Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Pulling Back In Syria

Premium Member
    Local Date
    10-21-2019
    Local Time
    09:36 PM

Trump Pulling Back In Syria

Is Trump doing this for Turkey under the guise of reducing US involvement in "forever wars"? Turkey has spent serious money with us lately. Is this part two of a "beautiful deal"?

Your thoughts?
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    10-21-2019
    Local Time
    07:36 PM

Re: Trump Pulling Back In Syria

Leaving the Kurds to their final fate.
    ISIS is all but dispatched, supposedly, so the US no longer has need of them.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    10-22-2019
    Local Time
    02:36 AM

This is the third time the kurds have been shafted by the US. The turks want to exterminate them. Turkey has one of the most powerful militaries in the region and fundamentalist muslims have taken control over what was once a secular state.

In fairness to trump I don't think he can grasp the seriousness of what he had just done.

Local Date
    10-22-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    This is the third time the kurds have been shafted by the US. The turks want to exterminate them. Turkey has one of the most powerful militaries in the region and fundamentalist muslims have taken control over what was once a secular state.

In fairness to trump I don't think he can grasp the seriousness of what he had just done.
    He’s the leader of the most powerful state in the world, it’s his job to understand the issues before he acts.

Local Date
    10-22-2019
    Local Time

If it persuades future foreign mercenaries from acting as America's cannon fodder whenever the White House of the day decides it wants to interfere in the internal affairs of yet another sovereign nation, then I'm all in favor of abandoning the previous gullible militia that signed up for the job. It's a dire warning to whoever is next tempted by cash and weaponry.

The Kurds suffered 11,000 dead while acting under American direction in Syria, if I heard that right earlier this week. Without them, and with no ability to take casualties itself, America's belligerent foreign policy would have been hamstrung.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    10-22-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    If it persuades future foreign mercenaries from acting as America's cannon fodder whenever the White House of the day decides it wants to interfere in the internal affairs of yet another sovereign nation, then I'm all in favor of abandoning the previous gullible militia that signed up for abandonment. It's a dire warning to whoever is next tempted by cash and weaponry.

The Kurds suffered 11,000 dead while acting under American direction in Syria, if I heard that right earlier this week. Without them, and with no ability to take casualties itself, America's belligerent foreign policy would have been hamstrung.
    They're not simply foreign mercenaries there are some 30 million of them with the misfortune to be in an area rich in resources and bounded bounded by turkey, iran, iraq (it was kurds that saddam hussein used chical weapons against following in the footsteps of the british) and syria. (follow the oil). Turkey is going to ethnically cleanse the area. The kurds were there long before the arabs and turks.

Be interesting to see what the rest of the kurds in turkey decide to do -erdogan jailed their leaders.

Local Date
    10-22-2019
    Local Time

They're not simply foreign mercenaries there are some 30 million of them with the misfortune to be in an area rich in resources and bounded bounded by turkey, iran, iraq (it was kurds that saddam hussein used chical weapons against following in the footsteps of the british) and syria. (follow the oil). Turkey is going to ethnically cleanse the area. The kurds were there long before the arabs and turks.

Be interesting to see what the rest of the kurds in turkey decide to do -erdogan jailed their leaders.
    No, the Kurdish armed volunteer militia hired by America to fight their proxy war do not total 30 million. With their camp-followers they might amount to a quarter of a million. There are other Kurds in the world beside this mercenary force. The pre-war Syrian Kurd population was less than 2 million and I'd guess over half of those have fled Syria in the last decade.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    10-21-2019
    Local Time
    09:36 PM

He understands, he just doesn't care. Like all sociopaths, no one exists outside of him. gmc, you (of all people)using the word fairness & trump in the same breath is a knife in my heart. Please don't do it again.

Local Date
    10-22-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    No, the Kurdish armed volunteer militia hired by America to fight their proxy war do not total 30 million. With their camp-followers they might amount to a quarter of a million. There are other Kurds in the world beside this mercenary force. The pre-war Syrian Kurd population was less than 2 million and I'd guess over half of those have fled Syria in the last decade.
    It's not as simple or black amd white as you picture it. Why are there so many around the world? The kurds have been fighting for their own country ever since the ottoman empire took it off them. Turkey was one of the geat superpowers now they are after old glories and are no longer a secular state. God is with them.

Local Date
    10-22-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    It's not as simple or black amd white as you picture it. Why are there so many around the world? The kurds have been fighting for their own country ever since the ottoman empire took it off them. Turkey was one of the geat superpowers now they are after old glories and are no longer a secular state. God is with them.
    I don't dispute that in the slightest. I'm discussing the American-financed American-armed Kurdish volunteer militia in Syria which has just been abandoned on the instruction of President Trump, not the historical justification for Kurdistan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast