Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trump Pulling Back In Syria

Local Date
    10-18-2019
    Local Time
    05:15 AM

Re: Trump Pulling Back In Syria

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    I don't dispute that in the slightest. I'm discussing the American-financed American-armed Kurdish volunteer militia in Syria which has just been abandoned on the instruction of President Trump, not the historical justification for Kurdistan.
    So the upcoming genocide is justified because the americans trained and supplied some of the fighters? Some of the female peshmerga soldiers were yazidi women who joind the ranks after isis attacked their communities and took many of the women as slaves. I suppose you think they should have just stayed at home instead of becoming mercenaries and taking american weapons to attack isis. Trump has given a green light for this invasion to suggest the kurds were not aware of how unreliable the americans were likely to be is imo a mistake.

Best way to look at it is what would you do in their position?

Local Date
    10-18-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    So the upcoming genocide is justified?
    Justified? Of course it isn't justified, the Turkish government is a repressive tyranny which in an ideal world would see a revolution and the dismantling of its entire military capacity.

What I have applauded is America's abandonment of its paid mercenary fighting force in Syria. No group should ever trust America to stand by it instead of walk away when America's interests have been satisfied.

Throwing this particular Kurdish volunteer militia to the wolves is exemplary. Turkey then crossing the border and bombing Kurdish population centres in Syria should be answered with a war crime tribunal, and the President of Turkey locked in a secure jail in the Hague for several decades.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    10-17-2019
    Local Time
    10:15 PM

Fascinated to see a "tweet" from Netanyahu condemning The Turkish action in N Syria.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    10-18-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Fascinated to see a "tweet" from Netanyahu condemning The Turkish action in N Stria.
    He must have been laughing his socks off as he wrote it then. Did he add a smiley?

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    10-18-2019
    Local Time

Justified? Of course it isn't justified, the Turkish government is a repressive tyranny which in an ideal world would see a revolution and the dismantling of its entire military capacity.

What I have applauded is America's abandonment of its paid mercenary fighting force in Syria. No group should ever trust America to stand by it instead of walk away when America's interests have been satisfied.

Throwing this particular Kurdish volunteer militia to the wolves is exemplary. Turkey then crossing the border and bombing Kurdish population centres in Syria should be answered with a war crime tribunal, and the President of Turkey locked in a secure jail in the Hague for several decades.
    It had a revolution unfortunately it turned a secular state in to an islamic one. Like many dictators they use religion to get control. Turkey has one of the most powerful militaries in the middle east stopping them now will mean all out war.

Local Date
    10-18-2019
    Local Time

We don't do war any longer, and I didn't say I thought Turkey could be stopped. I do think the current Turkish leadership could be prosecuted at a tribunal in due course though. If anyone would like to set up a fund to make it happen I'll contribute.

Local Date
    10-18-2019
    Local Time

We don't do war any longer, and I didn't say I thought Turkey could be stopped. I do think the current Turkish leadership could be prosecuted at a tribunal in due course though. If anyone would like to set up a fund to make it happen I'll contribute.
    There are quite a few people around the world who might disagree with you on that one.

Turkey is not going to stop especially for an international tribunal whose authority it does not recognise, The united states does not recognise the jurisdiction of international courts over it's military why should turkey?

Turkey has the second largest military in Nato. While size does not necessarily equate to quality it is by no means of a size that can be intimidated in to submission. I reiterate the only way to stop turkey having it's way now is warfare. Hopefully I am wrong.

Local Date
    10-18-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    I reiterate the only way to stop turkey having it's way now is warfare. Hopefully I am wrong.
    I'm wondering which army is going to be sent to this war you propose, you need two parties before a war can break out. Who would fight Turkish troops? The Russians, Iraqis, Iranians, Americans, NATO, are all allies of Turkey, so you'll need to look further afield to find a defender for the Kurds. That's been Kurdistan's problem ever since it failed to be born.

I can't see Israel chancing its arm outside its own borders. Well, Palestinian and Jordanian and Egyptian and maybe even Lebanese borders too, but not for a Kurdish enclave. Israeli troops north of the Euphrates? Even God never gave them that much territory.

Is there an Armenian army? Maybe we can field a Kazakh division or two, or a boatload of Cubans.

I have the answer! Simon Mann! All we need do is tell him there's oil rights to be had.

The Kurds have no friends but the mountains. Turkey, on the other hand, has three million refugees in pens just begging for the Turkish border into Europe to be opened for them, that's the ace in the hole reason everyone kowtows to President Erdogan.

Local Date
    10-17-2019
    Local Time
    10:15 PM

I was just reading that it seems the Orange One figures that he can now step in and negotiate a settlement to stop the fighting. Perhaps his next venture to get that Nobel Peace Prize that he has been coveting?
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    10-18-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    I'm wondering which army is going to be sent to this war you propose, you need two parties before a war can break out. Who would fight Turkish troops? The Russians, Iraqis, Iranians, Americans, NATO, are all allies of Turkey, so you'll need to look further afield to find a defender for the Kurds. That's been Kurdistan's problem ever since it failed to be born.

I can't see Israel chancing its arm outside its own borders. Well, Palestinian and Jordanian and Egyptian and maybe even Lebanese borders too, but not for a Kurdish enclave. Israeli troops north of the Euphrates? Even God never gave them that much territory.

Is there an Armenian army? Maybe we can field a Kazakh division or two, or a boatload of Cubans.

I have the answer! Simon Mann! All we need do is tell him there's oil rights to be had.

The Kurds have no friends but the mountains. Turkey, on the other hand, has three million refugees in pens just begging for the Turkish border into Europe to be opened for them, that's the ace in the hole reason everyone kowtows to President Erdogan.
    You misunderstand or more likely I haven't made my point well. I'm not proposing a war I am pointing out that imo the only way turkey will be stopped is by warfare. That means imo that they will be able to do what they want because as you point out who is going to fight them. The wars over the last thirty years fought by the western powers or so have been powerful groups taking on weaker ones that realistically did not have much of a chance. Turkey is a whole different ballgame.

Successful dictators tend to hang on to power especially if god is on his side, he's stifled internal opposition and he has external targets. What if erdogan turns his attention to greece again - maybe he'll take a leaf out of donald trump's book and unilaterally abrogate international treaties and agreements what will greece be able to do about it what will nato do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast