Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Russian Trolls look for other ways to influence the populace.

  1. #1
    Proudly humble LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    10,846
    Local Date
    12-15-2019
    Local Time
    06:26 AM

    Russian Trolls look for other ways to influence the populace.

    Well, now how very interesting.

    Headline: Russian operatives sacrifice followers to stay under cover on Facebook

    LONDON (Reuters) - Efforts by Russian influence campaigns to stay undetected on social media ahead of next year’s U.S. elections are undermining their ability to gain followers and spread divisive political messages, a senior Facebook (FB.O) executive told Reuters.

    Russian Trolls seek more favorable hunting grounds

    Of course some of them may find other places on the Big Wide World Web where they may encounter far less serious scrutiny from the Media Giants.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

  2. #2
    Banned Raphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    314
    Local Date
    12-15-2019
    Local Time
    01:26 PM

    Re: Russian Trolls look for other ways to influence the populace.

    They gave out the same fear - speak for the 2016 election .As did Goggle .

    That has all been dismissed as the garbage we all suspected it was from the outset .Even Hilary's lawyers writing the Mueller report could find no evidence to support any aspect of Russiagate .

    Who believes anything Fakebook says these days ?

    The last place anybody would choose to try and influence opinion formers is from Fakebook .


    Russians are very smart and in the area of cyber activity they are probably leaps and bounds ahead of their American counter parts .
    They know exactly who uses the FB site and the IQ of the highest usage groups .
    Enough said !

    Who makes up these stories ?
    Judging by the Veritas revelations for both Fakebook and Goggle , it is the respective managements themselves . The CIA caught with its pants around its swollen ankles yet again .

    The only person believing this garbage might be poor broken HRC whom , I guess , will never regain sanity .

  3. #3
    Proudly humble LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    10,846
    Local Date
    12-15-2019
    Local Time
    06:26 AM

    Re: Russian Trolls look for other ways to influence the populace.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    They gave out the same fear - speak for the 2016 election .As did Goggle .

    That has all been dismissed as the garbage we all suspected it was from the outset .Even Hilary's lawyers writing the Mueller report could find no evidence to support any aspect of Russiagate .

    Who believes anything Fakebook says these days ?

    The last place anybody would choose to try and influence opinion formers is from Fakebook .


    Russians are very smart and in the area of cyber activity they are probably leaps and bounds ahead of their American counter parts .
    They know exactly who uses the FB site and the IQ of the highest usage groups .
    Enough said !

    Who makes up these stories ?
    Judging by the Veritas revelations for both Fakebook and Goggle , it is the respective managements themselves . The CIA caught with its pants around its swollen ankles yet again .

    The only person believing this garbage might be poor broken HRC whom , I guess , will never regain sanity .
    You know, I predicted almost every one of those phrases.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

  4. #4
    Banned Raphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    314
    Local Date
    12-15-2019
    Local Time
    01:26 PM

    Re: Russian Trolls look for other ways to influence the populace.

    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    You know, I predicted almost every one of those phrases.
    You are right .

    The truth is predictable in terms of it being timeless once established .

    But even when truth is repeated , it is for the benefit of everybody and to the harm of nobody .

    Good to see these very people now coming under criminal investigation .

    The sooner the swamp is drained the better for all .

  5. #5
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    9,974
    Local Date
    12-15-2019
    Local Time
    08:26 AM

    Re: Russian Trolls look for other ways to influence the populace.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    You are right .

    The truth is predictable in terms of it being timeless once established .

    But even when truth is repeated , it is for the benefit of everybody and to the harm of nobody .

    Good to see these very people now coming under criminal investigation .

    The sooner the swamp is drained the better for all .
    Why the mask?
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

    I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

    Fiona Apple

  6. #6
    Banned Raphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    314
    Local Date
    12-15-2019
    Local Time
    01:26 PM

    Re: Russian Trolls look for other ways to influence the populace.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Why the mask?
    So now you are claiming a super talent --- you can see over vast distances and round corners .


    In contrast I am very fortunate to just be of good heart and wondrous face .

    The last person with any need to hide.

    My Guardian Angels invariably refer to me as a blessed person in God's sight . And that makes are blush .
    So keep it quiet .

  7. #7
    Senior Member High Threshold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,836
    Local Date
    12-15-2019
    Local Time
    02:26 PM

    Exclamation Re: Russian Trolls look for other ways to influence the populace.

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Well, now how very interesting.

    Headline: Russian operatives sacrifice followers to stay under cover on Facebook

    LONDON (Reuters) - Efforts by Russian influence campaigns to stay undetected on social media ahead of next year’s U.S. elections are undermining their ability to gain followers and spread divisive political messages, a senior Facebook (FB.O) executive told Reuters.

    Russian Trolls seek more favorable hunting grounds

    Of course some of them may find other places on the Big Wide World Web where they may encounter far less serious scrutiny from the Media Giants.
    I remember a time - not so very long ago - when trolls had no particular nationality. These days the term "troll" seems to be attributed to Russians exclusively although if you ask me I suspect the vast majority rally round the black flag of Washington.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts