an isolationist President. What more could you want.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time

We buy the oil from them, so we can save our reserves for when the they hike the price. They can no longer hold us hostage with their oil. (for now)
    We also leave our oil in the ground while we take the Natural Gas.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/...y-country.html
    https://www.hydrocarbons-technology....-gas-reserves/
    “The reality we can put into words is never reality itself.”
    ― Werner Heisenberg
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth"
    - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Mawr View Post
    He’s the leader of the most powerful state in the world, it’s his job to understand the issues before he acts.
    Aaaand by that definition he has never done his job correctly once...

Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    You have, for the first time in living memory, an isolationist President. What more could you want.
    An isolationist president who is sane?

Local Date
    01-21-2020
    Local Time
    05:59 AM

An isolationist president who is sane?
    The sane ones clearly don't want the job. Stands to reason.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Premium Member
    Local Date
    01-21-2020
    Local Time
    12:59 AM

So, has Trump trumped the Democrats, yet again? He's left them all exposed as the pro-endless-war mongers they've been since the Buba administration.

With headlines like "Agreement to pause Turkey’s campaign in Syria destroys US credibility, top Democrats say, despite demanding it" and pieces like "Trump’s Ending of Wars Could Derail the Democrats" it's difficult for the Democratic party elites to escape a fate of possible irrelevancy.

The only comments I recall from the last debate that echoed Trump's policy of ending these wars was from Bernie Sanders' passing comment, and of course, Tulsi Gabbard's shaming of her competitors. Granted, the links I've provided are from RT News, which often leans right, and Truthdig, which is pretty far left. Neither being read as much as the establishment media sites like NYT, WP, MSNBC, CNN, and others, where one will not find such honesty, but for those of us who look beyond establishment propaganda, it's eye-bulging stuff.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    So, has Trump trumped the Democrats, yet again? He's left them all exposed as the pro-endless-war mongers they've been since the Buba administration.

With headlines like "Agreement to pause Turkey’s campaign in Syria destroys US credibility, top Democrats say, despite demanding it" and pieces like "Trump’s Ending of Wars Could Derail the Democrats" it's difficult for the Democratic party elites to escape a fate of possible irrelevancy.

The only comments I recall from the last debate that echoed Trump's policy of ending these wars was from Bernie Sanders' passing comment, and of course, Tulsi Gabbard's shaming of her competitors. Granted, the links I've provided are from RT News, which often leans right, and Truthdig, which is pretty far left. Neither being read as much as the establishment media sites like NYT, WP, MSNBC, CNN, and others, where one will not find such honesty, but for those of us who look beyond establishment propaganda, it's eye-bulging stuff.
    I am far more concerned with headlines such as,

Trump hails a cease-fire deal with Turkey, but its effect was largely to mitigate a grave foreign policy crisis of his own creation.

Fighting continues in spite of "Cease Fire" : AP journalists witness continued fighting in a northeast Syrian town at the center of the fight between Turkey and Kurdish forces, despite a U.S.-brokered cease-fire that went into effect hours earlier.

White House shifts position on Ukraine (Mick Mulvaney, acting chief of staff, acknowledges that Trump’s decision to hold up military aid to Ukraine was linked to his demand that Kyiv investigate the Democratic National Committee and the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign.)

These are from AP, not some political lackey rag.

I am also concerned that with the US "pull-out" leaving a number of nuclear weapons in the hands of Erdogan.
    That is a pretty serious "WTF?!?"
    Erdogan: "I Don't Accept" Being Told Turkey Can't Have Nuclear Weapons
    ― Werner Heisenberg
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth"
    - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    01-20-2020
    Local Time

So, an observation from a fellow I have been following for a while:
    A ceasefire whereby Turkey and Russia get everything they want -- including the US abandoning the region -- and the Kurds being thrown off their land or slaughtered.

Now, for this ceasefire to hold, Turkey's leader Erdogan said this morning: "It's the responsibility of the United States to ensure that Kurdish fighters withdraw in the 120-hour window."

Ah.

You see it, right?

That's the Joker in the deck. Right there.

It's the responsibility of the United States.

The United States.

It's our job to see all Kurdish fighters are removed from an area designated by Erdogan and Putin.

Got it?

And we have 5 days, 120 hours, to get it done -- using ... troops that have already retreated from the area and bombed their own bases, I guess.

Or Turkey resumes its attack.

So, when the Turkish slaughter resumes, and it will, it will be blamed on the United States for not evacuating these alleged fighters. That's right. And Russia and Turkey will justify it by pointing to Trump's comment that Turkey has a right to "clean out" the Kurds.

Essentially what's happened here is that Trump sent Pence to Turkey to take responsibility for genocide and hand a brutal tyrant a get out of jail free card.
    - Jim Wright, Stonekettle Station (http://www.stonekettle.com/)

And the Donald is very proud of this "Cease-fire"
    ― Werner Heisenberg
    - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth"
    - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    01-21-2020
    Local Time
    06:59 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    Looking at it from a logical perspective: Many of us have said the U.S. has no business there. So now we'll see.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast